k701 sound wierd at 100hr mark
Jan 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #46 of 52
Break in is real, but not 1000+ hours.  Even if there were changes in the drivers after that length, there's no way the human memory can process subtle details and memories of that length and nature. 

Quote:
i still sticking to the idea of burn in whether its placebo or not.
its my ears im hearing through

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #47 of 52
My thoughts exactly.  Also, the sound waves can skip my ears and the radiation can directly enter my brain.  The sound is more holographic that way.

Quote:

yup, the neutrons will activate the driver which will cause it to put off high levels of radiation. these ultra high frequency gamma rays will interact with sound waves which reduces overall distortion and improves the soundstage.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #49 of 52
Laugh it up guys. Wait till' 1000 yrs later when my cans become a railgun and you will be sorry.
evil_smiley.gif

And... there are cycles of up and down during burn in, sound would go better and worse until it is finally settled.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #50 of 52
Okay seriously, if your still burning in your headphones anywhere past the 200hour mark, your just going overkill. Apply the same rules to a car, most take atleast 10,000 miles to get broke in, some take 20 or 30. None are best at 100k or 300k, its just unessecary. At the 2000hour mark, id seriously be worried that my drivers are getting literally old and tired. 

And yes, i agree its beyond unreal to say, well my headphones sounded this way at 500 hours, and now at 800 hours they sound like X(insert better%).  Human memory cannot extend to that depth. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #51 of 52

Quote:
Okay seriously, if your still burning in your headphones anywhere past the 200hour mark, your just going overkill. Apply the same rules to a car, most take atleast 10,000 miles to get broke in, some take 20 or 30. None are best at 100k or 300k, its just unessecary. At the 2000hour mark, id seriously be worried that my drivers are getting literally old and tired. 

And yes, i agree its beyond unreal to say, well my headphones sounded this way at 500 hours, and now at 800 hours they sound like X(insert better%).  Human memory cannot extend to that depth. 

+1

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #52 of 52

Quote:

Agreed. Techinically, our echoic memory only lasts about 3-4 seconds, there's no way humanly possible that we can remember such subtle differences after such a long period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back