Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #4,217 of 10,023
I sent an email to Kennerton Audio and they will not reply back. Anyone else have a problem with them not responding?
Hey mate,

It's the holiday season. Try next week. It's been mentioned before that they are short staffed at the moment.

Cheers

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #4,218 of 10,023
Hey mate,

It's the holiday season. Try next week. It's been mentioned before that they are short staffed at the moment.

Cheers

Indeed.

This is the period of official vacations in Russia, until Sunday, January 10, 2021.

https://www.qppstudio.net/publicholidays2021/russia.htm

A well-deserved vacation for the entire Kennerton team, starting with the first of them, Valentin. :)

They will thus regain their energy; energy necessary to bring us the much awaited Kennerton planar closed-back Rögnir headphone.

Note: a little thought about the future Rögnir planar closed-back headphones; the Thekk (an open planar high-end headphones) appeared, following the Thror (the flagship of the brand) initially as the "reference" headphones for professional use in recording studios; it may be, from now on, that as closed-back high-end headphones, the Rögnir will be even better adapted to be a reference headphone for professional use: it seems to have everything for him; the future will tell us more ...

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #4,219 of 10,023
Sorry, out of curiosity, have you tried the HE-R10P?

I'm moderately interested in auditioning the HiFiMan headphone, but it's not something that figures very heavily in my "To Try" list for 2021. The whole debacle featuring its design, and the supposed "homage" has thoroughly dampened my interest. Still, if it sounds good, it sounds good, am I right? :)

On the other hand, I'm a lot more stoked for the dynamic version of the HE-R10.
Unfortunately I couldn't try it so far.

I "volunteered" in the loaner tour thread, so maybe in the future. The sound reviews were positive so far, but that headband and one sided cable just makes it look and feel cheap. Not worthy of a flagship, especially at this price point.

Therefore even if it sounds excellent, it is not at the top of my list. There are headphones like the T+A Solitaire P and Audeze LCD-4 still coming first.
Or the Kennerton Rögnir, depending on sound impressions.

Hi you two.

Not all reviews of the Hifiman HE-R10 Planar are positive.

I found one where the reviewer of this closed-back planar headphone seems a bit disappointed :
link: https://forum.headphones.com/t/hifiman-he-r10-planar-official-thread/9700

THD (at 88 dB SPL): 1.24% (chanel 1); fairly strong divergence of the headphone FR from the Harman curved target between 2 and 8 KHz.

As already mentioned, the closure of a planar headphone is much more difficult to achieve than that of an electrodynamic headphone.

It is quite a challenge for Kennerton, to take up, for his future high-end closed-back planar headphone, the Rögnir.

So, will Kennerton succeed better than Hifiman in his challenge?

For the price, it seems easy enough not to do worse than Hifiman ...

For the quality of construction, ditto ...

For the weight, that of the Rögnir prototype (less than 400 g) seems very promising.

For the design and the originality of the wooden cups, it's up to each one to make his own idea.

For the sound, it's up to each one to make his own idea.

In short, as long as this Kennerton closed-back planar Rögnir headphone is not yet released in its final version, it seems difficult to say which is the better of the two (compared to the Hifiman HE-R10P).

But it is understandable that Kennerton is taking its time to fine-tune the Rögnir, so that it will be, as announced, the best in its class.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4,221 of 10,023
Hi you two.

Not all reviews of the Hifiman HE-R10 Planar are positive.

I found one where the reviewer of this closed-back planar headphone seems a bit disappointed :
link: https://forum.headphones.com/t/hifiman-he-r10-planar-official-thread/9700

THD (at 88 dB SPL): 1.24% (chanel 1); fairly strong divergence of the headphone FR from the Harman curved target between 2 and 8 KHz.

As already mentioned, the closure of a planar headphone is much more difficult to achieve than that of an electrodynamic headphone.

It is quite a challenge for Kennerton, to take up, for his future high-end closed-back planar headphone, the Rögnir.

So, will Kennerton succeed better than Hifiman in his challenge?

For the price, it seems easy enough not to do worse than Hifiman ...

For the quality of construction, ditto ...

For the weight, that of the Rögnir prototype (less than 400 g) seems very promising.

For the design and the originality of the wooden cups, it's up to each one to make his own idea.

For the sound, it's up to each one to make his own idea.

In short, as long as this Kennerton closed-back planar Rögnir headphone is not yet released in its final version, it seems difficult to say which is the better of the two (compared to the Hifiman HE-R10P).

But it is understandable that Kennerton is taking its time to fine-tune the Rögnir, so that it will be, as announced, the best in its class.
Despite the price and Hifiman's heritage, I actually believe that the Rögnir may be a great candidate for the crown of the top-performing closed-back planar. I, too, have read the reviews of the HE-R10P, and like you've said, not all of them are positive. In any case, reviews are good in helping to shape and mold the general characteristics of a headphone's performance, but nothing beats actual head time. I'm eagerly awaiting the day the twin Hifiman headphones hit the local market; I'll be sure to pay the store(s) a visit then.

In any case, with the impending release of the Rögnir, 2021 is shaping up to be a great year for audio - comparing 2 of the best planar-magnetic headphones together will be a great but fulfilling challenge, I'm sure! :)

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #4,222 of 10,023
I am waiting for the closed-back Kenner’rumble’ 🤼‍♂️ Gjallarhorn vs Rognir - with M&M (Malevolent & Massaria) as odd-round/even-round judges.

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #4,224 of 10,023
US Head-fiers are really feeling the impact on the dollar vs. the Euro from Covid-19 / Brexit / political turmoil. It is bad now and the last I read was expecting to get worse😥.
Here is a graph of the value of USD per EUR: the relationship has been volatile over the past five years and your point is valid. EURO CURRENCY.PNG

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #4,225 of 10,023
US Head-fiers are really feeling the impact on the dollar vs. the Euro from Covid-19 / Brexit / political turmoil. It is bad now and the last I read was expecting to get worse😥.
Yeah, the USD has dropped quite a fair bit against the Singapore Dollar (SGD), too. From a high of 1.45 in March 2020, it has dipped to 1.33 today.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #4,226 of 10,023
I am waiting for the closed-back Kenner’rumble’ 🤼‍♂️ Gjallarhorn vs Rognir - with M&M (Malevolent & Massaria) as odd-round/even-round judges.
I'm ready for the Rögnir - I'm sure we all are! Hopefully, by then, I've sweet talked convinced my wife to allow me get a pair. :wink:

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #4,227 of 10,023
Turmoil in us elections probably has a hand in devalued dollar and ramped up spending for so called relief made fed inflate inflation

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,230 of 10,023
Still no response from Kennerton. I guess they don’t want my business. I’m moving on.
It's still new years period in russia.
Most businesses open after 15th of january again, which would mean next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back