KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 8, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #1,231 of 2,441
A pick of my Believe's. These are some smooth operators.

KBEAR_BELIEVE_small.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,232 of 2,441
I really like the Believe a lot with all genres of music. I just tame the mid bass a little with EQ, per my preferences.

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,233 of 2,441
I really like the Believe a lot with all genres of music. I just tame the mid bass a little with EQ, per my preferences.

I have been doing this as well--dropped dB from 500Hz to 60Hz. I just received the Limpid Pro Kbear cable in the mail-- plugged it into the headphones and I had to remove most of my EQ'd bass as it seems the cable sort of did that for me. Could just be my brain, but this cable seems to tame the midbass further as well. I'm not going to make too many other sound difference judgement calls as this was the thing that stuck out immediately to me. Will A/B further with the stock cable and see if anything else also changed. I don't want to say they are brighter/clearer simply because I put a shiny silver cable on em until I A/B like crazy, and then have my brother A/B like crazy with his eyes closed so he doesn't see the cable.

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,234 of 2,441
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #1,235 of 2,441
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #1,236 of 2,441
I got the Believe in, and I gotta say I'm really surprised how bassy these are. I was expecting something more balanced, but the mid bass is overwhelming. In fact, it really doesn't sound much better than my KZ ZAX. Big boomy bass, recessed mids.

I've tried all my tips and nothing seems to tame it. Is something wrong with mine? I'm kind of shocked here because I have read very few criticisms of the tuning on these.

Are there some tips that will cut mid bass?

hmmm, either yours are underpowered, it became muddy and bassy.

you need a good DAC to bring it to shine.I replaced the cable with KBear 3.5mm balanced cable to use with my BTR5, sounds so wonderful with higher power 240mW, great resolution.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,238 of 2,441
Can anyone clarify the cable pin polarity on the Believe? There seems no wording or markings on the driver itself which way. There is a blue mark on the cable though. Are we to assume that the blue mark on the cable is to be facing the L/R on each shell marking? It seems that is the natural positioning/curve of the cable and plugs in that way and playing them sounds like that is the correct position but want to be sure it's wired that way internally also.

Thank you.
I found the easiest way to check polarity by using a multi meter

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #1,239 of 2,441
We are in the earphone exhibition hall--5th EEC Annual Carnival! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Exhibition time: 2021.1.9--2021.1.10
Place: Shenzhen, China

Love the gold xduoo X3 :)

088AB62F-3CAF-4E5C-A6B6-27735171BD2E.jpeg

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #1,240 of 2,441
I'm having a somewhat troubling issue with my Starsea. I can't wear them for long without developing a skin irritation, and then a mild rash in my ear. I don't know if it is an allergy I don't know of, but I've not had it happen with any of my other IEMs. Happens with both included foam and silicone tips.

For material reference, I'll list all my other current IEMs that don't cause issues.

MDR-EX1000
Xelento
BGVP DMG
LZ A5
Cayin YB04 (what I am using now in place of the Starea)
KZ ZST Pro
**** MT300
Etymotic ER4SR/XR

Any ideas?

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #1,241 of 2,441
I'm having a somewhat troubling issue with my Starsea. I can't wear them for long without developing a skin irritation, and then a mild rash in my ear. I don't know if it is an allergy I don't know of, but I've not had it happen with any of my other IEMs. Happens with both included foam and silicone tips.

For material reference, I'll list all my other current IEMs that don't cause issues.

MDR-EX1000
Xelento
BGVP DMG
LZ A5
Cayin YB04 (what I am using now in place of the Starea)
KZ ZST Pro
**** MT300
Etymotic ER4SR/XR

Any ideas?

metal or resin allergy

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #1,242 of 2,441
hmmm, either yours are underpowered, it became muddy and bassy.

you need a good DAC to bring it to shine.I replaced the cable with KBear 3.5mm balanced cable to use with my BTR5, sounds so wonderful with higher power 240mW, great resolution.
Actually DAC doesn't matter, it's the implementation of dac+amp circuit with combination of battery- only operated device.

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #1,243 of 2,441
metal or resin allergy
I'm wondering what is in the Starsea but isn't in any of the other IEMs I've tried over the last few years of non-stop audiophoolery :p

Quite upsetting. I like them. I've been using them with the "bass" mode on (1,0), with small red-ring tips. Makes them a bit V shaped and fun. They are also probably the most attractive pair I own. The finish is absolutely beautiful, and it goes well with my 2 core OCC Kbear cable aesthetically

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,244 of 2,441
I have been doing this as well--dropped dB from 500Hz to 60Hz. I just received the Limpid Pro Kbear cable in the mail-- plugged it into the headphones and I had to remove most of my EQ'd bass as it seems the cable sort of did that for me. Could just be my brain, but this cable seems to tame the midbass further as well. I'm not going to make too many other sound difference judgement calls as this was the thing that stuck out immediately to me. Will A/B further with the stock cable and see if anything else also changed. I don't want to say they are brighter/clearer simply because I put a shiny silver cable on em until I A/B like crazy, and then have my brother A/B like crazy with his eyes closed so he doesn't see the cable.

I also recently received the KBEAR Limpid Pro cable and like you I paired them with the Believe and I have to agree with you. I am not on either side of the cable debate (as you will soon see in my review) but... to me the mid-bass on the Believe is tamed when using the Limpid Pro cable.

I cannot wait to hear about your brother's A/B test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back