Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #47 of 730
@MrTechAgent given you have the stax 009 on hand, hows did you tune the tonal balance of your cans? More similar to 009 for pure detail and accuracy, or slightly more colored for euphoric? Apologies if you already mentioned this.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't talk about my subjective opinions as a Manufacturer.
@xEcuToR has given his impression compared to the SR007 MK1 and MKII here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kaldas-research-rr-1-conquest-500-electrostatic.900147/page-3

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #49 of 730
Hi, the Headphone weighs 366g w/o Cable.

The Earpads are removable and replaceable, they are attached via an adhesive which leaves no residue. A Magnetic swap system wasn't Engineered to keep the production cost in-check and the price at $500.

Regards,
Aumkar
Thank you for your answer but you omitted something. Are the earpads made of genuine leather or pleather ( syntethic leather ) ? The first is a must for me and many others I guess.

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #50 of 730
Hello Aumkar,

Just curious if you have plans on accepting customizations for the RR1s like swap on magnetic earpads, headphone color, high quality cable etc., appreciate your response.

Cheers,
Sateesh

Hi Sateesh,

About the Customization options and bespoke specifications, I will reveal all the details on it later. I am working on my website overhaul where all of this information will be easy to see.
A visual aid would be better than me trying to explain here.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #52 of 730
Sorry about that, the earpads are synthetic leather.
Genuine leather is a must for you?
Run genuine leather separately as an upgrade path
By the way, is amp the part of combo or we have to use a different amp

And if the bass is cranked up compared to other electrostatics, then what about a solid state amp like SRM t8000

I bet it will sound amazing

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #56 of 730
Run genuine leather separately as an upgrade path
By the way, is amp the part of combo or we have to use a different amp

And if the bass is cranked up compared to other electrostatics, then what about a solid state amp like SRM t8000

I bet it will sound amazing

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
My personal favorite SS amps for the RR1 are the 353X and the KGSSHV.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #58 of 730
Stax SRM-252s would be enough for them?

Absolutely. We designed the RR1 with the 252S in mind as it's the cheapest entry into the E-Stat world. RR1 is plenty sensitive to be driven by the 252S and in the future can be upgraded with top-tier Amps such as the KGSSHV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back