K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Oct 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,142 of 3,834
Here is the most recent Girl Group Member Brand Reputation Rankings, and Karina is in the top 5, and I can see why. She has a real presence during their group performances. It's like other members in the group don't stand out at all. I'm surprised Joy is #3 in the ranking. But, the ranking shows how hot Blackpink as a kpop property really is.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489...-member-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-3

Is her looks a result of heavy plastic surgery? Because she looks really unique and other members in her group looks more normal.

Edit: looking at her early pictures, it seems she actually does look like that naturally! Wow, so rare.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,148 of 3,834
Ran into this clip randomly (or the algorithm found me), and found it hilarious. I know SNL Korea is pretty funny, and they revived the show recently. I don't know why Wendy is in this shot, but her there cracked me up. 🤣

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #1,149 of 3,834
I don't know what kind of iems those are but I want em.

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,150 of 3,834
The new aespa is the dark horse Korean EP of the year for me. At the moment, both Taste of Love (2021) & Queendom (2021) are my Korean EPs of the year (and probably even projects of the year), but aespa's debut EP Savage is one of most exhilarating musical experiences I've had in a long time, if not ever. SM's producers go to the next level ( :wink: ) in abrasiveness, energy and complexity on this, and the girls' vocals exude nothing but confidence and attitude. Their third single Next Level (2021) received a lot of praise for its catchiness and fresh sound that it brought to the table (despite it being a cover from a Fast & Furious soundtrack haha), but also a lot of backlash. As expected from groups that attempt to branch out in their sound. I like that SM decided to essentially double-down on this aesthetic, and create one of the most freshest listens of the year, and for me, even all time. Please check it out if you haven't.

1634034700873.png

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #1,151 of 3,834
I don't know what they did, but their camera work is innovative. What camera ks infront of the? Is it a computerized mechanical free moving cameras?

They are showing same camera moveme ts for performances in tv as well. They changing live performance camera methods

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #1,152 of 3,834
Love these mixes this guy does

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,153 of 3,834
Holy crap! Look at the presentation they put on for Aespa. SM is really trying new things. I think kpop stage performance is evolving. Same camera movements here as well. They must be using an AI camera system that the group members practiced with.

I think what it is, SM is keeping tight control over their tv live performance presentations.

Only thing I don't like about this presentation is that the performance has no random-ness or mistakes that may turn out interesting. It's always going to the same except the environment presentation and outfits.

Mnet version. I like their outfits in this version. So, what they are doing different here is, they are switching things up, and not keeping the same looks and presentations.

Karina always stands out, but I think this song is Winter's. Her presentation definitely stands out. She has good choreography parts. As for the other two members, they generally seem to come off as fillers. Maybe they sing good.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,154 of 3,834
New Bibi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back