Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #556 of 730
Oct 7, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #557 of 730
After some time with the RR1’s, I would like to see better bass extension in a RR2. The bass, which is very good and has good quantity, could use more extension. On songs with deep synth bass, the subass is pretty low. I’d like more rumble. So a RR2 with better extension top and bottom and bigger soundstage is what I’d want.

Have you tried blocking the vents with blu tack? I haven't but others reported that doing so makes the bass stay linear practically to zero.

The vents were put there to manage humidity which may not be an issue in your environment.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #559 of 730
Hello @talan7 ,

Appreciate your inputs and everyone else above as well who have mentioned the so called "RR2".
I just wanted clear some confusion, there won't be an “RR2”. That's for many reasons -

1) Constant consumerism - I don't make Headphones for a living, I am lucky enough to be in a position to have multiple businesses which prevent me from being pressured like other Manufacturers to constantly launch new products for quick sales. I don't care about sales. My job is to optimise Manufacturing and Quality, not launch new products quickly. That is just never going to happen under my watch. Of course, there will be future products but the RR1 was always made to be a standalone product with no successors.

2) Product Value

New products tank the value of old Headphones and make them essentially worthless all while also damaging the Brand's value.
Furthermore, I am also against the concept of discounting. No product will ever be discounted under my watch. Discounting is a disrespect to the customers who have paid full price and also show's a Company's perception towards their own product.

So, for these reasons and many reasons I might have forgotten, there will not be an “RR2”. I always urge people to buy from other brands where they don't find similar limitations.
I have been a Headphone enthusiast for over 9 years and have owned some of the most important Headphones ever Manufactured, I personally think this industry needs more quality than quantity.

On a similar but slightly different angle, I like the Sennheiser model of big upgrades in 5-7 years such as going from the HD600 to the HD650 and then the HD660 over a span of 25 years instead of the Hifiman model of 6 versions of the HE4 series, similar of the HE5 series and heaven knows the multiple other revisions for each new model they launch.

The HD800 got an upgrade after 8 years and now Sennheiser is probably going to release another TOTL model in 2023 or thereabouts.

An RR2 with vastly different and improved characteristics after proper research in 2025 would be a fitting successor.

Oct 8, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #560 of 730
Would should could ... but will not happen after that clear and convincing statement.
RR1 is really the prove that you can get an amazing headphone from India! so thanks for that :wink:

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #561 of 730
Innovation, fixing issues and refinement of a product is quite a difficult task.
So it's understandable that not every manufacturer is up for it.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #562 of 730
Innovation, fixing issues and refinement of a product is quite a difficult task.
So it's understandable that not every manufacturer is up for it.

Yup, most just tweak a little bit, wrap the same in a slightly different packaging and push it out. A good product will stand the test of time and the RR1 seems like a good candidate.

As a personal anecdote, the STAX SR007 Mk2.5 still holds its own after more than 2 decades. A fast, bassy e-stat that still packs a punch.

Oct 11, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #563 of 730
Yup, most just tweak a little bit, wrap the same in a slightly different packaging and push it out. A good product will stand the test of time and the RR1 seems like a good candidate.

As a personal anecdote, the STAX SR007 Mk2.5 still holds its own after more than 2 decades. A fast, bassy e-stat that still packs a punch.

does the SR007 mk2.5 have more bass than RR1?

Oct 11, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #567 of 730
Probably yes. It's the bassiest e-stat I've ever tried.
E-stats are not known for being bass proficient in terms of extension and quantity. Quality and speed yes, but extension and impact, no. Saying that, the SR007 MK2.5 does seem to measure well in the bass department.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #568 of 730
The vintage pro bias stax extend very deep and have decent impact.
Those drivers were insanely thin though

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #569 of 730
E-stats are not known for being bass proficient in terms of extension and quantity. Quality and speed yes, but extension and impact, no. Saying that, the SR007 MK2.5 does seem to measure well in the bass department.

Of course, an decent dynamic driver will hammer the estats in bass but it was very quick and tactile in the STAX.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #570 of 730
The Dan Clark Voce has excellent bass. Not Abyss mind you, but good extension, quality, and decent amount. Very un-stat like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back