[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Nov 22, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #181 of 899
I got my ka3, but the device disappointed. FIIO, as usual, hurried and threw the raw product on the market.
When connected to an Android smartphone, the DAC crackles and clicks when changing tracks, changing the volume level, and even when the screen is unlocked. All this happens in fiio music, in usb audio player pro. And no dancing with a tambourine helps.
When connected to win 10 with drivers installed, it's even worse, stuttering is added.
Jriver helps when listening to music, but the win 10 shell itself does not work correctly with ka3.
As for the sound, you should not wait for revelations:wink:

FIIO, when you start bringing to the market completely ready-made devices that do not require any dancing with a tambourine!
same here, i have pop up sound (click or crackles) when playing song with higher volume, usually DSD format. hopefully fiio can help to solve this problem.
But for sound quality... is incredible

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #182 of 899
same here, i have pop up sound (click or crackles) when playing song with higher volume, usually DSD format. hopefully fiio can help to solve this problem.
Are you using an iPhone as your source? I ask because this is similar to the descriptions I've seen of the iPhone limitation on current draw in action, especially given that it happens at higher volumes. Just a WAG though.

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #185 of 899
i am using android smartphone
Just to eliminate all possibility, try to lower gain and impedance setting of KA3 using FiiO app and see if that makes any difference.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #187 of 899
I did all ... lower the gain and lower the impedance.. still the same problem
Better contact the seller and arrange for an exchange.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #188 of 899
Understood (finally). Thanks.
I got mine yesterday and out of curiosity gave this a go (3.5mm to RCA into amp using ipad air 4 as source). Sound quality excellent IMO, no obvious audible noise or distortion. Suggest keeping amp off whilst making connection and starting with volumes (source, ka3 and amp) set low

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #189 of 899

I got my ka3, but the device disappointed. FIIO, as usual, hurried and threw the raw product on the market.
When connected to an Android smartphone, the DAC crackles and clicks when changing tracks, changing the volume level, and even when the screen is unlocked. All this happens in fiio music, in usb audio player pro. And no dancing with a tambourine helps.
When connected to win 10 with drivers installed, it's even worse, stuttering is added.
Jriver helps when listening to music, but the win 10 shell itself does not work correctly with ka3.
As for the sound, you should not wait for revelations:wink:

FIIO, when you start bringing to the market completely ready-made devices that do not require any dancing with a tambourine!

Does the issue happen when using other mobile phones or computers? Would you mind informing us the module name of the mobile phone and computer?
And please check via another headphones as well.
Does the issue remain after turning off the lock screen sound?
Swithcing tracks with different sampling rates will cause relatively obvious impulsing sound which is a normal phenomenon. It is recommended classify music files well.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 23, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #190 of 899
Does the issue happen when using other mobile phones or computers? Would you mind informing us the module name of the mobile phone and computer?
And please check via another headphones as well.
Does the issue remain after turning off the lock screen sound?
Swithcing tracks with different sampling rates will cause relatively obvious impulsing sound which is a normal phenomenon. It is recommended classify music files well.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Android Phone
Smartphone : Huawei MATE 40 Pro
Player : Fiio Music
Setup :
USB Output : NATIVE
USB Volume Control Mode : Adaptable
Pop Sound : Clicks and Crackles, when change the volume or change the songs
but..
with Huawei Default music player, I don't have any pop up sound

Desktop
Windows 10
Player : ROON player
Pop Sound : NONE

I don't know what's going on with the smartphone

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #191 of 899
I uninstalled the hibymusic abd reinstall with newest version. It worked... KA3 can display every color correctly... But the only problem is the Hibymusic can't control di hardware volume.
Now i am using FIIO Music app.. It works perfectly with KA3.
I'm using KA3 with the FiiO Music app on an Android Nokia using Android 10. I'm finding the colour of display locks if USB connection not correct. I have found a way to be able to ensure correct connection and change the colour by selecting different files using FiiO Music (48 and below-blue, above 48-yellow, DSD-green). This depends on order of operations - I need to open Fiio Music before attaching USB, Connect the USB and accept prompt to allow FiiO Music to access Fiio KA3. I then get a message "USB devices connected". Then select file to play. Colour then changes as different files selected.

If i do this out of order the sound is significantly impacted(less clarity, quieter, less sense of space, less low range weight) and the colour is locked indicating USB connection is not correct. (not sure where this problem resides App, Android or KA3)

I'm finding this approach reliable and easy to use as opposed to Hiby app which needs settings adjusted... e.g. the exclusive USB mode selected and if using DSD it locks the volume to max(dangerous) by default and can only be adjusted after enabling volume control in the Hiby setting or via the FiiO Control app.

Nov 23, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #192 of 899
Android Phone
Smartphone : Huawei MATE 40 Pro
Player : Fiio Music
Setup :
USB Output : NATIVE
USB Volume Control Mode : Adaptable
Pop Sound : Clicks and Crackles, when change the volume or change the songs
but..
with Huawei Default music player, I don't have any pop up sound

Desktop
Windows 10
Player : ROON player
Pop Sound : NONE

I don't know what's going on with the smartphone

Might want to try Hiby or UAPP in USB exclusive mode and see if there's any difference.

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #193 of 899
Been using the KA3 on my new Samsung Galaxy for the past 2 weeks or so. Sound quality is surprisingly excellent using the KA3 not to mention the ease of use. Haven't had any real issues with the KA3 knock on wood. I did a review for Fiios K3 2021 dac amp recently that uses the same dac chip ES9038Q2M. Sound quality is surprisingly very similar. The only thing I wish the KA3 had was the bass boost from the K3 otherwise. The sound quality is neutral yet dynamic at the same time with a clean noise floor very good for on the go listening sessions. So far so good.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #194 of 899
Been using the KA3 on my new Samsung Galaxy for the past 2 weeks or so. Sound quality is surprisingly excellent using the KA3 not to mention the ease of use. Haven't had any real issues with the KA3 knock on wood. I did a review for Fiios K3 2021 dac amp recently that uses the same dac chip ES9038Q2M. Sound quality is surprisingly very similar. The only thing I wish the KA3 had was the bass boost from the K3 otherwise. The sound quality is neutral yet dynamic at the same time with a clean noise floor very good for on the go listening sessions. So far so good.
The ka3 is bass-weak ? Any treble harshness ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back