Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 18, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4,456 of 10,026
Very excited to hear these at Audio46; been hoping to have a chance to demo something from the Kennerton stable, and now have the chance.

Keep us posted on their arrival!

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #4,457 of 10,026
Hi all, I've posted my review of the Gjallarhorn GH50 on Headfonia.

Do check it out! Thanks! :)

Let me know if you have any comments.

That was a well-done, refreshingly honest review. I liked how you clearly state your preferences (bassy headphones with bassy music) and how the Gjallarhorn fits in with those preferences. It gives a very good picture of what they're like.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #4,458 of 10,026
Very excited to hear these at Audio46; been hoping to have a chance to demo something from the Kennerton stable, and now have the chance.

Keep us posted on their arrival!
Maybe we can all meet up there and have small meet and greet.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #4,459 of 10,026
Maybe we can all meet up there and have small meet and greet.

Not a bad idea at all! There's quite a few NYC-area folks who I think would be interested in it. The Kennerton headphones landing at the shop would be a great time to do it.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #4,460 of 10,026
I think that's a great idea! socially its healthy to hear what others think more than pen and paper so to speak as well... something about being there in person to all say a simple hello- here's what I think.... you know what I am saying?

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #4,461 of 10,026
So... my dream comes true... You are a new Headfonia reviewer. Congratulations for that :smile: :beerchug: You really deserve it due to the quality of your reviews and headphone comparisons.
That was a well-done, refreshingly honest review. I liked how you clearly state your preferences (bassy headphones with bassy music) and how the Gjallarhorn fits in with those preferences. It gives a very good picture of what they're like.
Thanks for the kind words, my friends. :)

@Joaquin Dinero Yeah, to be honest, and this is not meant as a critique on a fellow reviewer, but I find it difficult to appreciate or comprehend a certain point-of-view if the music that we listen to is fundamentally different, or poles apart (e.g. Rap and Jazz or EDM and Classical). I find it (much) easier to relate to someone who enjoys the same types or genres of music that I do.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #4,462 of 10,026
Thanks for the kind words, my friends. :)

@Joaquin Dinero Yeah, to be honest, and this is not meant as a critique on a fellow reviewer, but I find it difficult to appreciate or comprehend a certain point-of-view if the music that we listen to is fundamentally different, or poles apart (e.g. Rap and Jazz or EDM and Classical). I find it (much) easier to relate to someone who enjoys the same types or genres of music that I do.
Yesterday, when I was reading your review , there was one thing that surprised me. You said that your GH 50 has 003 S/N (if I read properly that, remember that I'm spanish). It's curious for me, because if I'm not wrong, you bought the GH 50 in the 22 % november Kennerton discount. Do you have 2 Kennerton GH 50?

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #4,463 of 10,026
WOW looks like this thing is going through! they did a great job with on line order descriptions and pics... right now they takin pre orders at Audio46 for Kennerton
https://audio46.com/collections/kennerton
aUntitled.png

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #4,464 of 10,026
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #4,465 of 10,026
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #4,466 of 10,026
yea well... somethings are worth a little extra
Agreed.

Well at least its the same price for the JM Edition.

Might there be a JM discount?

I may need to wait for Uncle Sam to help out with this.

42rcln.jpg

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #4,467 of 10,026
Agreed.

Well at least its the same price for the JM Edition.

Might there be a JM discount?

I may need to wait for Uncle Sam to help out with this.

I think if you ask Audio46 as an intro price he may discount but no certainty as they only just made first batch order so i expect demand to be high- I am excited to see this work for both America and Russia to illustrate that politics propaganda nonsense and the love for sound have zero to do with each other- they stand on their own as being very unique me thinks - i do like ur pix lol... I am not taking commisions at all but I should mentioned I may get a free headphone for putting the deal together- thats all I always do this for the love of music and our hobby... maybe one day I will have a more formal roll in putting future deals like this together - for the time being enjoy the music!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #4,468 of 10,026
Hi to all.

Latest news (found on a Russian forum) about Kennerton productions.

