K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #1,156 of 3,854
Bibi gonna be on Running man next week.

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #1,157 of 3,854

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #1,158 of 3,854
Looks like Aimer is doing the intro theme for Demon Slayer season 2's redlight district arc opening. I like it so much better than Lisa's opening/endings.

The song is called Zankyosanka, and it seems like people are already excited over the track even from a short preview! For a modern anime series, Demon Slayer has used good tracks on the show.

I like Lisa's ending theme than opening. Awesome shot of Zenitsu in action! Who has the coolest looking breathing technique.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #1,159 of 3,854
Holy crap! Look at the presentation they put on for Aespa. SM is really trying new things. I think kpop stage performance is evolving. Same camera movements here as well. They must be using an AI camera system that the group members practiced with.

I think what it is, SM is keeping tight control over their tv live performance presentations.

Only thing I don't like about this presentation is that the performance has no random-ness or mistakes that may turn out interesting. It's always going to the same except the environment presentation and outfits.

Mnet version. I like their outfits in this version. So, what they are doing different here is, they are switching things up, and not keeping the same looks and presentations.

Karina always stands out, but I think this song is Winter's. Her presentation definitely stands out. She has good choreography parts. As for the other two members, they generally seem to come off as fillers. Maybe they sing good.

I agree that changeups in the live stages and performances are good and keep things more fresh and interesting. I wish they would also change the musical arrangements as well. But that's probably asking a bit too much. And it is also more work for the artists, choreographers and so forth.

But some different looks are definitely nice. It doesn't have to be that complicated either! I loved the simplicity of this video by Purple Kiss, for example. Even though it's not gotten as many views as their Zombie vid...

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #1,160 of 3,854
They need to do some more live stages though for this song. This is still about the best I can find. And sound is a tad muffled (though still fairly ok).

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #1,161 of 3,854
Mugen Train Movie's ending track was very good as well!

Song is winner of Japan Record Awards 2020. I'm thinking the movie 'Mugen Train' helps immensely in it's popularity since it's the highest grossing Japanese film ever.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #1,162 of 3,854
I agree that changeups in the live stages and performances are good and keep things more fresh and interesting. I wish they would also change the musical arrangements as well. But that's probably asking a bit too much. And it is also more work for the artists, choreographers and so forth.

But some different looks are definitely nice. It doesn't have to be that complicated either! I loved the simplicity of this video by Purple Kiss, for example. Even though it's not gotten as many views as their Zombie vid...

I think some somebody/people at SM figured out that camera movements enhances the perceptions of the movement of the choreography. The way the camera moves in reference to the direction of body movement and where the group member is facing has a large effect on the way to see the performance, and it points out how important camera movement is. Same goes for film, the way camera moves has a huge impact on the audience's reception of the film scenes (check out the anime scenes I've posted above. How the camera moves around a lot around the characters/events). By controlling this camera movement for every performance, they are trying to control how the audience is seeing the performance even further.

This is the best 'Savage' performance I saw of Aespa. Everything is tight. The movements are tight. Camera is tight. No flaws with this one. Just in general, one of the tightest dance performance I've seen. It's such a great performance (and shooting), I can see it many times and still entertains.

Karina does really own the camera! It would be interesting to see her do Beyonce performance covers.

One of the best early examples of very good camera work. It's an amazing camera work that enhances the performance really well. Just an amazing perfromance.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,163 of 3,854
I think the Pantera outfit is very cool

Saw the Knowing Bros with Aespa. It seems Winter is the talker in the group. She's got the charisma in the group when talking. Her southern accent is cute.

IU's version is still technically better. Nice choice in song though.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #1,165 of 3,854
This EP on my HiFiMan HE6se V2s is just immaculate. Moved this up to project of the year material :)
%EC%9C%A0%ED%82%A4%EC%B9%B4-timeabout-Cover-Art.jpg

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,166 of 3,854
This EP on my HiFiMan HE6se V2s is just immaculate. Moved this up to project of the year material :)
%EC%9C%A0%ED%82%A4%EC%B9%B4-timeabout-Cover-Art.jpg
Yukika got alot of good songs. My favorite song on that album is

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #1,168 of 3,854
Yukika got alot of good songs. My favorite song on that album is

I used to agree with this because it was the most upbeat track on the project, but now I'm not so sure. I appreciate the other songs a lot more than I used to due to how well they set a mood, how well her producers layer all the instruments and how Yukika sings so beautifully over them. Secret is an incredible song though.

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,170 of 3,854
Was it good? Did she turn out to be the next Jessi? Jessi had a spectacular episode and blew up! Looks like they doing the squid game stuff

That episode was a bit weird, poorly edited. They cut out alot of scenes and skipped things. The breakaway platform thing from squid game was entertaining though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back