K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Oct 2, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #1,126 of 3,834
New Twice. A little bright.

Incredible song. I didn't want to necessarily send it into this thread due to the song having no actual Korean words in it, but TWICE is a Korean girl group first and foremost, so I guess it makes sense.

It's their response to Dynamite by BTS (albeit a year late), but better late than never :) And wow, I love it so much, I've listened to nothing but this song for practically the last two days.

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #1,127 of 3,834
Incredible song. I didn't want to necessarily send it into this thread due to the song having no actual Korean words in it, but TWICE is a Korean girl group first and foremost, so I guess it makes sense.

It's their response to Dynamite by BTS (albeit a year late), but better late than never :) And wow, I love it so much, I've listened to nothing but this song for practically the last two days.

I was gonna mention it was their first all-English single, and consequently didn't need subs. But thought folks would probably figure it out on their own. :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,128 of 3,834
Switching gears a little, I was just listening to a couple of Jiyoon's (aka Jenyer) songs from her recent Sketchbook appearance. This lady is so under-appreciated imho. (Not by me of course. :) )

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,129 of 3,834

She can get a bit "hypersonic" on some tracks. Which makes some of her songs a little harder to listen to.

I enjoyed some of her recent covers of old anime tunes though, because those didn't make quite such powerful use of her upper registers as something like this does.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,133 of 3,834
I really dislike kpop industry. I hope idol factories die, and diverse individual artistic expressions happen. I'm tired of stereotypical idols created from these factories. All of them have similar physique, etc.. This is not good for perceptual mental well being of an avg person. But, do these countries care about mental well-being of minors? Isn't it all about look good on the surface and not so on the inside?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #1,134 of 3,834
Switching gears a little, I was just listening to a couple of Jiyoon's (aka Jenyer) songs from her recent Sketchbook appearance. This lady is so under-appreciated imho. (Not by me of course. :) )

She can get a bit "hypersonic" on some tracks. Which makes some of her songs a little harder to listen to.

I enjoyed some of her recent covers of old anime tunes though, because those didn't make quite such powerful use of her upper registers as something like this does.

Wasn't see the rapper in the group when she was at 4minute? I really haven't noticed her until now probably due to media not pushing her content. I like her performance on sketchbook

Her on Unpretty rapstar

I liked 4minute as a group, but really disliked their music. lol I thought they had a good casting of members, just the music was lacking at some point.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,135 of 3,834
Haha. Her anime cover songs are nice breath of fresh air. It looks like a video she put out for fun. It's very fun video. She has a good sense of humor.

This guy's cover of the song is very good.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,139 of 3,834
Wasn't see the rapper in the group when she was at 4minute? I really haven't noticed her until now probably due to media not pushing her content. I like her performance on sketchbook

Her on Unpretty rapstar

I liked 4minute as a group, but really disliked their music. lol I thought they had a good casting of members, just the music was lacking at some point.

Jiyoon and Gayoon (who you might not also remember that well) handled most of the vocals for the group. The rapping came a bit later on. HyunA was of course the main rapper in the group.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed her Sketchbook performances and anime/cartoon covers as well. :thumbsup:

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #1,140 of 3,834
This is mostly for the visuals, which I thought were fairly striking at times. Song is on the brighter side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back