Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 25, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #4,771 of 10,020
1619359816417.png

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #4,773 of 10,020
Family.

DSC_1764.jpg

Waiting for the newest member, Rognir. I should be getting mine pretty soon. (still in production, not finished yet).

Still missing Thekk, newer Vali, and Thror Novel. (I really want the Thror Novel just for the look alone .... but unless it's the new driver then there is no way I could justify it).
Did you ever ask Kennerton for a trade in

Your old Thror + some cash for the Thror Novel.

That could be the most cost efficient and straightforward way to change the models.

Especially since you're a long time Kennerton customer with quite the collection, I think they wouldn't be opposed to the idea

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #4,774 of 10,020
Did you ever ask Kennerton for a trade in

Your old Thror + some cash for the Thror Novel.

That could be the most cost efficient and straightforward way to change the models.

Especially since you're a long time Kennerton customer with quite the collection, I think they wouldn't be opposed to the idea
The problem is me. I collect them. Also If I gonna get it, it would also be for different wood. (I'm a sucker for wood, btw).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #4,776 of 10,020
Can't really say which one is my favorite, as I like one more than another depending on moods and how I want to hear things. Also depending on genres.

But I can say that I'd been, comparatively, using the Odin Mk2 + ECL-02 more than others. I just like its intimate sound, its musicality, and that lovely mid. The ECL-02 make it even more intimate with more 'emotional' bass.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #4,777 of 10,020
Can't really say which one is my favorite, as I like one more than another depending on moods and how I want to hear things. Also depending on genres.

But I can say that I'd been, comparatively, using the Odin Mk2 + ECL-02 more than others. I just like its intimate sound, its musicality, and that lovely mid. The ECL-02 make it even more intimate with more 'emotional' bass.

Yes, the sound of the Odin mk2, even with the stock pads, is very involving and intimate. Lots of people like it; other Kennerton headphones, even equipped with ECL-02 ear pads, have never reproduced it.

Now remains the Thekk, and of course the Rögnir to discover; perhaps you will change your mind after listening to them, as a bedside headphone for your favorite music? :)

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #4,779 of 10,020
Yes, the sound of the Odin mk2, even with the stock pads, is very involving and intimate. Lots of people like it; other Kennerton headphones, even equipped with ECL-02 ear pads, have never reproduced it.

Now remains the Thekk, and of course the Rögnir to discover; perhaps you will change your mind after listening to them, as a bedside headphone for your favorite music? :)
Yes, I regret not having the Odin MK2 more than any other headphone which I had and have no longer.

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #4,780 of 10,020
Family.

DSC_1764.jpg

Waiting for the newest member, Rognir. I should be getting mine pretty soon. (still in production, not finished yet).

Still missing Thekk, newer Vali, and Thror Novel. (I really want the Thror Novel just for the look alone .... but unless it's the new driver then there is no way I could justify it).
"there is no way I could justify it" Lol. Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? Just pulling your chain mate. Great (outstanding) collection!

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #4,781 of 10,020
The Odin was sold 1950 € by Kennerton, around 2360 $. My HP-1 is sold 1399 $ by Underwood. More than 40.7 % less. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The Wodan is sold 2222 €, around 2690 $. The future HP Diamond is sold 1999 $. So in this case it would be only 25.7 % less ?
The Rögnir is sold 2850 €, around 3450 $. In this case, it would be 42% less, right in line with what Underwood did for the HP-1.

And the Wodan's driver is not really a "brand new" driver like is saying Walter. It's the same driver as the Wodan 2020 with aluminium replacing steel for the frame.
The Rögnir's driver is really a new one, with a totally different diaphragm, more thick, as told by Valentin.
Also, asking to Kennerton to make another variant of their driver especially for LSA has a cost. It is not the best way to discount a headphone.
It is the reason why the HP-1, -2 and -3 all use the same driver as their Kennerton counterpart.
(If the HP-1 really has a Kennerton counterpart. Because it seems more close to a Thekk with sub-bass than to the Odin. The best LSA deal in my opinion.)

If Walter would want to sell a "Wodan clone", why wait so long, and why so few headphones, only 4 ?
If it's about a "Rögnir clone", a brand new headphone not yet available in large quantity, it makes more sense. (Could this HP Diamond be an even best deal than the HP-1 ?)

Time will tell who is right ..... a rather short time now ! :L3000:

Philippe.
I would love that the $/€ conversion would be fair in other scenarios, like here with Kennerton.

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #4,782 of 10,020
Family.

DSC_1764.jpg

Marvellous pic :relaxed:

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #4,783 of 10,020
The problem is me. I collect them. Also If I gonna get it, it would also be for different wood. (I'm a sucker for wood, btw).
I will post a picture when I finished my current wood project with "tea" (spanish word, that means old pine). I found some long "tea" boards lying in the ground of my grandfather basement and I reuse to my little projects. I hope you like it, maybe tomorrow I will end the project.

PD: Sorry for multi-post. Next time I'll use quotes (the last posts were so inspiring for me)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back