Original text : "
Снова привет всем
Давно ничего не писал из за производственного ада что творится у нас сейчас
Итак анонсы на ближайшее время:
Vali mk3 - новый драйвер ,относительно ровная АЧХ, низкие искажения,
Малый вес и высокий комфорт.
Обновленный Wodan легче,лучше,стабильнее и по той же цене.
Rognir закрытые флагманские планарные наушники с хорошей шумкой и низким весом
на уровне thekk. (очень скоро но не очень стабильно)
Планарные iem с крайне высоким потенциалом на end game систему для улицы
опять же coming soon.

И это только часть новинок!
Зима вышла одновременно адовой и крайне продуктивной.
Мы смогли сделать много банально невозможных для ранних нас вещей за краткий срок.
Да и родной рынок оказался вполне лояльным к нам (что впрочем не удивительно на фоне BT говна когда все и так сидят дома)
Многие экспериментальные проекты обрели вторую жизнь в это время и даже если
они не будут востребованы в будущем они значительно помогли основным проектам.

В ближайшее время не стоит пугаться необычным проектам на нашем базисе
мы просто примеряем наши наработки в сфере для других проектов в качестве экспериментов

и практики в тех отраслях где мы сможем оказать пользу. "

and after summary translation

" Hello again, everyone.
I have not written anything for a long time because of the production hell that is going on now
So announcements for the near future:
. Vali mk3 - new driver, relatively flat frequency response, low distortion,
Low weight and high comfort. (1)
(1) note: alias new Vali 2020 late; apparently using the same graphene driver from the Magni / Gjallarhorn, but without the horn.
. The updated Wodan is lighter, better, more stable and for the same price.(2)
(2) note : use of an aluminum driver frame (lighter) instead of the steel frame of the Odin mk3 (and old Wodan).
. Rögnir closed-back flagship planar headphones with good acoustics and low weight.
at the level of Thekk. (very soon but not very stable (??)). (3)
(3) note: production of Rögnir delayed due to slow production of the new carbon driver (with its new membrane).
. Planar iem with extremely high potential for an end game system for the street
Again coming soon. (4)
(4) note: production of the new planar high end iem delayed.

And this is only part of the novelties!
Winter was both hellish and extremely productive.
We managed to do a lot of really impossible things for the early us in a short period of time.
The home market was also quite loyal to us (which is not surprising at all, considering the BT crap, when everybody was sitting at home anyway).
Many experimental projects have found a second life at this time and even if
they will not be in demand in the future they greatly helped the main projects.

In the near future, do not be intimidated by unusual projects on our basis
we're just trying out our groundwork in the field for other projects as experiments
and practice in industries where we can be of use. "

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4,469 of 10,026
A “reprise” of an earlier post. Quiet Sunday morning filled with “woosic” (😖) through the Gjallarhorn JM. In my experience, the WA6 is the best h/p/a for my favourite h/p. When the very good new production TungSol 6SN7s are switched out for NOS red base RCA 5692s, the performance goes from stratospheric to ionospheric - and the GH captures every bit of the improvement! I am still in disbelief over the price of the GH: a veritable high-end bargain, a veritable bargain, full stop.C997AD9F-3419-4008-A1D6-9D52D31C5299.jpeg

Feb 21, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #4,470 of 10,026
A “reprise” of an earlier post. Quiet Sunday morning filled with “woosic” (😖) through the Gjallarhorn JM. In my experience, the WA6 is the best h/p/a for my favourite h/p. When the very good new production TungSol 6SN7s are switched out for NOS red base RCA 5692s, the performance goes from stratospheric to ionospheric - and the GH captures every bit of the improvement! I am still in disbelief over the price of the GH: a veritable high-end bargain, a veritable bargain, full stop.
wholly cow! now I have seriously been considering investing in the Woo amp and that DAC (too gorgeous) who would have ever thought the GH50 JM would be so chameleon like to keep up and please the highest of high praise-

Attachments

• atmosphere.gif
    atmosphere.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back