K701 Help!
Oct 31, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #16 of 42
hmm.. so i guess k701 sounds well with classical, orchestral music too ?

how does it compare to audio technica ad900 or ad1000 ? anyone has any comment on it ?

thanks..

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #17 of 42
I love the K701 with classical, orchestral music. It outshines every other headphone that I have for that. It makes me want to listen to classical music just because the sound is so glorious.

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katysax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the K701 with classical, orchestral music. It outshines every other headphone that I have for that. It makes me want to listen to classical music just because the sound is so glorious.

cool.. that's great!!

Now I am tempted to buy the k701 and listen to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto , Beethoven Symphony and many more!
lambda.gif

Hope it will not disappoint ..

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xanden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.. that's great!!

Now I am tempted to buy the k701 and listen to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto , Beethoven Symphony and many more!
lambda.gif

Hope it will not disappoint ..

Hope you have an Amp.
blink.gif

And a good source.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #21 of 42
I use my K701 paired with a RSA "M" Hornet in my portable setup or with a Mapletree Ear+ Purist HD2. Both drive the AKG perfectly. The Hornet does the job with no problem.
I also have a MicroDAC. The MicroDAC + Hornet + K701 is fantastic ...

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my K701 paired with a RSA "M" Hornet in my portable setup or with a Mapletree Ear+ Purist HD2. Both drive the AKG perfectly. The Hornet does the job with no problem.
I also have a MicroDAC. The MicroDAC + Hornet + K701 is fantastic ...

ever think of modding your k701 ?

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #23 of 42
I have bought the 701s and am now cosidering Woo WA6 with a full modification. I am waiting for a response to a couple of questions. Until I make a decision on and receive the tube amp, I am planning to use my desktop MicroAmp/Dac. Headroom says that they will work well. I may also try my travel setup which is the MicroDac/Hornet.

This is becoming painful.

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #24 of 42
K701?....go for it without a problem!
It's very, very good but you must make the burn in (300 hours) first!
Don't make an opinion with it just out of the box...
K701 have a tremendous soundstage, and very good bass (tight and good focus).With my Heed Canamp, K701 deliver music with amazing detail.
You'll get lots of air, your music is never compressed!
Recomend it 100%
wink.gif

Cheers
Rui

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #25 of 42
Noticed your Avatar.
are the K701 good for classic rock?
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701?....go for it without a problem!
It's very, very good but you must make the burn in (300 hours) first!
Don't make an opinion with it just out of the box...
K701 have a tremendous soundstage, and very good bass (tight and good focus).With my Heed Canamp, K701 deliver music with amazing detail.
You'll get lots of air, your music is never compressed!
Recomend it 100%
wink.gif

Cheers
Rui

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #26 of 42
I have both the hd600 and the 701. The AKG 701 has a much better top end and bigger soundstage with tighter if somewhat less base. It needs an amp with good current swing to power it properly and does take a goodly amount of burn in. The Woo Audio 6, which I own, drives the AKG wonderfully.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #27 of 42
My plan is to put the 701s in a drawer with an old portable cd player on repeat. I plan to leave them there for a couple of weeks before I listen. (Playing what, I don't know.)

The only thing that is saving my wallet right now is that I am not getting a response to my inquiries from Woo.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 42
I just ordered 701's yesterday. I can't wait. It wasn't a review that got me though. I put on a pair and couldn't believe how comfortable they were. The fact that the reviews have been so positive pushed me over the edge though.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by No Deal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My plan is to put the 701s in a drawer with an old portable cd player on repeat. I plan to leave them there for a couple of weeks before I listen. (Playing what, I don't know.)

The only thing that is saving my wallet right now is that I am not getting a response to my inquiries from Woo.

I read this somewere: If you want to improve your K701's bass, you should use music with lots bass lines(like sound House Music or something eletronic).
I used St Germaine's Boulevard to make my burn in period and I think it works..
(but I can't prove it since I don't have other K701 to compare to...)
But try it..
basshead.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noticed your Avatar.
are the K701 good for classic rock?

Yeah, its fun to listen.. but maybe if it had more bass...(like Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro). But in the other hand you will miss the soundstage..and the soberb midband...
frown.gif

Cheers
Rui

Users who are viewing this thread

Back