Kaku finally vindicates UFO believers
Aug 29, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #16 of 62
Aug 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #18 of 62
^This. Not only does it not exist as a force, but how the hell would it let you exceed the speed of light? Even modern "teleportation" ideas only travel at the speed of light as they are essentially electromagnetic waves.

I'm all for Infinite Improbability Drive.

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #19 of 62

Quote:
Human DNA has been "discovered" in the furthest reaches of ouTer spAce.

The Aliens are us, just look in the mirror and you will see a spaceman!

cool.gif

Citation needed.

Who is to say that the human DNA detected from "the furthest reaches of ouTer spAce" is not contamination?  (also, I can't tell if you say this in jest!)

Quote:
Good point, but I'll offer that we do not know all the laws of physics.
We are like men with paddles contemplating a transoceanic journey, not knowing about sails.
Quantum physics may show us how to build the interstellar sailing ship.

Um, no.  Quantum physics has very little to do with interstellar space travel or communication. Except that a guy named Albert Einstein dabbled in quantum physics and also in relativity theory.  

I think the root of the problem people have with space and interstellar travel/communications is understanding how HUGE these distances are. I certainly can't conceptualize stuff that big...must cheat and use math.  We can agree that an ant cannot travel from Chicago to Tokyo in an ant's lifetime (barring human help), right?  Now say the ant lives 10X as long, evolves intelligence and discovers awesomely advanced technology, like an ant motorcycle, ant jet-ski, and ant hang glider.  The ant unifies all ants on the continent towards the singular purpose of moving one ant from Chicago to Tokyo.  Can it be done?  No. And we're talking about a distance of 10,000 km or so, for a critter that is maybe 5mm in size.  The ant must travel approx. 2,000,000,000 body lengths from Chicago to Tokyo.

Now, what about a human traveling from Earth to the nearest star, Proxima Centauri?  Distance is approx. 4 light years, approx 400,000,000,000,000,000,000 meters.  Let's assume a tall human (2m).  That's 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 body lengths.  It is 100,000,000,000 (100 billion) times more lengths for a human to go from Earth to Proxima Centauri than for an ant to travel from Chicago to Tokyo.  And lest 100 billion start to sound reasonable, remember that the universe is around 14 billion years old.

But wait, you might say, we will discover some new physics that will rewrite how we understand the fabric of space and time.  Yeah, could be.  But it won't change the fact that stars are REALLY FAR AWAY, our bodies are fragile, and our lifetimes are short.  But what about wormholes?  Now you're just making stuff up because it was a cool plot device in a sci-fi series.  If wormholes exist, there is no reason to expect that they will be capable of transmitting intact information, much less a human.  What about alien technology that is so advanced it would be like a human picking up an ant and carrying it on an airplane from Chicago to Tokyo.  Sure, you can abuse the ant metaphor, but it is much harder to abuse a physical principle or the fact that things exist a particular way in nature.

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #20 of 62

Quote:
many ppl believe that their ships use anti-gravity propulsion: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ufo+anti-gravity

that surely matches w/ a lot of testimonials, and yes they'd most likely know a lot more about hyperspeed propulsion than we do.

Nah, it's just plain old stargates; bending space and time with wormholes solves a lot of physics problems no?

Quote:

Citation needed.

Who is to say that the human DNA detected from "the furthest reaches of ouTer spAce" is not contamination?  (also, I can't tell if you say this in jest!)

It's true! They have identified certain meteorites as having come from birthing solar systems' "big bangs" in the far reaches of the cosmos, and they contain the building blocks of humans, like carbon, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, etc. Also non-human but earth-related elements are found in these space rocks, like iron and silicon.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #21 of 62

Nah, it's just plain old stargates; bending space and time with wormholes solves a lot of physics problems no?

Most testimonials always refer to UFO's moving in a way that gravity wouldn't allow, and the blinking lights might have to do w/ the ionisation of the surrounding air. Some ppl even managed to recreate the anti-gravity propulsion in a simulation, it can work...and most likely does.

It's also a know fact that most radar systems have an anti-UFO system to ignore them. Most governments know a lot more than they are willing to acknowledge.

