Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 31, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #2,911 of 10,023
Ok forgive my ignorance. I have a Ifi Pro iCAN and it has a wealth of power. Is there a difference in balance versus single end besides more power? the amp has like 5w se and 11w balanced. 5w seems to me to be pleanty for either my Rad-0 or Thridi. I just wondered if it was worthwhile for me to buy extra cables or not just to operate in balance mode if there’s no benefits besides extra power. I just wondered if it was worthwhile for me to buy extra cables or not just to operate in balance mode if there’s no benefit besides extra power. I guess I’d ask you guys do you think I’d benefit from extra power as neither of these headphones seem to be hard to drive but both of them seem to like power?
thx

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #2,912 of 10,023
How's the LSA HP1? Is the timbre natural? How are vocals? Ssss and Fff sounds! How large is the soundstage? Is it open sounding? I’m not a fan of small soundstages like Utopia.

The headphone Guru review kind of gave me the impression that it is euphonic and an enjoyable listen.

I’m on the fence and might purchase one soon:)

Right now I listen with a NB Sr-Lambda and love it. It’s just not portable, or really dynamic...

I was thinking Hifiman Ananda because I didn’t really like the Arya at Canjam that much. I really liked listening with Susvara too!

I'm mostly familiar with the Audeze house sound. The 1's don't have the bass of the Audeze cans but they do have to my ears a more balanced sound signature with a larger soundstage. I think the Headphone Guru review is pretty spot on. You likely wont be disappointed with the soundstage presented by these cans. I find them much more enjoyable to just listen to music compared to the LCD-X and comfort is great. One of the more comfortable headphones I've used and they are efficient enough to be driven off basically anything.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #2,915 of 10,023
They are both breaking in currently as they just got here a few hours ago. These are my first Kennerton headphones so I can't give you a comparison to other models. I will say the HP-1 is audibly technically superior detail/stage/open sounding upon first listen but the HP-2 has this added punch to music that is very addicting. Both of these headphones are more enjoyable and fun to listen to music compared to the LCD-X they replaced.
The hp-2 how's the soundstage? which one would u prefer for rock and metal music ? if you're into that.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #2,917 of 10,023
I wonder if the hp 2 is closer to Odin
Hp-2 are closed back. They would be more like Kennerton Magni I would've thought. Maybe a different tuning?

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #2,918 of 10,023
The hp-2 how's the soundstage? which one would u prefer for rock and metal music ? if you're into that.

The Hp-2 is a closed headphone, if you value a large open soundstage over bass slam your going to want the Hp-1 for sure. However after a few minutes listening to the hp-2 you kinda forget about the soundstage and enjoy that extra kick of the Hp-2. The only other closed headphone I own is the Sony 1000XM3. Comparing those two is simple. The Sony sounds like you threw a wet blanket over the speaker compared to the Hp-2. While the Sony does have more bass output it's not very tight or controlled and the treble is completely lacking. The Hp-2 sounds so much clearer with more controlled bass and balanced sound signature. So my guess is for rock/metal you might prefer the Hp-2 over the 1.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #2,919 of 10,023
My Magni arrived today as a surprise, no sign of it at all.
And it arrived right on the date the original tracking said,
and it showed that it was still in st, petersburg.
I ordered it on 4/14.
The package is pretty simple, paper box inside a plastic bag.
Fortunately, it is still intact when it delivered.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #2,921 of 10,023
i was browsing the kennerton site for headphone after i read the whole read and was curious about the kennerton new closed hp , till i found a photo for the new closed hp for their amp/dac hp stand and was curoiues what hp that was till i found out which one it was when i zoomed the image in lol.i think it is still a prototype i guess
1591478030371.png

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #2,922 of 10,023
This is Kennerton Gjallarhorn

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #2,923 of 10,023
i was browsing the kennerton site for headphone after i read the whole read and was curious about the kennerton new closed hp , till i found a photo for the new closed hp for their amp/dac hp stand and was curoiues what hp that was till i found out which one it was when i zoomed the image in lol.i think it is still a prototype i guess
1591478030371.png
There is a us version called LSA HP-2 for 750

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #2,924 of 10,023
is there any ETA when we can pre order the Kennerton Gjallarhorn ?

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #2,925 of 10,023
is there any ETA when we can pre order the Kennerton Gjallarhorn ?
Not that I'm aware of but it's going to cost over 1k so if you're interested look into the hp-2 it might cost less and be what you're looking for it doesn't look the same cup wise, just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back