KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,246 of 2,441
Booth NO.54 translated in english: What is worth buying?šŸ¤£

Jan 9, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #1,247 of 2,441
I'm having a somewhat troubling issue with my Starsea. I can't wear them for long without developing a skin irritation, and then a mild rash in my ear. I don't know if it is an allergy I don't know of, but I've not had it happen with any of my other IEMs. Happens with both included foam and silicone tips.

For material reference, I'll list all my other current IEMs that don't cause issues.

MDR-EX1000
Xelento
BGVP DMG
LZ A5
Cayin YB04 (what I am using now in place of the Starea)
KZ ZST Pro
**** MT300
Etymotic ER4SR/XR

Any ideas?
Where specifically on your ear are you developing the rash? External ear or in the ear canal itself? Have you used an alcohol wipe to gently wipe down the outsides of both IEMs? Have you tried using ear tips from your other IEMs?

ABAC267C-409D-4C95-8ABD-C26D14A24973.jpeg

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,251 of 2,441

Hey Wendy, do you have a direct link to purchase the white silicon with the red stem eartips? I'd like to have some backups, thanks!

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #1,253 of 2,441
Jan 12, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,254 of 2,441
If you want to improve the bass and lift the whole quality, then try this.
If your iem cable has no mic, you can try this one with mic.
If you want a buget balanced cable, then try this one, lower at $3.54 now.

product link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000272626428.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.42.497a5de6HKY1T

Thanks Wendy! I went the other way and got the Limpid Pro cable. It is doing a good job of taming the midbass which I find to be too prominent with the Believe. Soundstage opens up a bit because of this and give the headphone a more dynamic sound. Big fan of both the cable and the Believe.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #1,256 of 2,441
Thanks Wendy! I went the other way and got the Limpid Pro cable. It is doing a good job of taming the midbass which I find to be too prominent with the Believe. Soundstage opens up a bit because of this and give the headphone a more dynamic sound. Big fan of both the cable and the Believe.

Thank you so much for the kind comments! :wink:

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,258 of 2,441
KBEAR Limpid Pro Cable Review

-1420584701827590957.jpg

Disclosure
As is the norm, I believe it is my duty to disclose to readers whether the item I am reviewing is bought, loaned or otherwise given to me to review. Where I say nothing relating to whether or not the item is a review unit, it is because I paid for the item which I am reviewing.

In the case of the KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable, I was given a review unit (at a nominal price) by KBEAR on the understanding that I would be free to give my honest opinion of the cable.

All opinions are my own with no influence, as I avoid reading other reviews of the same item before I have written my review. I make an effort to ensure that I give the reader factual information.

The KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable. At the time of writing, is Ā£20ish.

-1937824879128751320.jpg

I do not know where to begin, and that is not because I have nothing to say, on the contrary I have lots to say about the KBEAR Limpid Pro Cable, the first being, I love this cable.

Where to begin is an issue because cables have been a flash point for some serious arguments. However, I will begin with my position on cables sonic enhancement.

Do cables add to the sonic properties of any In Ear Monitor (IEM)? Well, in my view there are three schools of thought:

First School of Thought - says yes, cables do add to the sonic properties of IEMs. Here the claim is that a cable can add to the sonic properties of the IEM so as to increase the effect of the bass or treble depending on which metal cable is used. Copper is considered capable of adding to the bass, while silver on the other hand is deemed to add to the treble in IEMs. While various combinations of those metals give various benefits.

Second School of Thought - says no, cables are incapable of adding any sonic properties of any meaningful value to IEMs. The argument says, if there were any benefits they would be measurable.

Third School of Thought - says cables take away from the sonic properties of IEMs. The effect is that every cable cannot deliver exactly the same current on the end point as it initially received at the outset. We can all agree that cables can lose some of the current they hold. The other aspect of this theory is that each and every connection point is a weak point at which a cable loses or may lose some of the current it holds.

