JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Sep 22, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #182 of 663
Despite owning TOTL IEMs like the UERM and K3003 and recently having got excellent phones like the D2000J and Flare Audios, the vent-modded FX1100 are still the cream of the crop to my ears, particularly with classical music.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #184 of 663
What's the vent mod? Taking off the vent or something?

Partially reduce the vents size by cutting a straw, stretch it a bit and insert into the vents. As the moving airs is reduced, pressure is reduced, so bass should be reduced, and this will increase the mid-trebles a little more. :D. Easily reversible, and that you should try it out of if you think the FX is a little bassy

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #187 of 663
I'd like to enjoy these because they look so nice and the bass is so clear. Unfortunately they're so large that they're actually uncomfortable. I used them the entire night and had to take them out multiple times due to my ears just getting hurt from them. Also, the treble seems just so rolled off. I'll probably be returning these. I just don't see me keeping them.

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #188 of 663
Try them over-ears without swapping left and right. This results in a different angle between earpiece and concha, which some find more comfortable.

Treble extension isn't bad imo, but the low range is just too dominant with stock tuning, hence the mod.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #189 of 663
Try them over-ears without swapping left and right. This results in a different angle between earpiece and concha, which some find more comfortable.

Treble extension isn't bad imo, but the low range is just too dominant with stock tuning, hence the mod.
I tried, but they never stay in my ears. I use an EQ so I didn't try the mod. I lowered the bass by like 10dB and raised the 9-20k range by 2-10dB and at that point it sounded like what I'd been used to. So maybe I'm just a treble head:

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #191 of 663
Anyone know if there's a new model on the horizon? JVC seems to release a successor at least once a year.

Side question: Are the 1200 and 1100 identical? AccessoryJack  seems to have the best price but it's for the 1200.

Could be, if we go by last year.

The 1200 is just the international name for the 1100.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #193 of 663
Finally got to hear these. They're pretty glorious, to be honest. From what I've read, the FX850 is a little hotter in the treble--is that true? I prefer smoother treble.

The Fx1100 treble is so rolled off that more treble isn't exactly a bad thing.

It was one of the big reasons I couldn't get into them.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #195 of 663
Despite owning TOTL IEMs like the UERM and K3003 and recently having got excellent phones like the D2000J and Flare Audios, the vent-modded FX1100 are still the cream of the crop to my ears, particularly with classical music.

Old post but I tried out the likes of Dita Truth, Layla, Angie, Roxanne and a number of more 1K plus IEMs during a short trip to Osaka and whilst I was impressed with many, especially the Angie, my EQed FX850 was very comparable in terms of sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back