JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Nov 12, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #1,921 of 3,142
Anyone know where I can get replacement ear pads for the DX1000? Or a third party one that works? OMG Omega II earpads are expensive! xD

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,922 of 3,142
Just pulled these out again and hooked them in the Violectric v200.  I forgot how good they actually were.  I had shifted over to the Ed8 LE which was newer and got used to that sound in closed phones but it is amazing that these DX1000s compete well with them, have more bass and maybe more or different soundstage and do it for about half the cost.  I really have always loved these, amazing that they didn't get more chatter for longer than they actually did.

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #1,923 of 3,142
To me the DX1000 has a very organic sweet sounding quality to it, that gives it a special place in my setup. Nothing like them, really. I like them best out of Isabellina dac > WA2 or in my vinyl setup amped again by WA2. Wonderful combination with the WA2, though I'd exspect the 70ohm to be too little for the OTL design... Not the most accurate headphone, but accuracy isn't allways needed...

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #1,925 of 3,142

Quote:
Just pulled these out again and hooked them in the Violectric v200.  I forgot how good they actually were.  I had shifted over to the Ed8 LE which was newer and got used to that sound in closed phones but it is amazing that these DX1000s compete well with them, have more bass and maybe more or different soundstage and do it for about half the cost.  I really have always loved these, amazing that they didn't get more chatter for longer than they actually did.

I also own them. Sometimes I complained about the "honky" midrange sound and in some recordings the over powering bass but after the recable job they are perfect and personally prefer them over the Ed 8.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Dec 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,926 of 3,142

Quote:

I didn't particularly pay attention to how well the DX1000s isolated/leaked compared to the Ed.8s when I heard them last year? How do you find they are in comparison?

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,927 of 3,142
Watched Avatar3D on my new plasma television yesterday. Absolutely spectacular. But it got a bit late and have neighbours and was amazed how well the DX 1000 could replace my home theater system. 

I do suspect that was the goal with them. If you are looking for reference headphones they do have their quirks but hard not to like LCD-2 on steroids. More Rev1 then Rev2 though :).

As for isolation in between LCD-2 and ED 8. Don´t do the best of job isolating but some at least.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,928 of 3,142

Quote:
I didn't particularly pay attention to how well the DX1000s isolated/leaked compared to the Ed.8s when I heard them last year? How do you find they are in comparison?

I usually think they are about the same but just now i put them both on with the music off and the tv and wife in the background and the DX1000 seemed to mute the sound a bit more than the Ed8

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #1,929 of 3,142
the dx1000 leaks more than edition8 as I recall. I don't own an edition8, but I have tried them a couple of times.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #1,930 of 3,142

Quote:
I usually think they are about the same but just now i put them both on with the music off and the tv and wife in the background and the DX1000 seemed to mute the sound a bit more than the Ed8

Big ears you don´t get any seal with the ED 8?

I sit next to a computer with very strong 120 mm fans and the ED 8 destroy the DX 1000 in the regard of shutting them out :)

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #1,931 of 3,142

Quote:
Big ears you don´t get any seal with the ED 8?

I sit next to a computer with very strong 120 mm fans and the ED 8 destroy the DX 1000 in the regard of shutting them out :)

I'd assume that too. Didn't dare to be so specific as I don't own the ed.8. But my impression is they isolate very good (like any closed ultrasone model does)

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #1,932 of 3,142

Quote:
I'd assume that too. Didn't dare to be so specific as I don't own the ed.8. But my impression is they isolate very good (like any closed ultrasone model does)

Quite a bit better then the Ultrasone Pro 750/900 as well. My Yamaha EPH-100 iems do beat it though. Those are absolutely amazing in their NC abilities :)

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #1,933 of 3,142
I get a seal with both actually.  Just briefly threw them on when i saw the question and that is what it sounded like.  I get a really good seal with the DX1000 though too so maybe it is small ears
wink_face.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #1,934 of 3,142

Quote:

Wow...that's saying a lot as the Ed.8s are the best closed cans I've found in that regard....interesting. Thanks!

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #1,935 of 3,142

Quote:
Wow...that's saying a lot as the Ed.8s are the best closed cans I've found in that regard....interesting. Thanks!

I would wait for more data points :)

I don´t know if it´s possible for a wooden can to isolate that well apart from there is no real clamping force on the DX 1000 and the leather while big is not quite as soft as the ED 8s. Most of the wooden cans I have tried is ported like denons and audio technicas though. The DX 1000 isolate slightly better then that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back