Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 25, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #8,116 of 10,035
I've had the LSA HP-2 on my radar for a while, but just now became aware of the HP-3, as well. What are the differences/how do they compare?

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #8,120 of 10,035
Hello,
I'm kinda newish here ( I made the account a long time ago but never talked or anything). I bought the HP Diamonds and they're awesome. I learned to REALLY enjoy them with Hybrid amps. I am curious as to what other people like with them? I was specially looking for a tube amp but I'm up for whichever

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #8,121 of 10,035
Hello,
I'm kinda newish here ( I made the account a long time ago but never talked or anything). I bought the HP Diamonds and they're awesome. I learned to REALLY enjoy them with Hybrid amps. I am curious as to what other people like with them? I was specially looking for a tube amp but I'm up for whichever
I really like the HP-Dimond on the Bottlehead Mainline. The main problem with the Mainline is that you have to build it yourself. The second best option would be Tor Audio TORBALANCED.

Jul 26, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #8,122 of 10,035
Right now since Euro to USD is nearly 1 you can get the Rognir and Thror for about $3300. Which is nearly $1000 dollars off. Also works for all there other headphones. Since The euro went from 1.15 to 1.01 it is basically like all there products are 15% off.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #8,124 of 10,035
The Rognir is even more on sale today only. With the code you get from the win section of kennerton you can get one of the 3 Rognir Planar listed there for $2850. It used to be $4200. That is almost $1400 off. I doubt you will be able to even find a used one for that price.
https://kennerton.org/win-discount/
That's amazing! Now all I have to do is actually get the money :sweat_smile:

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #8,125 of 10,035
The Rognir is even more on sale today only. With the code you get from the win section of kennerton you can get one of the 3 Rognir Planar listed there for $2850. It used to be $4200. That is almost $1400 off. I doubt you will be able to even find a used one for that price.
https://kennerton.org/win-discount/
got the code, I wonder about shipping with what is going on! €95 vs €300 for DHL

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #8,127 of 10,035
That's amazing! Now all I have to do is actually get the money :sweat_smile:
I do highly recommend them. They are the best closed backs I have ever heard. If I could afford to get another pair I would. Especially since I have the Bass tunned version. Would love to try the standard tune version.

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #8,128 of 10,035
I do highly recommend them. They are the best closed backs I have ever heard. If I could afford to get another pair I would. Especially since I have the Bass tunned version. Would love to try the standard tune version.

Agreed, it's definitely one of the best closed backs out there. As soon as I heard the Rognir, I pretty much put my VC's on sale. And with @John Massaria 's mods, it elevates the Rognir Planar even further.

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #8,129 of 10,035
Agreed, it's definitely one of the best closed backs out there. As soon as I heard the Rognir, I pretty much put my VC's on sale. And with @John Massaria 's mods, it elevates the Rognir Planar even further.
In what ways do you like the Rognir better than the VC?

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #8,130 of 10,035
I kept both the Rögnir (bass tuned modded by JM) and the VC. I think they are different enough and complement each other to warrant keeping both but no disagreement that the Rögnir wins the closed back duel on the technical performance front. But the VC paired with a Schiit Folkvangr is a thing of beauty. That said, someone please buy my Wodans before my wife notices how many headphones I own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back