KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 3, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #691 of 2,441
If there was magic I would magic a Starlight, but I wouldn't give up my 'Believe's', not that I am into 'beliefs'....empirical experience for me thank you. I'm not a graphs and theories man, I'm a breath through the nose and experience the breath person. Although give me a birth chart because symbols are alive with meaning.
I've been sitting listening to this KBear Believe and the Shuoer Tape Pro (for a bit longer) and it's clear IEM's have made great strides forwards in recent months. Listening to music through those IEM's is a GOOD experience. Love em 😍
Appreciate your reply but doesn't answer my question😄.

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #692 of 2,441
Appreciate your reply but doesn't answer my question😄.
If I could I would trade the Believe for the Starlight.....the Starlight is better. The Starlight, from memory, is more spacious and airy, has a much finer/detailed non-fatiguing treble. Big soundstage in width and depth, and great imaging. Beautiful timbre for so many drivers. Bass is good, but it is mids and highs that make the Starlight a champ. Of course this was with my music tastes and is purely IMHO......although memory is a very dubious thing. In the 'here and now'.......viva la KBear Believe.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #693 of 2,441
If I could I would trade the Believe for the Starlight.....the Starlight is better. The Starlight, from memory, is more spacious and airy, has a much finer/detailed non-fatiguing treble. Big soundstage in width and depth, and great imaging. Beautiful timbre for so many drivers. Bass is good, but it is mids and highs that make the Starlight a champ. Of course this was with my music tastes and is purely IMHO......although memory is a very dubious thing. In the 'here and now'.......viva la KBear Believe.
Thanks again, can you recall the power needed for it?

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #694 of 2,441
According to the review I just read, it has an elevated and prominence with the subbass region. I hope these are not masking the unwanted frequency intolerant to us but then I have yet to hear one for it's technicality.

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #695 of 2,441
Thanks again, can you recall the power needed for it?
I ran it from a HiBy R5, balanced 4.4mm and used a Faaeal Copper cable with it. I used high gain around 34/100 in volume steps or a lttle more (I think). Wasn't hard to drive if I am remembering correctly.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #696 of 2,441
Dec 3, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #697 of 2,441
Has anyone tried foam tips yet in Believe? If so, does it get sound warmer?

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #698 of 2,441
I can’t wait to believe myself :)

@Slater just checking since you and a few other esteemed members do DIY stuff, is handling and disassembling of beryllium drivers toxic, like what BGGAR did? I wonder if you have made a DIY beryllium product before even!

Anyways, I found some Focal Utopia warning leaflet online here. Ya in solid form with normal usages it should be safe, but when cutting or damaging the driver, not sure if any beryllium microparticles or aerosols will be released.

Capture1.PNG

Has anyone tried foam tips yet in Believe? If so, does it get sound warmer?

The BElieve is extremely tip sensitive.

Foam tips do drop the treble in the BElieve for me, and make it not only warmer but more muddy in the bass, I personally don't like foam tips with it.

For silicone tips, in general the narrower bore ones boost bass for me, whereas the wider bore ones lower bass. YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #699 of 2,441
@Slater just checking since you and a few other esteemed members do DIY stuff, is handling and disassembling of beryllium drivers toxic, like what BGGAR did? I wonder if you have made a DIY beryllium product before even!

Anyways, I found some Focal Utopia warning leaflet online here. Ya in solid form with normal usages it should be safe, but when cutting or damaging the driver, not sure if any beryllium microparticles or aerosols will be released.

Capture1.PNG

The BElieve is extremely tip sensitive.

Foam tips do drop the treble in the BElieve for me, and make it not only warmer but more muddy in the bass, I personally don't like foam tips with it.

For silicone tips, in general the narrower bore ones boost bass for me, whereas the wider bore ones lower bass. YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.
Good to know👍 Yes, actually foam tips are not my cup of tea too as you have described, not only that... it will self destruct in 5s...😆

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #700 of 2,441
Wendy, I have a question regarding starlight. Are you burning-in the multi drivers in between for the 10 days customwait?

Dec 4, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #702 of 2,441
Sorry it took me a few days. My initial impressions of the Believes below. Please pardon my inexperienced descriptions of the sound, got into the hobby around July and I am still learning the lingo.

So, after listening to the Be-lieves for a couple of days, what comes to mind immediately is detail and clarity. I feel like these are quite a detailed set, especially in the mids and the highs. Even at lower listening levels, the detail still pops out. I have seen some frequency response graphs on the Believe, and I think they sound a little different than what some graphs suggest. I don't feel like it is that big on the bass, and I don't feel like it is really much of a v-shape. The mids are superb, and vocals shine. The highs are extremely detailed and clear. I don't have any audio gear to run them off besides the Qudelix-5k, the usb-c apple dongle, and my phone, the A8 (still has an audio jack), and I feel like the Believes do sound a little better off the Qudelix-5k; not that it sounds bad on the other sources, I feel like the bass gets a little tighter, maybe a tad more separation and detail? I have no problems with getting enough volume, although I don't really listen to music at that loud of a volume, but time spent listening is pretty high.

Although sometimes I hear a wrinkling sound on the left side, maybe it was flex or something due to the pressure? After a long listening session today, I lost volume on the left side for a bit, and when it came back, I lost volume on the right for a bit. Side effects of driver flex? Hasn't happened again, and now I am more cognizant of too much pressure building up. Any ways to try and alleviate this? I noticed on @kmmbd's review of the Diamond (same/similar shell if I'm not mistaken) driver flex is also mentioned. Perhaps it was due to tip choice, as there is a vent on the rear of the nozzle itself, near the shell, and the long "skirt" of the Final E tips had an affect? Went back to the Radius Deep Mount tips (wider bore like the stock tips) and haven't had any more issues.

However, I am still extremely pleased with the Believes, all things considering as I bought them blind on 11/11. In my eyes, simply great value for the sound quality; I paid around $160 maple (Canadian) dollars for my set, and I couldn't be happier.

Haha, I've worn these for most of the day, I think my ears need a rest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back