Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 19, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #8,101 of 10,035
I agree. Detailed and maybe very slightly recessed but I wouldn't call the modded Vali dark by any means and there is good sparkle up top w/o getting harsh like for example an Arya pre-Stealth. The biggest thing is that the better bass control lets the mids and the treble breathe more so they are more recognizable in the mix.
Agreed

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #8,105 of 10,035
Regarding burn-in. Which volume should I use and what to choose from white noise, pink noise or sinus tone?
I typically just let my music play on random at a slightly higher volume than I normally listen at. Kennerton does 300 hours of Burn in before they send out their headphones. So burning in probably wont change the sound much.

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #8,106 of 10,035
For me personally, I like to hear how the sound changes over time so I usually don't burn in my equipment, but that is probably not the norm. I know that on speaker-based systems most people use pink noise at normal listening levels. There are various burn-in CDs and other media so there is probably some type of burn-in recording on YouTube or other website.

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #8,109 of 10,035
Which one out of the Kennerton dynamic headphones has the most massive bass slam?
If you want the most bass, the GH50 JM should fit the bill. It's the only pair of headphones I have ever listened to that is too bassy for me~

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #8,112 of 10,035
I mean not only bass quantity but also punch, slam, hit.
I would also say the GH50 JM has the most slam, and punch of the Kennerton headphones I have tried. You can rule out any of the open backs since you want good punch, and the only closed back I have not listened to is the Rognir Planar (but I hear it's supposed to be slightly bright sounding, so you can rule that one out too). Neither the GH40 nor the Rognir Dynamic have nearly that large amount of slam either compared to the GH50 JM.

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #8,113 of 10,035
I mean not only bass quantity but also punch, slam, hit.
The 2 most bass heavy headphones would be the Vali Neoteric and the Gjallarhorn GH50 JM MK2. Right now you can get the Vali for $170 off with the win code. So it would probably be the best option. It has the most bass slam.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #8,114 of 10,035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back