JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Nov 11, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #198 of 663
  Hey guys, I have a pair of 1100 and I love em. Do you have any suggestions for iems that have similar sound signature but slightly better than 1100? 

Do the mod linked in my sig. That's the best upgrade from stock FX1100s I can think of. 
smile_phones.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #200 of 663
  Hey guys, I have a pair of 1100 and I love em. Do you have any suggestions for iems that have similar sound signature but slightly better than 1100? 

Probably not. JVC has hit a home-run with those wood drivers.

Quote:

Just remember It's all about pairing, I'm enjoying my FX1100 more than my Z5 at the moment.

Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

JVC FX1100. All vocals, All instruments, percussion etc, all sound more real than the CKRs. But note that while listening to the CKRs I never felt that the vocals or instruments sounded anything other than real, the JVCs wood dome drivers are simply just extraordinary in this regard. But their sound sigs are quite different. The FX1100 has a sound stage similar in size to the 9LTD, both have superb technicalities like depth and layering. But have different frequency balances, the mids on the FX1100 are slightly smoother and more laid back, less energetic, very smooth and sexy sounding. Mids are probably only half a notch behind the bass and treble, quite balanced, not as supremely balanced as 9LTD. The upper bass bloat is already tightening from burn, and has changed from sounding completely woolly to just sounding like it has some extra reverb, it actually works well with the relaxed sounding vocals for a warm and cozy tilt, while the mid bass and sub bass are tighter, not as tight as the 9LTD, not even as tight as the 10, but FX1100 have more bass body than the CKRs, yet the bass is more airy and doesn't feel as solid. FX1100 bass definitely works better than the CKR for jazz, classical, or real instruments, in fact I doubt even a $2000 ciem could compete with these for Jazz, classical or instrumental vocals. I actually prefer the bass of both the CKRs for modern music, the JVC sounds too woody and warm, like a wooden guitar bass string. The CKR bass is more like a tight sub woofer, lifeless, yet accurate, it works better for electronic, hip hop, rnb, rap, etc.

But don't get me wrong I enjoy all genres equally on both CKR and JVC, they both bring different and amazing presentations to the table. The FX1100 makes everything sound sexy, relaxed, almost like all the singers decided to smoke a joint before performing lol. The 9LTD sound like excellent surround sound, energetic and big hitting, the CKR10 is intimate and alone.

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Despite owning TOTL IEMs like the UERM and K3003 and recently having got excellent phones like the D2000J and Flare Audios, the vent-modded FX1100 are still the cream of the crop to my ears, particularly with classical music.

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #203 of 663
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new IEM after my Klipsch X10 died out on me after a solid 3 years. The JVC FX line have always intrigued me since the FX700 but now I am seeing the FX1100 to be the flagship model now. I feel the JVC offer the excitement, warmth, and most importantly the bass I am looking for since I listen to primarily to Rap/Hip Hop, Electronic/Trance, and Rock. 

Some of the questions I have are if the comfort and isolation good enough to be able to use while on the move or are they too heavy/bulky to use outside of work/home. Do they leak sound since they aren't the most isolated IEMs and will I be able to hear people talking to me if I don't have it on full blast?

Any information would definitely be helpful, thanks!

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #204 of 663
  Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new IEM after my Klipsch X10 died out on me after a solid 3 years. The JVC FX line have always intrigued me since the FX700 but now I am seeing the FX1100 to be the flagship model now. I feel the JVC offer the excitement, warmth, and most importantly the bass I am looking for since I listen to primarily to Rap/Hip Hop, Electronic/Trance, and Rock. 

Some of the questions I have are if the comfort and isolation good enough to be able to use while on the move or are they too heavy/bulky to use outside of work/home. Do they leak sound since they aren't the most isolated IEMs and will I be able to hear people talking to me if I don't have it on full blast?

Any information would definitely be helpful, thanks!

For most of my daily work day I use the JVC FX850s which are very similar in size and performance to the FX1100.  Comfort level is very good once you find the right tips for your ears.  Isolation is not the greatest but in a work environment it can be an asset to be able to hear a bit of what's going on around you.  It's probably also safer while being on the move to not be totally sonically isolated from your surroundings.  The enclosures are rather large and a bit ostentatious but frankly I don't care about that.  Due to their large size they are not very pleasant while lying flush on a pillow but the the SQ is superb.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #205 of 663

For most of my daily work day I use the JVC FX850s which are very similar in size and performance to the FX1100.  Comfort level is very good once you find the right tips for your ears.  Isolation is not the greatest but in a work environment it can be an asset to be able to hear a bit of what's going on around you.  It's probably also safer while being on the move to not be totally sonically isolated from your surroundings.  The enclosures are rather large and a bit ostentatious but frankly I don't care about that.  Due to their large size they are not very pleasant while lying flush on a pillow but the the SQ is superb.

The FX850 and FX1100/1200 in terms of price are not that far off. Would you say the extra $80 bucks or so worth it to upgrade to the flagship?

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #206 of 663
I upgraded from Fx 850 to 1100 and felt the upgrade was worth it.
Again you have to try them yourself.
I like the bass better on 1100 and the vocal is more pleasant and jazz club like.
If you lik more extension, you could try a silver cable.

I have a silver cable but then choose the original cable from 1100; as a matter of fact, i tried 1100 cable on 850 and felt the sound quality improved on 850.

YMMV

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #207 of 663
I had to chime here...
Ive always used my FX1100 with that clip that holds the cable on the tshirt, Today Ive lost it and to avoid all that cable flapping on the breeze I decided to invert the phone orientation upwards(cables behind ears)....And thats my face after I did that 
eek.gif

I was blow away, I sounds much much better to me! So resolving, so detailed! goosebumps
Is that possible?

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #208 of 663
I upgraded from Fx 850 to 1100 and felt the upgrade was worth it.
Again you have to try them yourself.
I like the bass better on 1100 and the vocal is more pleasant and jazz club like.
If you lik more extension, you could try a silver cable.

I have a silver cable but then choose the original cable from 1100; as a matter of fact, i tried 1100 cable on 850 and felt the sound quality improved on 850.

YMMV

Thanks for your comment! The FX1100 seems untouchable in reproducing timbre. So many decisions to make!
  I had to chime here...
Ive always used my FX1100 with that clip that holds the cable on the tshirt, Today Ive lost it and to avoid all that cable flapping on the breeze I decided to invert the phone orientation upwards(cables behind ears)....And thats my face after I did that 
eek.gif

I was blow away, I sounds much much better to me! So resolving, so detailed! goosebumps
Is that possible?

Damn, thats a pretty big improvement. Doesn't the FX1100 come with a higher quality thicker cable that's supposed to reduce microphonics?

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #209 of 663
  I had to chime here...
eek.gif

Is that possible?

It's indeed possible, since the FX850/1100 have angled nozzles, so they may better align with your ear canals if you wear them over-ears. It's the same for me, though I wouldn't state that as a general rule, since it depends on individual anatomy.

Even better in my book is over-ears with the Linum BaX cable, since it's extremely thin and virtually weightless, so you hardly notice the cable at all.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #210 of 663
Would you guys choose FX 1100 or ATH CKR 9ltd/10 for rock & metal (priest, iron maiden etc). Or any other suggestions in that price range ? Shure 846 /westone w60 too expensive. FX1100 at my max budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back