JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Sep 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,636 of 1,936
  Sorry, but I'd prefer not having a J-cord. Thanks though! Btw I see you like A7X :D

Yep, definitely my favorite band. I started listening to Waking the Fallen when I was 10 years old and I've been a fan ever since. Personally, I kind of like the J-chord; now that I've gotten used to it Y-chords aren't as comfortable for me. What's your price range?

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,637 of 1,936
  Yep, definitely my favorite band. I started listening to Waking the Fallen when I was 10 years old and I've been a fan ever since. Personally, I kind of like the J-chord; now that I've gotten used to it Y-chords aren't as comfortable for me. What's your price range?

I still think City of Evil is their best album, but Hail to the King isn't bad either. Price range would be anywhere from 80-130$

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #1,642 of 1,936
I have been scouring for a bit trying to find some IEMs similar in sound to my Sony V6s and it seems the FXD80 may fit that.  I did see that they have been said to sound similar to the M50.  Any input?

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #1,643 of 1,936
  Hi brhfi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate it.

From where I am, there's only the FRD for sale/audition and can't compare them personally. I have a need for an iem with the mic during my working hours thus looking for more information thru this thread hoping for someone who might have did a comparison between the FXD and FRD. Anyway, I'll keep your thoughts in mind and audition the FRD80 to see if I'll would hear the same kind of issues as you did.

Thanks again.

I have both FRD80 and FXD80, bought from different place and time.  Although the overall sound signature is similar, but I notice some differences.  The FRD is a bit more V shape and a bit more analytical, while the FXD80 has better, more natural tonal balance.  The difference is subtle, not night and day, but discernible.  This is after at least 4 days burn-in.  I'm not fan of burn-in, but from my experience both FRD80 and FXD80 need around 3-4 days burn-in to sound best.  Sound wise, I prefer FXD80.  But for practical purpose with smartphone, FRD80 is an awesome sounding IEM, especially if you like classical music, or natural sound recording.  Basically they are natural sounding IEM, don't expect warm and thick vocal from them.  They are very natural sounding with the right pairing, detail and imaging is simply awesome!

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,646 of 1,936
Bit the bullet and ordered a FXD-80 off amazon for 77$ shipped from Japan, so excited, I've been using a Sony MDR XB60EX and really liked it, but it's fallen apart so I ordered another one of those and an XBA1 too, couldn't resist for only 30$ to try out a low end BA.

How should I go about burning these three in? I've never burned in any earbuds before, any tips? Also the FXD 80s don't leak much noise right? I know they're sort of open but...

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #1,649 of 1,936
Quote:
  Hello guys, JVC HA-FXD-80 and JVC HA-FRD-80-Z-E is this the same?

The FRD is with mic, for smartphone use.  I have both, generally they sound the same, the FRD is slightly more V shape in tonal balance compared to FXD.

Quote:
  Bit the bullet and ordered a FXD-80 off amazon for 77$ shipped from Japan, so excited, I've been using a Sony MDR XB60EX and really liked it, but it's fallen apart so I ordered another one of those and an XBA1 too, couldn't resist for only 30$ to try out a low end BA.

How should I go about burning these three in? I've never burned in any earbuds before, any tips? Also the FXD 80s don't leak much noise right? I know they're sort of open but...

Congrats!  Despite of other more expensive earphones I have, FXD80 is my favorite!
FXD80 improves with burn-in.  I use regular songs, I take only one channel of the song using Audacity, so I burn-in with mono track, so left and right driver get equal treatment.  I have 2 FXD80, so I did some experiment before, burn-in one pair for 4 days, leave the other pair as new pair.
After 4 days burn-in, the pair sounds a tad smoother, and the most discernible improvement is the spaciousness.  The burnt-in pair sound more spacious, better depth, more open, with clearer instruments separation. It gives the impression that it is more relax sounding.
The difference was not night and day, but discernible.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,650 of 1,936
hi there i'm new to this thread, am i'm sure this question is probably answered already but how bad is the driver flex on them? does it affect their sonic performance and their long term durability? the exterior looks durable enough but i'm interested in trying a micro driver especially since the cable and the housing seems so rugged

also i seen this... for sale during black friday in my country (canada) i'm curious if the anyone has the mic version can compare if theres anything different? 

i'm asking because the phillips she3580 without mic supposedly is significantly better sonically than the version with mic dunno why but it seems like the consensus

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jvc-jvc-in-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote-ha-frd80-z-ha-frd80-z/10274513.aspx?path=23c01c212d1165d78866a0ab12efd7b3en02

it was on sale on blk friday about $49.99, the button would be convenient but i dun really care for it. but if hits that price on christmas/new years i might snap one up out of curiosity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back