K701 owners: Anyone use them in the office?
Oct 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Digigator

New Head-Fier
After reading all the discussions on here, I've decided to pick up a set of K701's and a Fiio E7 to start (will work my way up slowly I hope). Anyways I was wondering how much sound the open-back design lets out and if it would be enough to where someone in the next cube could hear it. 

Also on a side note, at home I have a Creative Titanium Fatality X-Fi card for gaming. I believe they have CS4398's in them, and the card is shielded (dunno if that would help with EM and fan disturbance). Would it be better to go off the soundcard's line out into the E7 amp or just use the USB DAC on the E7? 

Thanks

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Let's say it's all depends of volume. with 50% volume for example the sound lets out enough (like everyone can hear it, even if they are not in your room. but just a little bit).

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Open headphones like the K701 will be heard by people around you in a quiet office. If it's a noisier office and your have it at a very low volume then you should be right. On the other hand, if it's a quiet office with people in the same room you're better off getting some closed cans/IEMs.

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 6
That would be really annoying to sit near a guy wearing open headphones while at work...

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Too noisy for intimate use. I had done some db readings in my home a few years ago and I could pick up and hear db readings from 40 ft away @ 65 db input and the headphones on a test head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back