Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 30, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #4,831 of 10,020
Hi. Auto-translated English (and probably other languages) subtitles are now available for the Wodan video above
But English subtitles are inaccurate (especially regarding the headphone names), so could someone translate a short part at the end of the video about Wodan vs Thekk, as the flagship competitors?

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #4,832 of 10,020
Hi. Auto-translated English (and probably other languages) subtitles are now available for the Wodan video above
But English subtitles are inaccurate (especially regarding the headphone names), so could someone translate a short part at the end of the video about Wodan vs Thekk, as the flagship competitors?

Thanks for the info. :)

In this video : Kenner Tons = Kennerton; Tek or Tec or Tech = Thekk ; Laudun or Lauda = Odin ; Leveaux dan = Wodan ; Tri ji = Thridi ; Valais = Vali ; helmets = headphones .; 8 microns thick (for the membrane) (and not 2 ...) etc...

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #4,833 of 10,020
Thank you. Again, the Pierre Paya's review seems the quickiest one available (as it was some time before with the Thekk).

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #4,834 of 10,020
I absolutely love my LSA HP-2 and I'm thinking about getting the HP-1 to see how their planar sounds. The HP-2 is one of the best dynamic driver headphones I've heard and for detail retrieval it's amazing. I think I'm going to sell a headphone or 2 and get the HP-1 because from the reviews I've seen I think it's a headphone I'd like a lot.
The LSA HP2 should be amazing, I have the Gjallahorn JM and the LS HP1 and they are complement each other very well.
Im sure you won't be dissapointed with the LSA HP1

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4,835 of 10,020

Yes.

From time 8'52" of the video above, the text (by Pierre Paya) translated into English is as follows:
"I also compared the Wodan to the Thekk which just after the Hifiman Susvara is still my favorite orthodynamic headphones without any consideration of price; so the technical difference in listening is not as big between the Wodan and the Thekk as it is between the Wodan and the new Odin (2019); but still, the Thekk goes further; it is more refined; it is softer, and at the same time a little more resolving; it low sound (bass) is even cleaner and tighter and especially the presence on voices of all tessituras is enhanced. With the Thekk, listening becomes even more technical."

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #4,836 of 10,020
Perhaps I missed it gleaming the thread but was there a listing displaying what the market and technical differentiators of the new Thror > LSA Diamond?

I have to admit, I feel this entire line is so full of convolution and fragmentation.

Furthermore, whom is the distributor for the US? The LSA Diamond can't be found on Underwood nor Audio46.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #4,837 of 10,020
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #4,838 of 10,020
Apr 30, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #4,840 of 10,020
So that video gives one more vote to the fact that the Thekk is a king... in most areas (among Kennerton "helmets", at least). Now there is a thought that when comparing two headphones, the first headphone is better sound-wise if after EQing it to match the frequency response of the another one the 1st one still has better sound characteristics (speed? soundstage? less distortions and resonanses? ...) It's not so easy to remove subjectivity just by simple listening.

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,841 of 10,020
Thanks. I sent Wally an email asking if he may be able to directly clarify what the technical differences are from the Kennerton-direct Thror, to these LSA-xxx as I feel lost.
  • Wodan exteriour Yes
  • Planar driver they also use in their flagship model Thror NO. It uses a brand new driver that is the best they have ever made. Better than Thror.
  • $1999 Yes
That is what he told me, nothing really to go by

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #4,842 of 10,020
So that video gives one more vote to the fact that the Thekk is a king... in most areas (among Kennerton "helmets", at least). Now there is a thought that when comparing two headphones, the first headphone is better sound-wise if after EQing it to match the frequency response of the another one the 1st one still has better sound characteristics (speed? soundstage? less distortions and resonanses? ...) It's not so easy to remove subjectivity just by simple listening.
Good evening.

It is Pierre Paya's assessment, in this video above, that states this.
Pierre is very experienced and has listened to a lot of headphones, but this is his subjective assessment, which of course may be different from yours (or mine) regarding these three Kennerton headphones (new Odin 2019 versus Wodan 2021 versus Thekk).

We are navigating this forum (and this video) in the midst of subjective equations. Subjectivity assumed.

Pierre's (equation) could be summarized as follows.

Susvara > Thekk (in a small proportion) > to Wodan 2021 (in a small proportion) > New Odin (2019) (in a larger proportion).
But also (still according to Pierre's equations): Thekk > to Thror (in a small proportion).

It remains to solve another equation (from the first ones):
Thror > or = or < to Wodan 2021?
Wodan 2021 = LSA HP Diamond ? (if sharing the same driver?)
Then, LSA HP Diamond > or = or < to Thror ?
Otherwise, LSA HP Diamond > or < to Raal SR-1a?

So many subjective equations to solve tonight. I'm getting a headache; not you? :beyersmile::)

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #4,844 of 10,020
the new vali is equipped with graphene drivers. what may be the difference in terms of sound with the old models.

Hi Jean-Pierre.

Imho, the Vali 2021 (with its electrodynamic driver with graphene membrane) will have a more balanced frequency response (FR) than the old Vali 2019 (and its electrodynamic driver with paper membrane), with notoriously more clarity and brilliance in the frequency range 2 KHz to 10 KHz and with a better balanced midrange, at least if we take as reference curve (recognized) that of the Utopia for these two FR curves.

21050107564623553817397107.jpg

Vali 2019 (pads ECL-01) versus Focal Utopia (FR)

21050107564623553817397108.png

Vali 2021 (prototype) (pads ECL-01) versus Focal Utopia (FR)

In addition, I think that the greater technicality of the "graphene" driver of the Vali 2021 will bring more speed and resolution (in addition to more clarity) compared to the old "paper" driver of the Vali 2019.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back