KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #676 of 2,441
While the A7 don’t have pretty shells, they are exaggerated in all of the close-up photos. IRL the print is so small that I really don’t notice it, and they are simple black shells.

But no, they are not really beautiful like the Starsea is.
hmmm is this close enough for you? :joy:

20200918_165500.jpg

But yeah, IRL the text isnt very visible so unless you look at it closely it might as well just be a normal black shelled iem.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #677 of 2,441
no, that's a good summary... I just have to save up some money to get LZ A7 and be happy with not so pretty casing...
The LZ A7 is exceptional though. They sound wonderful and you are sure to get a tuning you like. I find the shape good in the ears.

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #678 of 2,441
Just something I hope you will try. If not so be it. Let me state my position. I do not 'believe' cables make a difference. But something happened empirically. I was using a pure copper cable on a well known earphone and thought the bass was too much for me. So for whatever reason I purchased a pure silver litz cable and it to my ears, purely IMHO, it sounded very different. I have changed back and forth many times and I empirically hear a difference. So will you, out of kindness, try a pure copper cable and then a pure silver litz, swapping on an IEM you have. I used the Blon 03. I used a KBear pure copper and a NiceCHK silver litz. If you do... let me know what you hear, but if you don't want to I understand and no problem.
Cables do make a difference, it is well-documented. I definitely experienced it with AS10 and A10 in particular (low impedance, all BAs), largely when changing from thin stock cables.
What makes the difference is the impedance (actually the resistance part of it, since the capacitance and inductance are not a factor here). 1/16 rule works well, OK 1/24, if I pretend to be a discerning audiophile (that is the value of the single wire resistance to be less than 1/16 or 1/24 of the IEM impedance to stop matter - silver or copper or whatever conducts).

I do have three pure silver cables. I wish they could sound different, but they are not, when the resistance is the same to copper or spc. The problem of direct comparisons - the need to be sure that the diameters of the wires are the same, otherwise you compare thickness more than material.
4-core litz are thinner, so I can believe to some difference with the 16 cores.

Now, some "pure copper" cables (if not most) are still silver plated for the oxidation protection and then just have the copper-coloured insulation.
So those who hear the difference between pure copper and spc just make me chuckle...

Speaking of KBear to be at least somewhat on topic, they are my favourite 16-core cables - a bit of extra efforts make a nice difference.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #680 of 2,441
Cables do make a difference, it is well-documented. I definitely experienced it with AS10 and A10 in particular (low impedance, all BAs), largely when changing from thin stock cables.
What makes the difference is the impedance (actually the resistance part of it, since the capacitance and inductance are not a factor here). 1/16 rule works well, OK 1/24, if I pretend to be a discerning audiophile (that is the value of the single wire resistance to be less than 1/16 or 1/24 of the IEM impedance to stop matter - silver or copper or whatever conducts).

I do have three pure silver cables. I wish they could sound different, but they are not, when the resistance is the same to copper or spc. The problem of direct comparisons - the need to be sure that the diameters of the wires are the same, otherwise you compare thickness more than material.
4-core litz are thinner, so I can believe to some difference with the 16 cores.

Now, some "pure copper" cables (if not most) are still silver plated for the oxidation protection and then just have the copper-coloured insulation.
So those who hear the difference between pure copper and spc just make me chuckle...

Speaking of KBear to be at least somewhat on topic, they are my favourite 16-core cables - a bit of extra efforts make a nice difference.
Duly noted. This BE is a good candidate for cable testing.Not considering skin effect on them.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #681 of 2,441
Those who like holographic imaging should listen to Live Music ,spot on. I was listening to Old Love ( Eric clapton ) . One of my favorite male artist😊

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #682 of 2,441
So gave the KBear Believe three tough tracks to get right...'La Fuente Del Ritmo', Santana, (suggested by another head-fier) which is complex, 'Ear to there', a drum track by Rajat Dholakia on the 'Rhydhun' album and 'Sibelius Violin Concerto', Philharmonia Orchestra, Adrian Justus Violin. The Believe make each sound wonderful, with one caveat. Staging is not quite as wide or three dimensional as some other IEM's. Being a single driver explains that. But the Believe sound great and in the subjective world of listening to the Believe I'm sure many will like it a lot. Of course we all have different taste, likes, dislikes, but I hope that most will find this IEM musically addictive. Well done KBear and thank you @WendyLi for being so helpful.

You are welcome! I am also very greatful for your support to our products!

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #683 of 2,441
Listening to the LZ A7 and TRi Starsea there are many more drivers, crossovers, set differently, and they have, to me, a much more holographic staging. Just IMHO. I had the same thing when I listened from the KBear Starlight which has a very large holographic soundstage and many drivers. But very few IEMs seem to get all the factors, sound, timbre, staging, imaging, layering, resolution etc etc in one package. So purely IMHO the Believe sounds wonderful, which is good enough for me.

:ksc75smile: Wow, you bought the Starlights?!

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #685 of 2,441
:ksc75smile: Wow, you bought the Starlights?!
No Wendy I borrowed a kind friend's for a week. Sadly I cannot afford the Starlight, but from memory only, it is really the 'King of the Castle', and I hope as those who own it realise it is tuned perfectly.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #686 of 2,441
No Wendy I borrowed a kind friend's for a week. Sadly I cannot afford the Starlight, but from memory only, it is really the 'King of the Castle', and I hope as those who own it realise it is tuned perfectly.
Will you trade one with BElieve with Starlight if theres a opportunity within your budget? King of castle👍Which part of starlight excels in performance?

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #689 of 2,441
Wendy shoot me a star for demo purpose?😊

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #690 of 2,441
Will you trade one with BElieve with Starlight if theres a opportunity within your budget? King of castle👍Which part of starlight excels in performance?
If there was magic I would magic a Starlight, but I wouldn't give up my 'Believe's', not that I am into 'beliefs'....empirical experience for me thank you. I'm not a graphs and theories man, I'm a breath through the nose and experience the breath person. Although give me a birth chart because symbols are alive with meaning.
I've been sitting listening to this KBear Believe and the Shuoer Tape Pro (for a bit longer) and it's clear IEM's have made great strides forwards in recent months. Listening to music through those IEM's is a GOOD experience. Love em 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back