k1000 owners club
Apr 15, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #166 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticMatter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my hands on a pair of used K1000's. No. 05485... An original AKG K1000 amp was thrown into the deal. Does anyone have any solid experience with this combo?

Don't know the K1000 amplifier, but the K1000 themselves are great. Congratulations!
...and welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif
k1000smile.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #167 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should be interesting to see what amp you build to match the K1000.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks, I had the opportunity to buy a new pair a couple years ago at a great price but passed - a decision I later regretted. Now I have undone that mistake.

They're unlike any other headphone. When describing the sound to friends/family, I say they're more like a personal listening device because you don't feel like you're wearing headphones yet you have this soundfield around your head.

I'd to develop a killer dedicated 2A3 amp for them. It should play plenty loud for my tastes and hopefully others. Only immediate concern and challenge to investigate is hum. I prefer AC heating the 2A3 if possible.

Donald North

May 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #169 of 1,660
Congrats. I just recently found out that you can extend the temple cushions, I had no idea, they are much more steady on my head now
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #170 of 1,660
amazing how many people dont know that, as i didnt initially, but spreads the load and makes it more comfortable and stable as you say
bigsmile_face.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. I just recently found out that you can extend the temple cushions, I had no idea, they are much more steady on my head now
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #171 of 1,660
10627 here

purchased them at my first head-fi meet from wmcmanus... i think the story was he had let someone (cant remember?) borrow his pair, and he missed them so much he bought another pair... so he offered to sell me his redundant pair... this was back when K1000's were "uncool" (aka not discontinued) and i think i paid like $200 or $300 for them... and i didnt even have the money at the time so he let me pay him later...

the rest is history

i still <3 wayne for that
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #172 of 1,660
Extending temple cushions helps the comfort a lot (mine are fully open) , the steel rods can also (the two red pieces) be taken out from the k1000 with a tiny hex allen key and can be bent (they are extremely stiff) to ease the pressure on the head. I opened them up 5-6mm each and the K1000 is the most comfortable headphone I have ever tried. With the decreased temple cushion pressure the k1000 loses some of its grip on the head so I cut a piece of suede leather and covered the inner side of the headband with it, now it does not slide easily on my head , it is as stable as it was with tight gripping temple cushions.
I believe if you have a properly driven k1000 at home and an ED 9 for office and travel you have %95 of what headphone hi-fi can offer.

May 23, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #173 of 1,660
NOS pair #4342

May 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #175 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOS eh? do tell
wink.gif

is this that swedish shop....

No - off Ebay earlier this month. It was only on for a couple of hours before I clicked BIN.

May 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #177 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jumped on a pair that Fitz was selling today and am looking forward to hear it.

Blutarsky wanted that pair but was too slow.
tongue_smile.gif

May 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #178 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticMatter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my hands on a pair of used K1000's. No. 05485... An original AKG K1000 amp was thrown into the deal. Does anyone have any solid experience with this combo?

I have used several different amps with my K1Ks, but was able to locate a SAC K-1000 amp, and find that it really does do justice to the phones. It has clean tight bass and is not strident with the highs, as are many amps. Mine also has a standard phone jack that sounds excellent with my other phones as well.

May 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #180 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh how is it I only find the club now???

<---- big fan and owner!!!

Because you're never around anymore!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back