The problem is that a lot of ppl come up w/ their own (funky) theories: http://www.hiddencodes.com/russian_space.htm

"those who know don't speak, and those who speak don't know" never rang so true.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #22 of 62
If aliens ever come to earth, no doubt it's mission is to eliminate or "cleanse" the cancerous growth that we are.  Would you let melanoma go untreated if discovered?  Peace, yeah right...dreaming.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 62
No.  But I've kept an ant farm before, because it is fun watching them run around doing who-knows-what menial task.  And I do enjoy the zoo.

Quote:
If aliens ever come to earth, no doubt it's mission is to eliminate or "cleanse" the cancerous growth that we are.  Would you let melanoma go untreated if discovered?  Peace, yeah right...dreaming.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #25 of 62

The best explanation of why aliens haven't been to earth.

First, they have to find us in the vastness of space. Then, they have to get here without dying of old age. Now, when they get here, do they go to the leaders
of a government to exchange philosophies? No! Do they go to an institute of higher learning, like MIT, to discuss technologies? No!

So who do they contact? They go to the swamp and find Bubba and Budreaux  (who are working on their third twelve-pack) and talk to them. 'Nuff said.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #27 of 62

Quote:

Many humans like to play around w/ animals, even if they're dumb...Some ppl believe that we're like cats and dogs to aliens, dumb but funny to observe and interact w/.

My point was, IF they had the technology to reach us...they'd be like billions of years more evolved than we could be possibly imagine...why would you seek to communicate with bacteria.....thats the sort of evolutionary gap I was thinking of....not just the tiny gap between humans and dogs.  If they had the technology to overcome this impossibility of space traveling to our planet...trust me...we are doomed!

Its not like they will bother to come here - I'm imagining a giant hyperdermic needle filled with the "anit bodies" to be injected into the atmosphere to eliminate the potentially hazardous growth that spawned on Earth.

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #28 of 62
What would a creature be like if it were millions of years more advanced? Would it even have "human"-style emotions. Many speak of the current primative state of mankind-- war waging, jealous, murderous. If you cleanse a creature of those traits over millions of years, what do you have left? A Spock-like race, free of negative emotions who would hardly have a reason to want to destroy us. They would be studying us like we would watch cavemen - fascinated. But I don't think they'd want to kill us. They might even pity us ... that is if they still posessed that "human" emotion. Because what if they'd evolved so far they'd be beyond even love and compassion? Perhaps they'd become so very machine-like and pure that they'd be almost insect-like in purpose and attitude. What creatures on earth have existed for millions of years unchanged? Insects, reptiles? Aren't homo sapiens like a newly turned leaf on the evolutionary tree? Whereas the cockeroach has probably existed for millions of years unchanged. Their motivations are pure - EXIST, REPRODUCE. WIll mankind develop along a similarly logical and emotionally sterile path? Have aliens? Or is LOVE actually as powerful as we humans claim it to be? Is LOVE an enternal trait among sentient creatures capable of advanced thought? Or is it tied to emotions like jealously, hate and anger just as fully as it is rooted to compassioin, fear, and devotion? Can we evolve beyond the negative without losing the positive. Taking the postive outlook, I suppose we could expect the arrival of a creature of pure love. Has a creature like this ever existed? Perhaps only in the being we call God. But even in his purity, it seems God did his share of smoting, destroying and rebuilding (after a rather nasty flood) where he saw fit. Again, the potentially lethal side of a purely logical being. Who's going to come knocking at our door from outer space? I don't know, but we might think twice before opening it..

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #29 of 62
The UMMO aliens have exchanged a hell lot of letters w/ VIP's all around the world over decades, sharing some of their knowledge w/ physicians to prove their background...they said that they were really surprised by the humans artistic skills and that they had nothing like music and painting on their planets. They also said that they couldn't stand the idea of sleeping in beds, as these would quickly become dirty and full of microbes/germs. They wrote +3800 pages of correspondance, explaining how life goes on their planets. Some believe it to be a very elaborated hoax, but the letters were sent from all over the world, and some of them included highly technical informations.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #30 of 62

Quote:
First, they have to find us in the vastness of space. Then, they have to get here without dying of old age. Now, when they get here, do they go to the leaders of a government to exchange philosophies? No! Do they go to an institute of higher learning, like MIT, to discuss technologies? No!

So who do they contact? They go to the swamp and find Bubba and Budreaux  (who are working on their third twelve-pack) and talk to them. 'Nuff said.

thats because the former set of people (govt. leaders, universities) do not believe they exist, or refuse to acknowledge their existence. Now why would they want to talk to those people... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back