Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 21, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #4,471 of 10,026
A “reprise” of an earlier post. Quiet Sunday morning filled with “woosic” (😖) through the Gjallarhorn JM. In my experience, the WA6 is the best h/p/a for my favourite h/p. When the very good new production TungSol 6SN7s are switched out for NOS red base RCA 5692s, the performance goes from stratospheric to ionospheric - and the GH captures every bit of the improvement! I am still in disbelief over the price of the GH: a veritable high-end bargain, a veritable bargain, full stop.
That's a WA3 and WA6 right?

Feb 21, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #4,472 of 10,026
Feb 22, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #4,473 of 10,026
One of the things I have noticed with Kennerton Gjallarhorn is that the low end doesn't sound like it is coming from the driver. Many times I have mistaken the rumbling and growling coming from an oil/septic truck outside my house but it was from the music. My LSA HP-2 will squeeze your head like a vacuum and make you think there is a subwoofer in the room with you on some songs, that is how good the bass is.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #4,474 of 10,026
I agree when I used them the bass is tight yet sometimes outer head like- I always catch my self looking around looking to see if my sub woofer is off

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #4,475 of 10,026
Here's my new Wodan :)

DSC_2702.JPG

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #4,476 of 10,026
Yesterday, when I was reading your review , there was one thing that surprised me. You said that your GH 50 has 003 S/N (if I read properly that, remember that I'm spanish). It's curious for me, because if I'm not wrong, you bought the GH 50 in the 22 % november Kennerton discount. Do you have 2 Kennerton GH 50?
Yeah, I was surprised when I found out about this, too. It appears that, at that point in time, I was the 3rd official owner of a Gjallarhorn.

I only have the 1 unit. Here's a photo of my warranty card -

20210211_215752.jpg

Interesting, eh? This headphone definitely needs to be on more people's heads!

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #4,477 of 10,026
Hi to all.

Latest news (found on a Russian forum) about Kennerton productions.

. Rögnir closed-back flagship planar headphones with good acoustics and low weight.
at the level of Thekk. (very soon but not very stable (??)). (3)
(3) note: production of Rögnir delayed due to slow production of the new carbon driver (with its new membrane).
Does that mean that the Rögnir is not yet ready for prime-time production? I'm not rushing things, though - I'd rather Kennerton spend their time perfecting their (soon-to-be) closed-back flagship.

I'm hoping for the best from this headphone. :)

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #4,478 of 10,026
Does that mean that the Rögnir is not yet ready for prime-time production? I'm not rushing things, though - I'd rather Kennerton spend their time perfecting their (soon-to-be) closed-back flagship.

I'm hoping for the best from this headphone. :)

I assure you that you won't be disappointed :wink:
I've auditioned the one recently. It's the best closed-back planar headphone that I've ever heard...

DSC_2601.JPG

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #4,479 of 10,026
I assure you that you won't be disappointed :wink:
I've auditioned the one recently. It's the best closed-back planar headphone that I've ever heard...

DSC_2601.JPG
I don't think I will. :wink:

The only thing that I'd change about the Rögnir, looks-wise, is its headband assembly. Whilst its current incarnation is (very) comfortable, as evidenced by my enjoyment of the Gjallarhorn, I feel that the one that's used on the Thror looks a lot more classy and prestigious.

1614006832941.png

There are some owners who have mentioned that they aren't very comfortable, though. Still, they look really pretty, and befitting of the "flagship" status of the Rögnir.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #4,480 of 10,026
I quite understand what you mean... Even though the previous version of headband like ones for Thror and Odin looks awesome, it is weightier than actual one.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #4,481 of 10,026
Yeah, I was surprised when I found out about this, too. It appears that, at that point in time, I was the 3rd official owner of a Gjallarhorn.

I only have the 1 unit. Here's a photo of my warranty card -

20210211_215752.jpg

Interesting, eh? This headphone definitely needs to be on more people's heads!
I just checked and mine is 002. I am wondering who is 001

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #4,482 of 10,026
I quite understand what you mean... Even though the previous version headband like ones for Thror and Odin looks awesome, it is weightier than actual one.
Yeah, looks and aesthetics are really important factors.. for the first 10 minutes of owning a new headphone. After that, comfort (and sound) take precedence over everything else. If a headphone isn't as comfortable as it should be, no amount of external bling is going to improve it from a usability perspective.

With that being said, the headband that's used on the Thror is very pretty. If they could adopt a similar design, with a lighter frame, perhaps, that might do the trick?

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #4,483 of 10,026
I just checked and mine is 002. I am wondering who is 001
Probably @John Massaria? If I'm not mistaken, he was already performing modifications to his custom "JM" edition unit long before I purchased my Gjallarhorn.

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #4,484 of 10,026
Yeah, looks and aesthetics are really important factors.. for the first 10 minutes of owning a new headphone. After that, comfort (and sound) take precedence over everything else. If a headphone isn't as comfortable as it should be, no amount of external bling is going to improve it from a usability perspective.

With that being said, the headband that's used on the Thror is very pretty. If they could adopt a similar design, with a lighter frame, perhaps, that might do the trick?

Never thought of this, but that sounds good. Maybe with a leather sleeve wrapping around those metal bands would be nice. Might try out that idea with the Magni.

If Kennerton could improve the look and feel of the newer headband, make it more 'vintage/premium' look & feel, while retaining the auto-adjusting mechanism somehow, that would be a home-run, IMHO.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #4,485 of 10,026

As far as I know, Kennerton are in process of prototyping new headbands. However, I haven't seen them and dunno if any of them will be released in the nearest future. Anyway, one of Rögnir's advantages is its extremely low weight comparing to Audeze and Mr.Speakers flagship solutions and this advantage becomes essential during the usage.

For example, my Wodan V2 is 80 grams lighter than original one and this aspect is almost sacrosanct for me :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back