k1000 owners club
Sep 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #1,231 of 1,660
Yes, great album indeed!

My t-amp is the very humble $23 or so Sonic Impact T-amp. I've listened to it in combination with some cheap high sensitivity speakers and the sound was really nothing to write home about - perhaps because the speakers couldn't let through the detail allowed by the amp. A cheap car audio amp (!!!) was just as good or better than the t-amp with those speakers, and it was not a matter of volume capability. However, with the K1000 this t-amp is really nice in my system (cheap, warm, musical, smooth, colorful sounding CD player and IC with moderately strong, punchy but rather loose bass). Good dynamics and fast, tight sound, including the bass, so an amazingly different experience than yours - pretty much the opposite, I should say. Interesting!

Edit: it's not a typo, the player produces a somewhat loose bass but the t-amp / K1000 make it sound quite tight, perhaps by diminishing the actual volume while maintaining the punch, or something like that.

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #1,233 of 1,660
The SI t-amp is 15W / channel in 8 ohms, but anything higher than 6W results in much increased THD. At least that's what I remember reading. Also, only a small part of the power output goes to the K1000 in my case, most of it goes to the 4 ohms resistors used in parallel with the headphones. Plenty loud for me and enough headroom, but this is true for this bass light amp. The diy Firstwatt F2, which had a strong bass, was at 5W / channel a bit underpowered IMO for this application (I used it with a passive preamp).

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #1,234 of 1,660
Hi guys !

I'm looking for a Dac to pair with my beloved K1000s. I'm on a budget around 800-900$. Is there any dac out there witch pairs up nicely with the K1ks ? Currently I'm stuck between the Audiolab M-Dac and the Mytek stereo 96.

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #1,237 of 1,660
Hi guys !

I'm looking for a Dac to pair with my beloved K1000s. I'm on a budget around 800-900$. Is there any dac out there witch pairs up nicely with the K1ks ? Currently I'm stuck between the Audiolab M-Dac and the Mytek stereo 96.

Out of some DACs I've had the Electrocompaniet ECD-1 has been the best match for K1000.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #1,239 of 1,660
Still my nr. 1 Headphone. Got 2 in case 1 breaks down :)

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,240 of 1,660
Times been hard last few years no fun time at all.
but our boy is 3 now so i can start to slowly think about myself again.
Some of you may have seen the recent ebay listing of "k1k #5047" this is my new "Treasure"

Ive got ray hammering away on # not sure yet dark star to sit quietly with them.
Cross ye fingers the wife at least gives me an hour with them both.
:wink:--- and cough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back