Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #9,076 of 10,033
to understand what you are talking about, you need to have experience in using and information about the applied technologies

The experience of many headphones, I have (more than 15 years of experience with headphones), with a total budget exceeding several tens of thousands of euros for all the high-end headphones bought, and the observation, bitter for some and funny for others, is that there is no correlation between the price of the headphones bought and the sound quality reproduced.

As for the technologies used for these headphones, planar and elctrodynamic, they are old and nothing revolutionary has happened in the last decades, concerning these two technologies.

I would say that with Kennerton, we do not go towards the good direction, with planar membranes increasingly thick (and thus heavy) culminating in 20 micrometers with the Rognir, certainly which can favor the "weight" of the bass (but not always), but not the agility of the membranes. Without counting, a crying defect of tone of these Kennerton headphones, including for the most faithful of them (that I still own, the Thror).

As for the "giant" electrodynamic drivers of more than 72 mm in diameter, well, it will be good for the heaviness of the bass; as for the agility of such a big (and heavy) driver, I ask to see, for example compared to the small 42 mm driver of a mid-range Sennheiser headphone, especially of the last generation.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #9,077 of 10,033
Perhaps it is "senile dementia"....... With this "health" crisis, who knows? But in any thread about headphones, it is also possible and a good thing to remind basics...

But this is a thread about Kennerton not about acoustic.... I will not go further save if someone ask for an answer...

I dont recommend my AKG to most people by the way.... It is a too difficult product to optimize for beginners...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #9,078 of 10,033
The experience of many headphones, I have (more than 15 years of experience with headphones), with a total budget exceeding several tens of thousands of euros for all the high-end headphones bought, and the observation, bitter for some and funny for others, is that there is no correlation between the price of the headphones bought and the sound quality reproduced.

As for the technologies used for its headphones, planar and elctrodynamic, they are old and nothing revolutionary has happened in the last decades, concerning these two technologies.
It is my experience too....It is the reason i bought my AKG which demonstrate two new technologies at the times, always new today, and i tried to optimize it and it was difficult to do because this K340 is very hard to set right.... Then i dont recommend it to most people....

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #9,079 of 10,033
guys get yourself an apartment

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #9,080 of 10,033
:)

I own a house but i had sold it for a smaller one... Too old for a big one now, then no acoustic dedicated speakers/ room Alas! .... Then i had been in the obligation to pick headphone listening and i learned the hard way about most headphones design limits.... Happily after few years of experimenting with ONE i succeed... All my other 3 types of singular driver headphone are in a closet....I settle for a true hibryd with a set of tuned resonators inside the shell ....

I apologize for my remarks about acoustic if it disturb the flow here... Back to Kennerton theme....

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #9,081 of 10,033
no no, I meant to rent an apartment with eric in order to tell each other in an intimate atmosphere about the experience, acoustics, distortions, show graphs to each other and so on

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #9,082 of 10,033
no no, I meant to rent an apartment with eric in order to tell each other in an intimate atmosphere about the experience, acoustics, distortions, show graphs to each other and so on
Read my last post....

And i dont take graph response for more than it is, a necessary tool for designer .... My ears tell me the story better... Acoustic is not only equations but also brain/body integrated applied experience by experiments and not only by purchase experience ...

Back to Kennerton now....

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #9,083 of 10,033

As for the technologies used for these headphones, planar and elctrodynamic, they are old and nothing revolutionary has happened in the last decades, concerning these two technologies.

I would say that with Kennerton, we do not go towards the good direction, with planar membranes increasingly thick (and thus heavy) culminating in 20 micrometers with the Rognir, certainly which can favor the "weight" of the bass (but not always), but not the agility of the membranes. Without counting, a crying defect of tone of these Kennerton headphones, including for the most faithful of them (that I still own, the Thror).

As for the "giant" electrodynamic drivers of more than 72 mm in diameter, well, it will be good for the heaviness of the bass; as for the agility of such a big (and heavy) driver, I ask to see, for example compared to the small 42 mm driver of a mid-range Sennheiser headphone, especially of the last generation.
15 years of experience with headphones and 2 years ago you were raving about Kennerton products being the nº1 fanboy, until you got mad because Kennerton didn't want to sell you a Rognir without going to your local retailer. (That's a bad thing but it isn't related to the sound of their headphones)...

Anyways, it looks like you learned way more in 2 years than in you whole journey.
The thing is that all extremes are bad, specially when you are hating.
At least you were helpful to the community when you shared your blind love for the brand...

Now seriously, you need to reach a middleground and stop acting like an angry kid. Criticism is always good, but not when it's based on hate.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #9,084 of 10,033
wow; very impressive, new Kennerton (dynamic) headphones coming soon, not colorful, but ultra-colorful for sound, with massive bass and a thick, full-bodied, poignant sound...

I've listened to such a headphones before, with my son's Razer Kraken Pro V2 headphones (a closed-back headphones).

23041512302923553818159283.jpg

Will the new Kennerton headphones for "metalheads" do better?
The alternate text of this 'rant' reads: "I felt I was mistreated by a company so here is a graph of a completely different headphone from a completely different company to help me make a point".

Apr 15, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #9,085 of 10,033
Graph means little to assess choices between many headphones.... They reflect more design standard than main arguments to decide about headphones, save the appearance of evident manifest flaws... In my opinion for sure, i am not an headphone designer...

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #9,087 of 10,033
Oooh, a massive sounding open back flagship dynamic? To quote the Godfather, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

I'd love to try these when they come out - will there be plans for a closed back or even like a semi-open (like the Fostex TH900) version of it too?

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #9,088 of 10,033
Why not an hibryd? I look for an alternative.... A real one....

How many dynamic on the market?

How many orthos ?

How many hibryd? Almost none save mine... :)

Why? Too costlier? Too complex to manage as design in short amount of time ?

One thing is sure, an hibryd has not the problem of bass limitations being dynamic and not the problem of highs limitations being also an electret... I would like a "contemporary refined version of the drivers " inspired by the K340.... If my post go to the right pair of ears with Kennerton... I dont doubt that they will do a real good job...

If Kennerton put an hibryd on the market i will be more than interested....One thing is sure their material design seems to be of the highest quality then it will be something .... I am not interested to new singular dynamic nor new singular orthos... Variations around known melodic fatigued themas....

I am stunned by the quality of this hibryd and the way it is forgotten... Astonishing... Kennerton will kill everything if it goes working inspired by this olds and always revolutionary design... I may hope and dream...
:)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #9,090 of 10,033
All full size hybrids have been a total failure. You talk about it as it was an easy to do that on a IEM...
You can try at home :wink:
Not the AKG K340....

All my 9 headphones are trash or unnatural sound anyway compared to it, they lay in my closet now... Even my 2 Stax... And i dont confuse acoustic experience with my "taste" by the way...

And i prefer headphone to IEM.... And i had no idea how IEM hibrid sound....

i presume you tried them all, using the word "all", or your speak from what experience?

One thing is sure, hibryd are not a piece of cake to design and need acoustic deep research to sound right.... When they did, you can say goodbye to most singular drivers in empty cups nevermind their price.... I know it firsthand.... Not by reading reviews... I listen music not headphones...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back