JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #301 of 1,936
Quote:
These phones have a very dynamic, lively sound.. but they're not as aggressive and 'upfront' about it as the FXT90 was.  There's more distance between you & the stage with the FXD80 vs the FXT90.  As a whole, the FXD80 sounds like a more balanced, cleaner, refined take on the FXT90: more articulate treble (less crisp/harsh), tighter midbass/more sub bass.. and a better positioned, clearer midrange.

Don't say I didn't tell ya 
wink_face.gif

Okay that's adding another push to my temptations. I can't imagine my FXT90 in a better sound, and I'm still in honeymoon mode with it. even after 3 months-ish now!

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #302 of 1,936
Quote:
Anybody ever use Worldporter Japan? http://www.worldporter-japan.com/service/

I found the site but don't know anything about them:)

They will only work with Amazon Japan while Tenso will work with almost any online store or mall in Japan.

You also have to contact Worldporter Japan and tell what it is that you wish to purchase and they will let you know what to full cost and lead time is. When you pay for the service, Worldporter Japan will purchase the item on your behalf, have it shipped to their location and then ship it out to you.

Tenso allows you more versatility and control by allowing you to purchase to exact item you want at the price you want to pay. You can buy the item from one of the recommended online stores or malls or you go with the online store of mall of your choosing. You only pay Tenso for the forwarding of the item to you.

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #306 of 1,936
Good choice. The speed of these earphones bodes well for rock n metal by the way. Burn in is absolutely neccessary. Any of you guys get a chance to hear. Hot for teacher. Van Halen on these. Yes cus these earphones does this tune so well.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #310 of 1,936
I got the FXD70s on the way. Looking forward to hear what those are gonna sound like. Both those look interesting but I will wait on those as I was only supposed to get the FXD80 and be done with the JVC stuff but ended up getting the FX70 as well. I just have too much on my plate at the moment.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if both of those are great. JVC this year is not messing around on anything they are doing it seems. Their line up is the strongest I have seen from any of the Japanese manufacturers.. AT need to step up with their new CKM700 now and if those turn out to be what I hope they can be. This year will be the best year for me for new earphones by far. These are exciting times.

What is kinda interesting about those new FX31s. They seem to have gone the CKM500 rout and are out with many colors..I wonder if that is what they are going for with these new earphones.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #312 of 1,936
Tried out the FXD70 today (FXD80 didn't come in yet, might come in tonight, so I'll be buying a pair as soon as they do).

It's pretty clearly U-shaped, though not in a bad way. Bass is nice, as is the sparkle, but the mids are a bit recessed (though still clear). Hopefully the 80 will have better midrange presence.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #314 of 1,936
I am geussing the fx31 are a competetor to the ckm500 cuz the shape looks similar and i cost 74 dollars with ems shipping but without it its 60 dollar,i bet they will sound better then the ckm500 ....and the s500 is a carbon nanotube full size can which is mind blowing :xf_eek:

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #315 of 1,936
Quote:
Sorry for asking off topic.
My 80s are on the way.

What sounds should I use for burn in?
And at what volume?

Try this. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/ This is from the FX40 thread. I use a 5 hour drum n bass compilation on 70-80% max volume. It literally beats up on the drivers..JVC carbon based earphones all benefit from some aggressive burn in. And I can confirm this method works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back