Where does that leave us? It is simple, the theory is that we lose some of the sonic properties with each cable, thus it is the inverse of the First School of thought, which is specifically that the less we lose in sonic properties, the better the cable. What then of the bass/treble gain attributed to some cables? I am afraid I am not in the position to say, I am simply not qualified to do so.

What then is my position on cables, until such time that I have evidence to the contrary, I take the view that the Third School of Thought ā€œhas legsā€. It is the one that takes us further and arguable, although the inverse of the First, it is the same effect as the First School of Thought from the perspective of the end-user. The less taken away, the better the cable, is to all intents the same as this cable sounds better than the next, that is not to say that the cable adds anything, it is simply better because it takes away less.

Having said all that, I love cables for the aesthetics, how they look just does it for me. I just love the way they look.

20210101_103745.jpg

I must say, I think I do hear something when I change from a copper cable to a silver cable I do notice something, whether that is psychosomatic or an actual sonic difference, I do not know and I can only rely on the logic of the third theory.

In the KBEAR Limpid cable I get everything I want, I get the aesthetics, they are just beautiful, great value for money, they sound very good to me. I have had the pleasure of using numerous KBEAR cables, because for me, they represent the point at which you get good value.

These things are pieces of jewellery on earphones which can be very expensive, a $1,000 IEM (once the earphones are in your ears) gives the user nothing to look at or hold on to. What you do get to look at while you listen to your Ā£1,000 earphones is the cable. Why should they not be beautiful and pleasantly tactile.
It is not just how beautiful, the Limpid Pro is, it is also how it feels and what it brings to your sound quality. The feel - some religions have the rosary (in Christianity) and its equivalent in other religions for the purposes of meditation. Music is the other element of meditation, so imagine having the perfect sound in your ears, and the most supple and tactile cable to stroke while you listen to your music, and when you open your eyes you get this beautiful looking cable by KBEAR in your hands.

The best thing is that it does not cost a fortune, and I am just loving it and the KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable is so well made, it does not impede my music and conversely you could say it makes my music sound better. For my tests, I matched the Limpid Pro cable to my KBEAR Believe and my IMR Opus Mia, to my ears the details seemed more pronounced on both IEMs. What is certainly true is this cable is a winner. Just look at the Limpid Pro cable when the light hits its silver locks!

ļæ”20.70 50%OFF | KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 Core Pure Silver Cable with 2Pin/QDC/TFZ/MMCX 3.5mm for KZ ZSX ZAX ASX EDX DQ6 BLON BL01 BL03 TRI I3 Starsea
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO0GkKH

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,259 of 2,441
KBEAR Limpid Pro Cable Review

-1420584701827590957.jpg

Disclosure
As is the norm, I believe it is my duty to disclose to readers whether the item I am reviewing is bought, loaned or otherwise given to me to review. Where I say nothing relating to whether or not the item is a review unit, it is because I paid for the item which I am reviewing.

In the case of the KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable, I was given a review unit (at a nominal price) by KBEAR on the understanding that I would be free to give my honest opinion of the cable.

All opinions are my own with no influence, as I avoid reading other reviews of the same item before I have written my review. I make an effort to ensure that I give the reader factual information.

The KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable. At the time of writing, is Ā£20ish.

-1937824879128751320.jpg

I do not know where to begin, and that is not because I have nothing to say, on the contrary I have lots to say about the KBEAR Limpid Pro Cable, the first being, I love this cable.

Where to begin is an issue because cables have been a flash point for some serious arguments. However, I will begin with my position on cables sonic enhancement.

Do cables add to the sonic properties of any In Ear Monitor (IEM)? Well, in my view there are three schools of thought:

First School of Thought - says yes, cables do add to the sonic properties of IEMs. Here the claim is that a cable can add to the sonic properties of the IEM so as to increase the effect of the bass or treble depending on which metal cable is used. Copper is considered capable of adding to the bass, while silver on the other hand is deemed to add to the treble in IEMs. While various combinations of those metals give various benefits.

