k1000 owners club
Feb 17, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #1,024 of 1,660
Hi, thank you for your posts.

First of all, I'd like to point out that there is the rattle only in bass. When I play classical or even Metalica (Load/Reload plenty of bass) it is perfect.

I do not know how loud K1K can play. WA5 is pretty powerfull amp, so I do not know - maybe I reach the limit.

Seller told me that the HP were for a long time in the box. They are wery dirty - from box's black foam I think. I cannot see any hair on the driver.

What was suprise for me that after a while - I think after 2 hours or so - it was much better but still some rattle on some bass frequencies... 

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #1,025 of 1,660
This sounds exactly the same as mine im afraid, i picked a track that had strong thumping bass as the opening to the song and could clearly hear distortion in the right channel. I sent them to RWSounds in Germany and they confirmed the driver was broken.
If you were pushing the K1000s to their limits the rattle would be in both channels? Is that what your hearing?

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #1,026 of 1,660

Yes, exactly. If the strong bass comes from right/left channel the rattle appears.

Is there a chance to buy a new drivers?

Thank you! 

Quote:
This sounds exactly the same as mine im afraid, i picked a track that had strong thumping bass as the opening to the song and could clearly hear distortion in the right channel. I sent them to RWSounds in Germany and they confirmed the driver was broken.
If you were pushing the K1000s to their limits the rattle would be in both channels? Is that what your hearing?

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #1,027 of 1,660
Yeah i sent mine in last year , the company is called RWSoundSystems in Germany. They have a stock of brand new drivers. Just be careful, i sold mine after getting both drivers replaced. I had the old version drivers and the new drivers are not as good in my opinion.
I'd be VERY careful replacing just one driver. The sound was different and you would have to replace aa a pair. I saw one Headfier replaced just one and is now selling them which is no suprise to me, although they told him they are technically the same driver. They didnt sound the same to me
I think they cost me 250euro per driver, in the end i wish id bought another pair of Bass Heavy K1000s. Well actually im not too sorry because selling them got me interested in the HD8000s but thats another story. Best of luck Spagetka

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #1,028 of 1,660
Thank you for your help!

Quote:
Yeah i sent mine in last year , the company is called RWSoundSystems in Germany. They have a stock of brand new drivers. Just be careful, i sold mine after getting both drivers replaced. I had the old version drivers and the new drivers are not as good in my opinion.
I'd be VERY careful replacing just one driver. The sound was different and you would have to replace aa a pair. I saw one Headfier replaced just one and is now selling them which is no suprise to me, although they told him they are technically the same driver. They didnt sound the same to me
I think they cost me 250euro per driver, in the end i wish id bought another pair of Bass Heavy K1000s. Well actually im not too sorry because selling them got me interested in the HD8000s but thats another story. Best of luck Spagetka

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #1,029 of 1,660
Well Im just adding myself to the list. I dont have them yet so Im not exactly an owner yet. They are paid for and should be in my hands by the end of the week or maybe beginning of next week. Mine are of the newer variety and Im afraid they are the bass light version with the drivers that are not popular? I dont know, Im excited to recieve them, I hope they are fine even with the newer drivers. My # is 10056. Hopefully they are not too bad, sometimes things are exagerated here on head-fi and Im hoping to not be disappointed.

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #1,030 of 1,660

Quote:
Well Im just adding myself to the list. I dont have them yet so Im not exactly an owner yet. They are paid for and should be in my hands by the end of the week or maybe beginning of next week. Mine are of the newer variety and Im afraid they are the bass light version with the drivers that are not popular? I dont know, Im excited to recieve them, I hope they are fine even with the newer drivers. My # is 10056. Hopefully they are not too bad, sometimes things are exagerated here on head-fi and Im hoping to not be disappointed.

I own both and can assure you that the differences are small,very small.
 And you are correct with the exagerated claims made by many here.
 Once you get used to their fit it is nearly impossible to tolerate an over ear phone for any length of time.
 It is very important to try them with the wings in all positions to find what best suits you.
 Treat them nicely and they will reward you.

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #1,031 of 1,660
Just got my pair in, #10168, and I think they sound great. Obviously not the bass-heavy version, but on my setup I don't see why I would need more. Is this the main K1000 thread these days? 

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #1,032 of 1,660
Also mine are in great shape with everything except the speaker amp extension cable, does anyone know if these are available anywhere? I already have a good non-AKG one but if the genuine article is FS anywhere or if anyone has an extra I am definitely interested.

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #1,033 of 1,660
I am listening to the Dave Brubeck Quartet "At Carnegie Hall" with the K1000 right now and I must say that I REALLY do like what I hear! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back