JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jul 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #1,606 of 1,936
Quote:
Has anyone else had weird fit issues? Maybe I just have narrow ear canals, but even with the smallest ear tips I couldn't get a comfortable fit. Shame because I really liked the sound. 

I had fit issues, but I think it was sort of a combo of tip size and more relevantly (for me) being a bit too large for my outer ear. They wanted to stick out at weird Frankenstein's-monster angles, and from there the tips weren't of much help.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,608 of 1,936
Yea I would have liked to try them with foam tips, but the nozzle is still quite wide so I'm not sure it would've been better. Mind ya'll I have smalll ear canals. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,611 of 1,936
Quote:
I find the cable of pretty good quality. It's not exactly kevlar reinforced but I think they can take a bit of abuse.
Have used mine for over a year and it looks to be in exactly the same shape as a year ago.
Still I have a lot of different in-ears and the FXD series have not gotten used daily. Used them a lot at the gym though.

To anyone owning these, buy these cheap foam tips.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PR-Memory-Foam-Tips-Earbuds-Eartips-For-Most-in-ear-earphones-Sony-Mdr-as-40ex-/321040110591?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item4abf7b53ff

It really helps the fit, isolation and sound. The comfort is so much better. IMO almost a must buy.
These tips do have a tendency to get stuck in the ear when worn with a deep fit. To combat this annoyance cut thin pieces of tape and wrap them around the front piece.

Sewden, I just ordered a pair of the foam tips from Amazon .

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B007BWCDYQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374765603&sr=8-3&keywords=foam+tips

Are these the ones you are talking about ?

Do I have to force the tips, or do they fit normally?

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #1,612 of 1,936
Quote:

Sewden, I just ordered a pair of the foam tips from Amazon .

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B007BWCDYQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374765603&sr=8-3&keywords=foam+tips

Are these the ones you are talking about ?

Do I have to force the tips, or do they fit normally?

They look to be the same on the picture.
The have rather loose fit.

"These tips do have a tendency to get stuck in the ear when worn with a deep fit. To combat this annoyance cut thin pieces of tape and wrap them around the front piece."

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,613 of 1,936
Why aren't the fxd80 more popular around here. Though a few people have minor fit issues I haven't listened to a better bass oriented iem in this price range. I guess everyone is onto the next FOTM

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #1,614 of 1,936
Why aren't the fxd80 more popular around here. Though a few people have minor fit issues I haven't listened to a better bass oriented iem in this price range. I guess everyone is onto the next FOTM

I think they're awesome, but the CKN70s are better :wink:

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,615 of 1,936
Quote:
I think they're awesome, but the CKN70s are better
wink.gif

In what regard? I haven't compared both but the CKN70s seems to have better comfort. The FXD series do have a much better cable though.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,617 of 1,936
In what regard? I haven't compared both but the CKN70s seems to have better comfort. The FXD series do have a much better cable though.

For me, the seal is my favorite part of the FXD80s. They are also not as harsh, but both earphones are smooth once burned in. The CKN70s have sparkly highs and sweet mids. It really comes down to preference and the styles of music you listen to, but the CKN70s take the cake for me.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,618 of 1,936
Quote:
For me, the seal is my favorite part of the FXD80s. They are also not as harsh, but both earphones are smooth once burned in. The CKN70s have sparkly highs and sweet mids. It really comes down to preference and the styles of music you listen to, but the CKN70s take the cake for me.

I also love the CKN-70s as they have such an incredibly smooth signature - I'm always flummoxed by the comments about them being harsh as that is the opposite of my experience. My biggest problem is that I can't get them loud enough. I wonder why that is and if there's anything I can do about it?

Not trying to hijack this thread though, I can raise my issue elsewhere. I was just considering the FXD80s as  an alternate pair and came across your comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back