KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #976 of 1,358
WHAT.... its sold out.....

now i'm annoyed.... dammm the kefs sounded like a perfect sound signature to me.... ahh i was hesitant cause of the fit and the thin cables (potential failure point, plus possible microphonics)

grr..... ahh well it might not even have been able to ship up to canada (if they do.... please no one say anything cause thats the only thing holding me back from total sadness) 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #977 of 1,358
  WHAT.... its sold out.....

now i'm annoyed.... dammm the kefs sounded like a perfect sound signature to me.... ahh i was hesitant cause of the fit and the thin cables (potential failure point, plus possible microphonics)

grr..... ahh well it might not even have been able to ship up to canada (if they do.... please no one say anything cause thats the only thing holding me back from total sadness) 
biggrin.gif

If you have a costco membership you can order them online from their site. 

http://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?storeId=10302&catalogId=11201&langId=-24&refine=&keyword=kef

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #978 of 1,358

If you have a costco membership you can order them online from their site. 

http://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?storeId=10302&catalogId=11201&langId=-24&refine=&keyword=kef

ooh thank you... but its 99$ not as enticing as $49.99 
tongue.gif

now i'm looking at those m500s now haha =) $199.99 
L3000.gif

gotta start selling some of the stuff here thats collecting dust to fund this endeavour! 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #979 of 1,358
I actually ordered the m500 and should be getting them in today.  Looked like a good deal compared to other mobile cans.  This will be my first HiFi headphones so I'm excited to see what results I get after burning them in.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #981 of 1,358
Hi, guys, I just got my m200 from deals of newegg a couple days ago. Immediately, I found it lacks bass!!! Otherwise, it's great. Great details, great soundstage, and very natural (because of lack bass?!)
But it's said this one is bass giant! Is there fake one of m200?  Anyway, everything else is wonderful, include build quality.
Moreover, on the box, it writes it includes three silicon tips, but mine are all memory tips, and the the extra two tips do not fit the huge eartube!!! But the two memory form is very good, each one with a plastic bag sealed.
I wonder is this the new version???
Thanks!

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #982 of 1,358
Hi, guys, I just got my m200 from deals of newegg a couple days ago. Immediately, I found it lacks bass!!! Otherwise, it's great. Great details, great soundstage, and very natural (because of lack bass?!)
But it's said this one is bass giant! Is there fake one of m200?  Anyway, everything else is wonderful, include build quality.
Moreover, on the box, it writes it includes three silicon tips, but mine are all memory tips, and the the extra two tips do not fit the huge eartube!!! But the two memory form is very good, each one with a plastic bag sealed.
Thanks!
You should try tip rolling, comply tips work well. Also you have to get a good fit , but when you do these gems have fantastic bass IMO.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #983 of 1,358
Thanks!

Did you buy a pre-owned/returned unit?  It should only include 3 sets of silicone tips.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #984 of 1,358
Thanks!

That is opposite of everything I have read about the M200.  Mine should arrive early next week.  I'll let you know if it also is lacking in the bass department.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #985 of 1,358

Did you buy a pre-owned/returned unit?  It should only include 3 sets of silicone tips.

The pair I received about three months ago only had the Comply tips. I think the silicone tips were with an earlier version. The Comply tips are the 500 series and they do fit but it takes some effort.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #987 of 1,358

The pair I received about three months ago only had the Comply tips. I think the silicone tips were with an earlier version. The Comply tips are the 500 series and they do fit but it takes some effort.

Yeah, it only includes comply tips. The smallest one on the earphones and the other two with plastic bag sealed of middle and large size. But they cannot match the tube. :frowning2:
The tube are too thick and the comply are common ones.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #989 of 1,358
That's really a funny earphones. I push hard the tips and finally made it fit into with the middle size one. Yeah, now the bass comes out!
Anyone knows its impedance? I cannot find out on the box? But it's too hard to push! Very power hungery.I never have such a power-hunger IEM! What amplifiers do you use?
Openbox impression. Really great soundstage! Just a little bit smaller than IE80. I still feel the bass is not too much. No way to compare to IE80. Details matches IE80. Seems to me more natural than IE80. But my IE80 is only about 100 hour, far from its final state.
It's a steal price at 50.
darthsmile.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #990 of 1,358
  That's really a funny earphones. I push hard the tips and finally made it fit into with the middle size one. Yeah, now the bass comes out!
Anyone knows its impedance? I cannot find out on the box? But it's too hard to push! Very power hungery.I never have such a power-hunger IEM! What amplifiers do you use?
Openbox impression. Really great soundstage! Just a little bit smaller than IE80. I still feel the bass is not too much. No way to compare to IE80. Details matches IE80. Seems to me more natural than IE80. But my IE80 is only about 100 hour, far from its final state.
It's a steal price at 50.
darthsmile.gif

32 Ohm impedance and 103 dB sensitivity.  The "governor" on the volume - i.e. the compliance with the European noise standards (CENELEC) - might explain things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back