Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #5,956 of 10,023
Anyone in London has Rögnir and wants to compare notes with a VC Ironwood?

Another mystery open back HP might also be invited to the party depending on time.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #5,957 of 10,023
Anybody know what happened to the US tour Kennerton Rognir thread? It went poof…

My mistake, I didn't aware that Kennerton is a non-sponsor MOT, I cannot start a tour or special event for non-sponsor members. Since the tour has started and the headphone has send to the reviewers, so the tour will continue, I can just sit back and wait for the reviews to come out at HeadGear.

I have written an article to explain Rognir driver design, not sure if I should post that here. I'll consult Kennerton and HeadFi forum before I proceed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 9, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #5,958 of 10,023
My mistake, I didn't aware that Kennerton is a non-sponsor MOT, I cannot start a tour or special event for non-sponsor members. Since the tour has started and the headphone has send to the reviewers, so the tour will continue, I can just sit back and wait for the reviews to come out at HeadGear.

I have written an article to explain Rognir driver design, not sure if I should post that here. I'll consult Kennerton and HeadFi forum before I proceed.
Post the link to the HeadGear thread unless by Head-Fi's draconian manner you aren't allowed to.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #5,959 of 10,023
Will gladly keep you posted. The Rögnir sounds excellent with both the Cayin C9 and the MZ2, so I have high expectations for the MZ3. You're right that the tube element adds a little weight to the lower mids, which is welcome. The only critical question now is how the Stealth will compete (though I can't see myself trading in my Rögnir's for them no matter what).

Keep me posted on your "friend's" Rögnir decision, too!
My.. uhm.. friend is seriously considering a purchase of a silky walnut Rögnir. He visits the Kennerton website religiously, trying to convince himself that he does not need a new pair of headphones. :eyes:

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #5,960 of 10,023
My.. uhm.. friend is seriously considering a purchase of a silky walnut Rögnir. He visits the Kennerton website religiously, trying to convince himself that he does not need a new pair of headphones. :eyes:
a picture can help your "friend"

Would he rather have this
1631191688416.png

or this:

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #5,961 of 10,023

Nobody, including your “friend”, needs a Rognir, the best closed back I’ve ever purchased that easily exceeds Stellia and 9200. It’s just a masterpiece of audio equipment that your friend relentlessly desires. YOLO.

Hope this help. :)

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #5,962 of 10,023
As for the Rognir, I will repeat a question from a while back: “Will the regret of not buying exceed the regret of buying?”…

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #5,964 of 10,023
But that presupposes that you would actually regret buying it, which is far from obvious. :)
It does not. The regret of buying could (would) be nil, in which case the regret of not buying could (would) certainly be the greater of the two…

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #5,966 of 10,023
a picture can help your "friend"

Would he rather have this
1631191688416.png

or this:
My friendly certainly loves this design. He says it's one of the prettiest he's ever seen on the market. :wink:

Nobody, including your “friend”, needs a Rognir, the best closed back I’ve ever purchased that easily exceeds Stellia and 9200. It’s just a masterpiece of audio equipment that your friend relentlessly desires. YOLO.

Hope this help. :)
My friend, nice to see you around! I'm glad that you're enjoying the Rögnir in your cosy listening cum working station. :)

YOLO indeed. Especially for the wallet! :joy:

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #5,969 of 10,023
After 6 months of me contemplating ordering and selecting a color and finally ordering- - about a week ago I was told my pair would ship from Saint Petersburg- and in less than 6 days it arrived today - how the heck I have I have no idea- it made it's way from Kennerton St Pet - The Russian Federation to Koeln, Germany then New Jersey USA then NY USA then finally to my house at 9-10-21 6:45pm EST - My custom Rognir I just ordered last week is finally here - from my kung fu grip you will not pry them from me - WHY did I wait so long to buy these! LOVE is a word reserved for the way I feel here... 100% satisfied and almost ashamed I didn't pull the trigger (heh heh see the meme) sooner

12.jpg
rognir3.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,970 of 10,023
As for the Rognir, I will repeat a question from a while back: “Will the regret of not buying exceed the regret of buying?”…
Yes. Rognir is not a regretful experience at all even after departure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back