JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Nov 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,412 of 1,936
He buys a new IEM every 20 years, he bought a Sony back then, and now he bought the JVC FXD80.

I think this guy really knows his stuff, the FXD80 will probably last a good 20 years, the construction quality looks flawless, and I can't take this IEM apart no matter how hard I try.  You can probably blast 140dB SPL into it without issue, and run it over with a tank, too.

Perhaps this is actually a secret "special ops IEM" for sub-bass and crystal highs to keep snipers alert while they're on watch.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #1,418 of 1,936
Will these work: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/150828756783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Please advice, over. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,419 of 1,936
Quote:
Will these work: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/150828756783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Please advice, over. 
biggrin.gif

The nozzle on my fxd70 is quite a bit larger than on my other iem's. It is really tough to get the sony hybrids on it. It is easier to get the r1 tips on it. And relatively easy to get the mh1c tips on it.

Anyway, I like the R1's foam tips on the fxd70, and the tips in the link look like they might be the same thing. And I think they will fit no problem:

Quote:
[size=large][size=medium]We offer 12 pcs. of soft memory foam earbud replacement[/size][/size]
[size=large][size=medium] tips. These tips come with[/size][/size][size=large][size=medium] a hole for a 4.5mm speaker stem and [/size][/size]
[size=large][size=medium]will fit up to a 6.5mm speaker stem. We refer to[/size][/size][size=large][size=medium] the[/size][/size][size=large][size=medium] part[/size][/size][size=large][size=medium] of your [/size][/size][size=large][size=medium]earbud[/size][/size]
[size=large][size=medium] that the tip fits on, as a speaker stem. [/size][/size]

Bonus that you can also tell them exactly what sizes you want:

Quote:
OR 12 PCS. HOWEVER YOU WOULD LIKE, JUST 
SEND ME A MESSAGE WITH YOUR SPECIAL
 REQUEST VIA. THE EBAY MESSAGE SYSTEM.

Good find!

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,420 of 1,936
Quote:

The nozzle on my fxd70 is quite a bit larger than on my other iem's. It is really tough to get the sony hybrids on it. It is easier to get the r1 tips on it. And relatively easy to get the mh1c tips on it.

Anyway, I like the R1's foam tips on the fxd70, and the tips in the link look like they might be the same thing. And I think they will fit no problem:

Bonus that you can also tell them exactly what sizes you want:

Good find!

Credit goes to Putente. He found those tips for the EPH-100. I've already got some on the way but the FXD80s have still yet to ship. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #1,421 of 1,936
Quote:
Credit goes to Putente. He found those tips for the EPH-100. I've already got some on the way but the FXD80s have still yet to ship. 

Cool. I asked the seller for some measurements:
- medium: base=11.5mm, height=10.5mm
- large: base=12.5mm, height=11.5mm

The only thing I'm still not sure about is the bore. The bore on my r1 foamies looks like it might be a bit larger. But, I think I'll go for them regardless.

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #1,422 of 1,936
Quote:

Cool. I asked the seller for some measurements:
- medium: base=11.5mm, height=10.5mm
- large: base=12.5mm, height=11.5mm

The only thing I'm still not sure about is the bore. The bore on my r1 foamies looks like it might be a bit larger. But, I think I'll go for them regardless.

Awesome. Mine should arrive sometime next week. The sizes are smaller than general tips apparently so I ordered 3 pairs of large and 3 pairs of mediums. Mediums for a deeper insertion and the large for a shallower insertion according to Putente. Cannot wait for my D80 to arrive. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,423 of 1,936
Quote:
Awesome. Mine should arrive sometime next week. The sizes are smaller than general tips apparently so I ordered 3 pairs of large and 3 pairs of mediums. Mediums for a deeper insertion and the large for a shallower insertion according to Putente. Cannot wait for my D80 to arrive. 

Yup, awesome. Just got mine ordered also - 4 x large and 2 x medium (the large ones will be about the same size as my r1 tips). Fwiw, for me the r1 foam tips transforms the fxd70's into things of sonic beauty. I hope these tips do as well (but for that price, it's worth taking the gamble).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back