Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 19, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #1,126 of 10,056
  Андюх, да ты их и не послушал нифига))) Тут нужен фидбек Игоря, чтоб разжечь волну хайпа)))
В офис заглядывай и послушаешь с Флюкса. Думаю ты проникнешься. Сайны твои и рядом не лежали)))
Ну и думаю можно очень осторожно озвучить, что я очень надеюсь уместить розничный ценник в 250 баксов (с разбросом от 200 до 300) и что скорее всего моделька выйдет под Фишером, а не Кеннертоном. Внешний вид будет совершенно другим относительно прототипа. Пока еще нет окончательного решения, что это будет за модель и как мы ее будем производить - массово в Китае, или мелкосерийно в России. Есть только готовый звук и сильное желание сделать портативную закрытую модель, которая задушит всех конкурентов до 500 долларов (или даже выше).
Эх, инвестора бы на нее, можно было бы сделать всё намного интереснее... 

Translation essay (with bing and google translate). Sorry for translation limitations. 

"AndyDiamond, yes you are (not ?) listened to tracks))) I need Igor's feedback here to kindle the wave of the HYIP)))
Go to the office and listen with the FluxLab amp. I think you will be imbued. Your signups and yours are not lying)))
Well, I think you can very gently vocalize, that I really hope to fit the retail price tag in 250 $ (with a spread of 200 to 300 $) and that most likely the model will be released under Fisher, not by Kennerton. The appearance is very different regarding prototype. There is as yet no final decision what kind of model it will be and how we will produce it - massively in China, or small-scale in Russia.There is only a ready sound and a strong desire to make a portable closed model that will strangle all competitors to $ 500 (or even higher).
Oh, an investor would be at her, you  could make everything much more interesting ..."

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #1,127 of 10,056
Brief translation of the above post from Max aka Hardcorist - the developer of Odin:
1. My listen was too short, I will need more listening on a better equipment, then I will realize that my Sine is much worse
2. The price is to be between 200 and 300 usd (around 250), but no news if it will be a Kennerton or a Fisher Audio product when finalized (and if it would be handcrafted in Russia or mass made in China)
3. The sound signature is already on hands, and the guys will do their best to overcome all sub500 usd portable on-ears on the market.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,128 of 10,056
In that price category currently, for woodies, all you have to do is better the Meze 99 (in both sound and design). I know that Meze 99 is $309, but if you can beat that under $300 (or even at $250) it would be awesome. Given track records of woodies under $300 from Fischer Audio, we're talking some real posibility here.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,129 of 10,056
andyDiamond listened this prototype just 2-3 minutes with his smartphone. So he had no a opportunity to estimate a sound properly. I hope he come to our office soon and listen the headphones from Flux Solid One (very impressive device). Then he will write a more fully opinion.

So... We didn't make a final decision about design yet. We don't know how much it will cost. I just have a 3D-printed prototype with finally tuned sound. I will try to do everything possible so that the owners of Odin and Vali can enjoy their favorite sound not only at home, but also on a walk, while doing sports, or going on a trip.

Sorry if my English too bad)))

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,130 of 10,056
  andyDiamond listened this prototype just 2-3 minutes with his smartphone. So he had no a opportunity to estimate a sound properly. I hope he come to our office soon and listen the headphones from Flux Solid One (very impressive device). Then he will write a more fully opinion.

So... We didn't make a final decision about design yet. We don't know how much it will cost. I just have a 3D-printed prototype with finally tuned sound. I will try to do everything possible so that the owners of Odin and Vali can enjoy their favorite sound not only at home, but also on a walk, while doing sports, or going on a trip.

Better than mine. 
wink.gif

Thank you, Max. 
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: as soon as your prototype will be completed, do not hesitate to send one in France to Pierre (Nîmes) for listening with a few amps, not always portable for use nomadic, it is true, but not bad either (as the Viva 845 amp!). 

In France many people listen to the headphones with a DAP, sometimes a DAP of luxury; then, a very good nomadic headphones, closed-back (over-hear sealed), relatively lightweight, having the FischerAudio / Kennerton label and the Kennerton sound should have his audience (like walking to go to work or by subway in Paris or walk on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice (france)), especially at the price announced (less than 300 Dollars ?).

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,131 of 10,056

I'm sold. When can I pre-order one? :)

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #1,134 of 10,056
I understand Ithilienrp, Kennerton is the most addictive headphone sound i've never heard before.
Since Eric has posted his gorgeous pic, i dream about Zebrano...would i sell my other cans for it ??? Eric you are my favorite devil :DD

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,135 of 10,056
Hi all.

A little reading (or rereading):

LCD4 Vs Utopia (by Bob Katz and five collaborators)
http://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...eze-lcd-4-vs-focal-utopia#BRvWUaKJyCY4pTsS.97
http://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...eze-lcd-4-vs-focal-utopia#rLeMecHPH1GOCfEf.97

Odin Vs LCD4 / Utopia / HE-1000 V2 / HE-6 / HD-800 (by earfonia)
http://www.head-fi.org/products/kennerton-odin/reviews/17108

For ears sensitive to the treble, the Audeze LCD4 and the Kennerton Odin headphones, two heavy ortho-dynamics headphones, seem particularly well indicated; One (the first) is perhaps more technical (better) than the other (the second); But the other is also cheaper (1.500 dollars USD less) and especially much easier to amplify than the first (in particular in comparison with the LCD4 200 Ohms); a 5-10 times less powerful amplifier is enough ; not to mention the price of a 5-10 times more powerful amplifier in class A! (For example, the Viva 845 amp is more suitable for the LCD4 (200 ohms); The Viva 2A3 amp is perfect for the Odin).

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,138 of 10,056
  That review by earfonia is probably my fave ever. At least my favourite review I've seen here on Head-Fi.

He is an outstanding reviewer; Everything is presented with order, accuracy, detail, pedagogy, without bias.
His ear sensitivity is in tune with mine.
This is also one of my favourite review I've read on Head-Fi.
Remarkable!

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,139 of 10,056
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,140 of 10,056
In addition to the Bog Oak Odin, with it I also ordered Kennerton upgrade cable (this one: http://audioclub.pro/shop/kennerton-custom-cables-6-3-мм-2-mini-xlr/ , but not through the website, I PM Kennerton here).

However, my dealer didn't know that it was mine ... so I didn't get it when I got my headphones, and I'd been so busy that I had no time to pick it up until yesterday.

The external construction is quite a bit different from the pictures in the page though. The cable comes almost all black-design, color-coded side indicator, with somewhat less-cool Y-splitter. It sounds stellar for the Odin nonetheless.

Man, I would really recommend it. It make the superb sound of the Odin superbly superb :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back