Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 27, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #4,801 of 10,023
I was waiting until someone else posted a picture before I did. Once they were done evaluating the new headphone Walt graciously sold it to me. It is, to my ears. absolutely amazing. Here is another picture along with my HP-1 and Odin.
20210426_193914.jpg

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #4,802 of 10,023
I was waiting until someone else posted a picture before I did. Once they were done evaluating the new headphone Walt graciously sold it to me. It is, to my ears. absolutely amazing. Here is another picture along with my HP-1 and Odin.20210426_193914.jpg
Wow, amazing that you already have one. Coul you please make a small comparison with the LSA HP1?
Thanks!

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #4,803 of 10,023
I was waiting until someone else posted a picture before I did. Once they were done evaluating the new headphone Walt graciously sold it to me. It is, to my ears. absolutely amazing. Here is another picture along with my HP-1 and Odin.20210426_193914.jpg

21042703015923553817391335.jpg

Wow!

Beautiful! :)

Thanks.

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #4,805 of 10,023
I was waiting until someone else posted a picture before I did. Once they were done evaluating the new headphone Walt graciously sold it to me. It is, to my ears. absolutely amazing. Here is another picture along with my HP-1 and Odin.
Wow thx for the comparison (in looks), care to share some thoughts in the sound department?

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #4,807 of 10,023
I am afraid that my ability to describe such things is limited. I have used the Diamond exclusively for the last week and have not yet done any direct comparisons. However I do feel that Eric is pretty close to the mark. The new one seems to be more delicate and detailed in its delivery. The HP-1 has a stronger presence in the bass region. I should point out, however, that I currently have ecl-02 pads on the HP-1. I feel that the mid range is very similar with the Diamond winning with slightly better staging and detail.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #4,810 of 10,023
@Audio46 is a dealer in the US for Kennerton but the Woodan is not shown. I would contact them to see if they will carry it.
They did not have the Rognir on their website either. I contacted them mentioning that I would like to order it and they did add it and put in my order. I am sure they would do the same with any Kennerton if they do not already have it on their site.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #4,811 of 10,023
Audio46 Audio46 is the destination store in NYC to demo and buy headphone products. Stay updated on Audio46 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Audio46 https://twitter.com/Audio46NYC https://www.instagram.com/audio46/ https://audio46.com/ info@audio46.com
Apr 27, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #4,812 of 10,023
Hi all.

On the French forum, a member of the forum thought that the LSA HP Diamond reminded him of a Samurai Kendo helmet.

21042703015923553817391335.jpg

P1090322-600x800.jpg

Beware of the Samurai that lies dormant in him/it ... He can be fatal to other headphones who would underestimate him!

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #4,814 of 10,023
As the owner of both Thror and Wodan 2021 (with the newer Aluminum driver), I can confirm what @eric65 just said.

I'm pretty amaze with its performance. Especially its speed. This thing screams. And it has absolutely no problem handle my favorite genre, Symphonic metal, and Japanese-Rock with insanely fast percussions.

In various aspects, the new Wodan driver outperform the Thror's. (This is also why I'm not getting the Thror Novel, unless it has the new driver that outperform the Wodan's first :p)

The Thror remains the more neutral, flatter, and uncolored of the two, though.

Hi Dave.

Kennerton Thror or Wodan 2021 or Thekk or now LSA HP Diamond for listen Symphonic metal with insanely percussions ?

I'm not familiar with the Wodan 2021 (and its brand new aluminum driver which looks pretty damn fast), let alone the brand new LSA HP Diamond, which also looks amazing, but I am familiar with the Thekk and Thror with their carbon drivers.

Well, I just listened tonight to the Live in Buenos Aires concert of Nightwish (in blu ray - LPCM track), and in particular this track (in youtube video below, but even better in the uncompressed PCM format of the blu-ray), and well, percussions (drums and cymbals) are damn fast and even amazing because of their speed and their slam with my Thekk (on the Viva 2A3 in amplification after 30 minutes of warming up): More than pleasing aural sound result. :)

EDIT: And for fans of Nightwish and in particular of Floor Jansen, this second Youtube video, which shows that Floor Jansen knows how to make Argentines dance, unless it is the other way around. :beyersmile:
Quite pleasing video and showing the crazy atmosphere of this Live In Buenos Aires concert.
Crazy atmosphere and insanely fast percussions and true musical emotion perfectly broadcast on a large Panasonic screen and the Thekk headphones. :)

EDIT bis (last): If you want to hear a very fast drumming, but really fast, but also to hear all the extent of Floor's voice, you can take a look at this last video from the same concert Live In Buenos Aires of Nightwish.

Only one regret, the Youtube compressed sound of this video is only a very weak reflection of the LPCM sound of the Live concert in blu ray; really a pity.
It is so much more dynamic and fast on the blu ray player and my sedentary headphones system (here the Thekk).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #4,815 of 10,023
Do you know if the Diamond will be available in other types of wood?. I think I've read here that LSA just offer one wood variant for their headphones.

Thank you very much, @eric65, for sharing that beautiful music. The first time I visited this forum (a few years ago, looking for info about Beyer Amiron Home and 1990 Pro) I supposed that everybody here listened only to jazz and classical but I'm glad I was wrong :relaxed: Althought, I love listen to jazz (right now I'm listening with my Z7s to Milt Jackson & John Coltrane), the genres that engaged me to music were rock and metal.

Edit: I watched the first video and the sound in the live show is very very good, even with my Z7s I enjoy a lot the guitars and the drums (in a few days, I will try with my Denon 9200s which I prefer for metal). I'm sorry but, althought Floor does a very good job with Elvenpath, I prefer the original with Tarja. By the way, I love Floor's dress, a good atrezo for it would be the Meze Empyrean cooper edition :wink:

I also love that electric bagpipe that they have included in the show (and I suppose in their latest albums). I have to give a listen to them, because usually I don't like the singles I found... For example, the second song you shared doesn't say me anything :slight_frown: The beginning of the song was so funny

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back