[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Nov 24, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #196 of 899
I don't find in the UAPP the USB exclusive mode 🤔
UAPP comes with USB exclusive mode enable by default. It should ask you whether to allow it to handle USB audio the first time you use the app with an USB DAC. You can disable it by going into USB Audio Tweaks setting and untick the 'Use USB DAC'

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #198 of 899
Nov 25, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #199 of 899
The ka3's working with windows8 ?
I already know that it is not what you ask, mine arrives delivered this afternoon, I will be able to confirm its operation in win7 / 32 and 64 bits.

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #201 of 899
Maybe it will help, thank you
I'm sorry to tell you that I have been unable to install the drivers for the KA3 in windows 7. It is strange since on that computer, with the generic usb driver, I have no problems using the Q5 tc. In win10 everything perfect, I can alter the KA3 and the Q5 tc without any problem. Another strange thing is that on Android I have more power output using Uapp than when I use Fiio Music.

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #202 of 899
I'm sorry to tell you that I have been unable to install the drivers for the KA3 in windows 7. It is strange since on that computer, with the generic usb driver, I have no problems using the Q5 tc. In win10 everything perfect, I can alter the KA3 and the Q5 tc without any problem. Another strange thing is that on Android I have more power output using Uapp than when I use Fiio Music.
Thank you. Early sound impressions ?

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #203 of 899
I've only been doing tests for a few hours, but I can say that they deliver more detail than the Q5 tc, both for SE and for the balanced output. Move the Verum One perfectly, I have to lower the volume to 60% to be comfortable. The only downside is with Room, I'm fighting with the asio drivers, instead with wasapi, everything is ok.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #206 of 899
sorry for late freply..
HibyMusic cannot controol hardware volume of KA3 when playing DSD format
That's somewhat to be expected. DSD, when natively decoded, doesn't support any form of digital volume control. It is the 1 bit nature of the format. You will have to do PCM conversion in order to have digital volume control.

Anyway, I thought the issue you have is with cracking sound? Does it happen with Hiby or UAPP?

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #207 of 899
That's somewhat to be expected. DSD, when natively decoded, doesn't support any form of digital volume control. It is the 1 bit nature of the format. You will have to do PCM conversion in order to have digital volume control.

Anyway, I thought the issue you have is with cracking sound? Does it happen with Hiby or UAPP?
in Hiby, there is no cracking sound when changing song manually (DSD format), I have this problem in fiio music app.
in fiio music, even change the volume of song (DSD Format) i experienced pop up sound (less cracking sound compare to song changing manually).
I cannot change the hardware volume in HibyMusic, so i don't know there is cracking sound or not.
all happen when playing with DSD format with higher volume

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #208 of 899
The fiio support said :
Thank you for reaching out to FiiO!
Yes, the KA3 is compatible with the Win8. You would need to install the DAC driver first: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202110201505087366118&tid=77
Do you tried this driver ?

Nov 26, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #209 of 899
in Hiby, there is no cracking sound when changing song manually (DSD format), I have this problem in fiio music app.
in fiio music, even change the volume of song (DSD Format) i experienced pop up sound (less cracking sound compare to song changing manually).
I cannot change the hardware volume in HibyMusic, so i don't know there is cracking sound or not.
all happen when playing with DSD format with higher volume

If cracking sound only happens on certain app but not other, then it is likely a software issue on your smartphone, mainly the USB Audio driver. If it is a hardware issue on KA3, all sound will be cracking, regardless of app. Also, Huawei has been known to have finicky USB audio driver in the past, so that could be the same issue regarding your smartphone. The only solution is to uses app with its own USB driver, such as Hiby and UAPP.

To enable volume control when playing back DSD in Hiby, go to Settings > DSD mode > select PCM

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #210 of 899
I received my KA3 a couple of days ago together with a balanced 4.4mm cable for my Sennheiser HD 58X and everyhing worked fine out of the box, both on my LG V30+ (Neutron Music Player) and my laptop (Foobar, although it wouldn´t play DSD 512 in native mode, it showed the sample rate but that was it, it did play 256, 128 and 64 no problem and when set to Wasapi push, DSD 512 played fine although the KA3´s green light would not turn on, this must be a Foobar problem since DSD 512 played perfectly on my phone). My first impression was that the KA3 sounded slightly brighter than I liked, that went away with further listening which revealed a clear and punchy sound that to me was engaging and what I was looking for. Strangely, my Jcally JM20 sounded louder out of my phone than the KA3 through its 3.5mm output, louder and also worse, since the Jcally was thinner sounding and more grainy, the KA3 being more "analog" for lack of a better word and just better sounding in comparison. When I put the balanced cable on the HD 58X and listened through the 4.4mm output it was as if the headphone had been given a vitality injection, yes it sounded louder but more alive at the same time and the bass gained a lovely impact that wasn´t there out of the 3.5mm socket. It really feels like I have also bought a new better sounding headphone from the improvement the 58X gets with more power, or at least fed by the balanced out of the Fiio. I´m really happy with the KA3 and would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back