KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 1, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #616 of 2,441
They are here....the mythologised pure Beryllium driven.........Believe!!! I've given them a couple of hours 'break in', but brain burn-in and empirical burn-in are yet to happen. Tested Hans Zimmer, Dark Night, 'Why so Serious' (about 3.20 onwards) for sub-bass a few hours ago and then now. Sub-bass is now very good. Ambitionz Az A Ridah, 2PAQ, mid bass thumps now. Vocals really good timbre, highs good for my aged ears......you may be more sensitive if you are younger. Can't compare to £1700 or $2000 Beryllium IEMs as I'm just a poor Buddhist living day to day, but these stand up to anything I have bought recently. The thing I notice about recent IEM's like the LZ A7, the Tape Pro and this Believe is the wonderful timbre, which immediately makes music 'Believable'. Tuning is becoming an art. I played some tracks that are often congested with some IEMs. The Believe's have great clarity and separation/layering with those tracks. Now to give them time to burn-in. Pure Beryllium gives a pure sound.

Edit

Listening with HiBy R5, 4.4mm balanced TRi Through cable, Spiral Dot L tips. Listening using same outfit to the KBear Lark right now.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #617 of 2,441
They are here....the mythologised pure Beryllium driven.........Believe!!! I've given them a couple of hours 'break in', but brain burn-in and empirical burn-in are yet to happen. Tested Hans Zimmer, Dark Night, 'Why so Serious (about 3.20 onwards) for sub-bass a few hours ago and then now. Sub-bass is now very good. Ambitionz Az A Ridah, 2PAQ, mid bass thumps now. Vocals really good timbre, highs good for my aged ears......you may be more sensitive if you are younger. Can't compare to £1700 or $2000 Beryllium IEMs as I'm just a poor Buddhist living day to day, but these stand up to anything I have bought recently. The thing I notice about recent IEM's like the LZ A7, the Tape Pro and this Believe is the wonderful timbre, which immediately makes music 'Believable'. Tuning is becoming an art. I played some tracks that are often congested with some IEMs. The Believe's have great clarity and separation/layering with those tracks. Now to give them time to burn-in. Pure Beryllium gives a pure sound.

Edit

Listening with HiBy R5, 4.4mm balanced TRi Through cable, Spiral Dot L tips. Listening using same outfit to the KBear Lark right now.
I give you a heads-up, it's tuned between $1700 and $2000.😊

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #618 of 2,441
To my discovery, both STP and Believe are tie on the power draw. I'm on +26 ( turbo gain M6Pro) on BElieve although it could go higher, I dun want bust my ear!!The ST is +32.

Dec 1, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #620 of 2,441
The Believe has a beautiful musical tone. It recovers highs and details impeccably. Ornette Coleman's, 'Tears Inside' and 'Focus on Sanity' are quite stupendous listening through the Believe. Where it lags a little, is in soundstage and imaging compared to multi drivers, like the TRi Starsea and the LZ A7, which have stunning soundstages, especially the Starsea. Tonality, Timbre are so musical. Bass notes like double basses and skins of drums and cymbals are stunning on the Believe. As good as I have ever heard. Listening now to Focus on Sanity by Ornette Coleman. Phew...

👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #621 of 2,441
What source are you using?
Tidal UAPP. I just swap 4.4mm UPOCC cable from SPC cable, slow down the speed substantially. Dun like it. Will try graphene next.

On the other hand, my intended mmcx cable came for A7. What a revelation!!!

Dec 1, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #622 of 2,441
Tidal UAPP. I just swap 4.4mm UPOCC cable from SPC cable, slow down the speed substantially. Dun like it. Will try graphene next.

On the other hand, my intended mmcx cable came for A7. What a revelation!!!
What hardware source? Just trying to get what your volume is in relation to.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #624 of 2,441
Liking the IEM? Do you have anything more to say about him?
Trying to give it some time. For the price it’s quite good but I’ve been listening to some heavy hitters 10x the price lately so I’m trying to cleanse the mental palette before making any firm opinions.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #625 of 2,441
What hardware source? Just trying to get what your volume is in relation to.
what other hardware source☺️? My router modem ? i already indicated Shanling M6 Pro, 2 post up your initial impression.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #626 of 2,441
what other hardware source☺? My router modem ? i already indicated Shanling M6 Pro, 2 post up your initial impression.
On my HiBy R5, using balanced 4.4mm, usually, say for the TRi Starsea or LZ A7, I have the volume at 30/100 high gain. With the Shuoer Tape Pro about 40/100, the Believe at about 44/100, all to get the same volume.

I really like the Believe, it doesn't hold back at all. At the moment I am really impressed, we'll see if that changes in time.

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #627 of 2,441
Regarding this graph, other than the amount of overall bass, and mid bass in particular, it looks quite appealing to me. Of course how it actually sounds is all that matters.

66CA65FD-FAD8-4495-BC75-7E60C569F543.png

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #628 of 2,441
Can anyone confirm my finding? Between upocc all copper vs Silver plated cable on BElieve.
On my HiBy R5, using balanced 4.4mm, usually, say for the TRi Starsea or LZ A7, I have the volume at 30/100 high gain. With the Shuoer Tape Pro about 40/100, the Believe at about 44/100, all to get the same volume.

I really like the Believe, it doesn't hold back at all. At the moment I am really impressed, we'll see if that changes in time.
Ca you confirm my findings between all copper vs silver plated cable on BElieve? I can hear substantial speed increase.in SPC cable. If so, this BE driver is responsive to cable swaps.

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #629 of 2,441
Regarding this graph, other than the amount of overall bass, and mid bass in particular, it looks quite appealing to me. Of course how it actually sounds is all that matters.

66CA65FD-FAD8-4495-BC75-7E60C569F543.png
Erh, it's a NM2+ on steroids😄😄

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #630 of 2,441
Trying to give it some time. For the price it’s quite good but I’ve been listening to some heavy hitters 10x the price lately so I’m trying to cleanse the mental palette before making any firm opinions.

nice awaiting your impressions... I cancelled the Lark, since Believe is UnBelieveable... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back