K701 Forsale flood ?!?
Apr 29, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
With headphones you get people with their sweaty/waxy ears. With cars it's a little different. A better comparison would be renting underwear
tongue.gif

But people buy used so...

How about renting out IE phones yuck.

Yeah, that was I meant by weird and disgusting. With buying used it's a little nice since you know who used it before you as well as the fact that used headphones don't change hands often. So it's not like 6 different people have used the same headphone before you.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 27
Your just listening to it, you dont buy it.
When you go to buy clothes, you dont have a clue who tried them, if it fits you, you can go and buy a new one, its exactly the same.
About wax and stuff, it mostly refer to IEM, and in that case You can just buy a new tip from the one who gives the service and thats it.
If I ahd a service like that I would hang there all day long
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 27
What "flood"? The way I see it, yes the K701 were pretty hyped up, and I am -sure- that a number of people who went along do not enjoy them. But can we call it a flood when we don't know what is the % of people selling them of all the buyers? 50 FS thread out of 100 buyers would be a flood. 50 FS thread out of 1000 buyers would be pretty impressive on the other hand [it's most likely neither, and probably somewhere in between].

Apr 29, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #21 of 27
Every headphone has its lovers and haters. I too have noticed an increased number of FS: K701 threads.

Apr 29, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
It's a conspiracy by the Illuminati, you know, the same guys who burst the A900 and SA5000 bubbles.

icon10.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Every headphone has its lovers and haters.

Yeah, especially ugly white ones. I wonder when AKG will react and bring forward the decently coloured K701S limited edition - subtitle: "Back in Black". All black, that is - and please non-glossy, too. Thanks a bunch!
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 30, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 27
Though these are all great points, this is the third thread on this subject. :/ Oh well. I guess if a ridiculous number of people decided to make individual K701 praise and dislike threads, they might as well make multiple "why is it leaving?" ones.

Apr 30, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #26 of 27
When bought my k701 I was confused - they sounded terrible - muddy mids, no treble, no presence.. terrible. I was a HD650 fan for about 1 year. But after proper burn-in (about 80 hours) the 701s became SUPERB in every way! Now they make me to listen to all my CD collection again and I hear every album in a different and better way! Recordings that sounded veiled and not "interesting" to me now sound as they should sound - detailed, spacy, dynamic... K701 get the sound out of my head.
A week ago I sold my sennheisers although I feel a little sorrow - they gave me many many hours of pure pleasure. But k701 are just superb!
I think the time of k701 will come. They will be appreciated by most of the head-fiers and will become the next AKG-legend.

Sorry for the awful English
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back