Kaku finally vindicates UFO believers
Aug 25, 2010 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

IPodPJ

MOT: Bellatone Audio
Caution: Incomplete customer orders

I thought this was interesting, since a few years ago he (openly) said it was unlikely.

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 62
Of course UFO's are real.  Unidentified Flying Objects.  Ever seen a flying object that neither you nor anyone else could identify?  Me too.

Now have alien spacecraft visited this planet and left behind hard evidence of the trip?  Good luck...

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #9 of 62
The problem I see with whether aliens exist or not, which is the real question, is that say they did. Would people be able to handle it? I think the idea of them actually existing is so far out of what people can deal with, that in general we are in denial of the legitimacy of such a possibility. My $0.02 anyway.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #11 of 62

Quote:
Yep, mass public would go nuts if any gov body said that aliens are fact.

As for my thoughts, I don't have any proof any life form outside this world lives but I have a hard time believing that only life lives on this planet alone...it's pretty big out there in the sky

Solar systems without an asteroid belt may have developed intelligent life a lot sooner than  we did. Not by hundreds or thousands, but millions of years advanced.  I think any life that has the tech to travel here could do as they please with us

Aug 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 62
In order to reach us in anything less than centuries though, they would have to defy the laws of physics as we know them.

So if the laws of physics are laws, we may never meet other life forms, even if they do exist. Even contacting them with radio signals would take decades, of not centuries or millenia, since electromagnetic waves travel at the speed of light only.

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 62

Quote:
In order to reach us in anything less than centuries though, they would have to defy the laws of physics as we know them.

So if the laws of physics are laws, we may never meed other life forms, even if they do exist. Even contacting them with radio signals would take decades, of not centuries or millenia, since electromagnetic waves travel at the speed of light only.

Good point, but I'll offer that we do not know all the laws of physics.
We are like men with paddles contemplating a transoceanic journey, not knowing about sails.
Quantum physics may show us how to build the interstellar sailing ship.

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #15 of 62
Human DNA has been "discovered" in the furthest reaches of ouTer spAce.

The Aliens are us, just look in the mirror and you will see a spaceman!

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back