Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 16, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #9,106 of 10,035
Good choice on Scriabin! His theory of colours was ahead of his time. đź‘Ť
I think that Bach changed the way we listen and understand music...

The only composer who did the same after him is Scriabin... With him we dont listen melody, but vertical harmony , the abyss between chords... And unlike Schoenberg mathematical or mechanical syntax of atonality system , Scriabin created by spontaneous creative craftmanship a frontier between tonality and atonality, so deep than when listened we are transformed... Schoenberg as Nietszche were surpassed by their Russian counterparts...Scriabin and Dostoievski surpassed them for the same reason , you cannot go to the great unknown by throwing off the past but by transforming it......

In headphone design it is a good idea not to throw the past but improving on it too... This is why i dream about an hybrid by Kennerton...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #9,108 of 10,035
Did you make it to Schnittke?
I like all Russian composers without exception... :)

All Russian writers, without exception... I just discovered Roslavets by Hamelin...

I think i like anything Russian...Not because it is Russian but because it has a soul...

My favorite movie is " the island"...Stunning in a way words cannot convey...

I never listen to any pianist surpassing some Russian pianists as Yudina or Sofronitsky or Neuhaus etc ... The only exception being the Hungarian Ervin Nyiregyhasi who played as them and as deep throwing away his career pianist in a Gogolian or Dostoievskian gesture and beginning a new career at 70 years old, after 40 years of silence, to save his 10Th wife from cancer ... Is it not Russian ?

They forgot if they play well or not, only the music meanings matter for them... Hamelin is a genius pianist for example but way under them, he know very well that he play well and cannot forgot it at the risk to be imperfect ... But his Roslavets is more than good as anything he played... I remember the first minute i undertood that Russian way of being 40 years ago... With Scriabin played by Sofronitsky... Only a few chords was enough to die... As said a famous french poet " imperfection is the peak"...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #9,110 of 10,035
I think you are entering a dangerous zone here.
I dont do politics ... I am interested only by music, headphones and culture....
My posts dont spoke about anything else then why saying that ?

Is it a free forum? Russian pianist school is if not the greatest is nothing... I am free to claim that....

My headphone are good only if they make piano sound good... This is my description of piano sound from my headphone...

Each chord if your headphone is top notch and if your audio system is up to the task, each chord will be as a dancer moving in his space volume gesturing with his arms and legs , each chord must be perceived as a dynamic gesture extending in a 3-dimensional VOLUME .... But if your system is not up to the task, at best you will perceive very clearly, if your components are minimally good one , you will perceive each successive chord as a relatively clear or least clear mere line on a surface, nothing else.... If your system is able to convey the timbre with all his transients and the timbre envelope in a rightful way tough you will SEE the sound of each chord as a dynamic dance oscillating in a 3-D moving volume and not at all as a line confined and moving on a surface....This is the reason why i spoke about seeing with the eyes open into your room filled by sound and the mind eyes too....

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #9,111 of 10,035
I dont do politics... I am interested only by music, headphones and culture....
My posts dont spoke about anything else then why saying that ?

Is it a free forum? Russian pianist school is if not the greatest is nothing... I am free to claim that....

My headphone are good only if they make piano sound good...
Philosophy is not too far from politics.

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #9,112 of 10,035
Philosophy is not too far from politics.
You are right completely... It is the reason why i dont buy marketing tricks or propaganda...

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #9,113 of 10,035
I did not know that you need to make excuses if you love something Russian. What's next? Special patches with stars on clothes? :)

Apr 16, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #9,114 of 10,035
I did not know that you need to make excuses if you love something Russian. What's next? Special patches with stars on clothes? :)
Where did i make excuses?

I did not know that you needed no explanation before stirring a pot... Whats next ? Banishment ?

Why stirring the pot here ?

We spoke culture and music and headphone here not politic...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #9,115 of 10,035
it's not me who mentioned the danger zone when someone expressed sympathy for something Russian

Apr 16, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #9,116 of 10,035
Culture and music is not "something Russian" we must condemn ... Political label are idiocy...

I am interested in acoustic especially.... Which headphone will make Scriabin or Hamelin sound the best.... Period...

By the way i dont have mere "sympathy" for Dostoievsky, i love him.... Only idiots hate Dostoievski because he is Russian...

To be clear how do we call someone who will despise the great Mark Twain because he is American ? An idiot...

Now please someone wrote something about Kennerton headphone... I will read it and stay mute...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back