Second School of Thought - says no, cables are incapable of adding any sonic properties of any meaningful value to IEMs. The argument says, if there were any benefits they would be measurable.

Third School of Thought - says cables take away from the sonic properties of IEMs. The effect is that every cable cannot deliver exactly the same current on the end point as it initially received at the outset. We can all agree that cables can lose some of the current they hold. The other aspect of this theory is that each and every connection point is a weak point at which a cable loses or may lose some of the current it holds.

Where does that leave us? It is simple, the theory is that we lose some of the sonic properties with each cable, thus it is the inverse of the First School of thought, which is specifically that the less we lose in sonic properties, the better the cable. What then of the bass/treble gain attributed to some cables? I am afraid I am not in the position to say, I am simply not qualified to do so.

What then is my position on cables, until such time that I have evidence to the contrary, I take the view that the Third School of Thought ā€œhas legsā€. It is the one that takes us further and arguable, although the inverse of the First, it is the same effect as the First School of Thought from the perspective of the end-user. The less taken away, the better the cable, is to all intents the same as this cable sounds better than the next, that is not to say that the cable adds anything, it is simply better because it takes away less.

Having said all that, I love cables for the aesthetics, how they look just does it for me. I just love the way they look.

20210101_103745.jpg

I must say, I think I do hear something when I change from a copper cable to a silver cable I do notice something, whether that is psychosomatic or an actual sonic difference, I do not know and I can only rely on the logic of the third theory.

In the KBEAR Limpid cable I get everything I want, I get the aesthetics, they are just beautiful, great value for money, they sound very good to me. I have had the pleasure of using numerous KBEAR cables, because for me, they represent the point at which you get good value.

These things are pieces of jewellery on earphones which can be very expensive, a $1,000 IEM (once the earphones are in your ears) gives the user nothing to look at or hold on to. What you do get to look at while you listen to your Ā£1,000 earphones is the cable. Why should they not be beautiful and pleasantly tactile.
It is not just how beautiful, the Limpid Pro is, it is also how it feels and what it brings to your sound quality. The feel - some religions have the rosary (in Christianity) and its equivalent in other religions for the purposes of meditation. Music is the other element of meditation, so imagine having the perfect sound in your ears, and the most supple and tactile cable to stroke while you listen to your music, and when you open your eyes you get this beautiful looking cable by KBEAR in your hands.

The best thing is that it does not cost a fortune, and I am just loving it and the KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 strand cable is so well made, it does not impede my music and conversely you could say it makes my music sound better. For my tests, I matched the Limpid Pro cable to my KBEAR Believe and my IMR Opus Mia, to my ears the details seemed more pronounced on both IEMs. What is certainly true is this cable is a winner. Just look at the Limpid Pro cable when the light hits its silver locks!

ļæ”20.70 50%OFF | KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 Core Pure Silver Cable with 2Pin/QDC/TFZ/MMCX 3.5mm for KZ ZSX ZAX ASX EDX DQ6 BLON BL01 BL03 TRI I3 Starsea
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO0GkKH

While I haven't done any real A/B testing yet with the stock vs. Limpid Pro (waiting to have someone else with me that is also an enthusiast, and I want them to be COMPLETELY unware that I am changing a cable to see if there is an objective difference), I personally noticed an immediate taming of the midbass with the Believes. Not sure if the highs/mids or whatever are changed, but the bass difference was immediately noticeable to me.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,260 of 2,441
While I haven't done any real A/B testing yet with the stock vs. Limpid Pro (waiting to have someone else with me that is also an enthusiast, and I want them to be COMPLETELY unware that I am changing a cable to see if there is an objective difference), I personally noticed an immediate taming of the midbass with the Believes. Not sure if the highs/mids or whatever are changed, but the bass difference was immediately noticeable to me.

You are not alone! Your observations on the BElieve are the same as mine. I really love the look and feel of the cable, so I have to restrain myself from saying more than, "I think I hear something".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back