[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Nov 29, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #226 of 898
My take on the KA3. Excellent little device. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-jade-audio-ka3-dac-amp.25575/ Somehow, I have a feeling there will be more of these things to come in the future. Only real cons I have is I wished there was a bass boost feature on this. Would be slick and a volume wheel on the devise itself even more slick. But for what it does. These get a thumbs up from me. Easy recommend to upgrade the onboard sound of your smartphones to match that nice screen it has.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #227 of 898
The above reviewer was kind enough to respond to my question and proposed that I ask it here. Hopefully someone or even Fiio themselves will respond.

Does the settings of the Android app regarding impedance, gain, and filters save to the device itself? Basically, if I set the KA3 to low gain and then plug it into my laptop, will that setting remain if I install the Fiio driver for Windows?

Thanks to anyone who might help. I have tried using a preamp program to give me more volume control with my current unit to give me more volume range thanks to some help on a different forum, but the sound quality is noticeably worse when I do not use Tidal in exclusive mode.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #228 of 898
El revisor anterior tuvo la amabilidad de responder a mi pregunta y propuso que lo hiciera aquí. Con suerte, alguien o incluso los propios Fiio responderán.

¿La configuración de la aplicación de Android con respecto a la impedancia, la ganancia y los filtros se guarda en el dispositivo? Básicamente, si configuro el KA3 en baja ganancia y luego lo conecto a mi computadora portátil, ¿permanecerá esa configuración si instalo el controlador Fiio para Windows?

Gracias a todos los que puedan ayudar. He intentado usar un programa de preamplificador para darme más control de volumen con mi unidad actual para darme más rango de volumen gracias a alguna ayuda en un foro diferente, pero la calidad del sonido es notablemente peor cuando no uso Tidal en modo exclusivo.
sif friend the settings are saved on the device.

Dec 1, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #230 of 898
I would like to know if anyone uses their KA 3 with windows7. I can't finish the driver installation process. Thanks

Edit. At last I have managed to finish the driver installation process under windows 7. I use the Ka3 connected to an old pc with win7 and Roon Bridge and no problem.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #233 of 898
This old pc with win7 solves the problem of having the roon server with win10 on the living room pc and being able to transmit the music via wifi, thanks to roon bridge, to another room.

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #234 of 898
What's wrong with the win7 ?
I didn't mean to sound that harsh. It just seems to me that a more modern version of Windows 'should' be more optimized for streaming/Roon etc. I understand if people don't feel the need to upgrade if their current solution is working for them. I just hope the old system is not connected to the internet since support for W7 officially ended in January 2020.

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #240 of 898
Hi guys, here is my comparisons review of the Fiio KA3, its one of the most compete sounding DAC/Amp. It definitely cant replace a mid rage DAP but is a perfect companion for those who want to stream their music right out of their mobile phone. Here I have compared it with another very capable Dongle, Earmen Sparrow.
I hope this is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back