JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Dec 8, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,846 of 3,142
Again, in fairness to JVC, this headphone was never actually for sale in the USA.  They may well have parts available in Japan.  I don't know.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #1,847 of 3,142

Quote:
I think it's been in production quite a while. The issue is I don't think it's in production anymore.

Is DX1000 out of production?

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #1,848 of 3,142
The European version seem to be discontinued. Don´t know about the japan model.. Just started to listen to it some days ago again. Haven´t really listened to it on the Ref-9 being snowed in on the LCd-2 and ED 8 as I am. It may have a bit to solid sub bass for the DX 1000 but otherwise I suspect it´s fast attack and short decays should help the DX 1000 quite a bit. So far it´s quite a bit more forgiving then the LCD-2 but isn´t nearly as detailed. But that is partly why it´s so forgiving you hear what you are supposed to and not much more I suppose. I have found the LCD-2 bright at times (not the norm) but the day I find the DX 1000 bright I know my ears have been shot to hell :wink:

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #1,849 of 3,142

Quote:
Quote:
I think it's been in production quite a while. The issue is I don't think it's in production anymore.

Is DX1000 out of production?

I have no way to be 100% sure, but when I was in Akihabara in Tokyo last month, the store I originally bought mine at no longer had them, even though they had lots of other JVC cans, and lots of high end cans in general too (Ultrasone Edition, Stax, etc.).  And they don't seem to be very easy to get.  On the other hand, they can still be had from PriceJapan, it would seem.

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #1,850 of 3,142
Hi. I'm a proud owner of the HP-DX1000. Have been listening with Peachtree Nova for a while now. I would like to have a dedicated tube amp. Read somewhere that tube amps are better suited with these cans. Also Skylab might have mentioned about his Laben pairing well with these JVCs. I can't seem to find a good enough SS amp to do a comparison with my Nova to hear it for myself. But I'm sure I can do better with an amp upgrade. Any suggestions? Can't stretch to the Lebans, but can spend up to 1k USD max
basshead.gif

If it helps, I listen to an assorted mix of [size=10pt]Blues, Soft Rock, Folk, Country and an occasional burst of Metallica. Typical artists I listen to are Eric Clapton, Norah Jones, Brian Adams, Jack Johnson, Kenny Rogers etc. Plus am a huge fan of OSTs, especially Hans Zimmer.[/size]

TIA

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #1,851 of 3,142
Hey all,

My hinges are in very bad condition now. I fixed it once and I dont think they can be fixable again. I am thinking about getting a donor headband and hinges. But I dont know which headphone I can get from? Maybe Denons?

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #1,852 of 3,142
DX 1000 can do great on both solid states and tubes. I don´t know if I preferr my Traformator Head One tube or Goldpoint headphone Pro for it.
Though I would pick my Head One over the other solid states I have tried for sure.

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #1,853 of 3,142
The Woo WA6 is quite good with the DX1000

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #1,856 of 3,142
Oqvist and Skylab,

Since you seem to be the only owners of both the DX1000 and the LCD-2 would you mind comparing them for us? In particular I'm very curious about the bass of the LCD-2 compared to the DX1000 (extension, impact/punch etc). And are the LCD-2 bright for real at times, like the Ed 8?

My apologies to Skylab if you have done so in one of your reviews, I just couldn't find it.

Quote:
The European version seem to be discontinued. Don´t know about the japan model.. Just started to listen to it some days ago again. Haven´t really listened to it on the Ref-9 being snowed in on the LCd-2 and ED 8 as I am. It may have a bit to solid sub bass for the DX 1000 but otherwise I suspect it´s fast attack and short decays should help the DX 1000 quite a bit. So far it´s quite a bit more forgiving then the LCD-2 but isn´t nearly as detailed. But that is partly why it´s so forgiving you hear what you are supposed to and not much more I suppose. I have found the LCD-2 bright at times (not the norm) but the day I find the DX 1000 bright I know my ears have been shot to hell :wink:

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #1,857 of 3,142
The DX1000 sounds similar to the LCD-2 in some ways, but quite different in others.  I think the bass in the LCD-2 is sligthly tighter, and slightly deeper, while having just a tiny bit less impact than the DX1000, although the LCD-2 is more accurate in this regard.  The treble balance is also similar, although the LCD-2 has more very top end extension.

The main difference is in the mids.  The JVC's mids sound colored compared to the LCD-2, which has just amazingly clean and natural sounding mids.  I adore the JVC, but I accept that the mids are a little colored.  I just happen to like the color.

The LCD-2 are not in the least bit bright, IMO, and I cannot possibly imagine finding them so.  And I DO find headphones like the Senn HD800 bright.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #1,858 of 3,142
Glad I subscribed to this thread, thanks for your interesting comparison!

Quote:
The DX1000 sounds similar to the LCD-2 in some ways, but quite different in others.  I think the bass in the LCD-2 is sligthly tighter, and slightly deeper, while having just a tiny bit less impact than the DX1000, although the LCD-2 is more accurate in this regard.  The treble balance is also similar, although the LCD-2 has more very top end extension.

The main difference is in the mids.  The JVC's mids sound colored compared to the LCD-2, which has just amazingly clean and natural sounding mids.  I adore the JVC, but I accept that the mids are a little colored.  I just happen to like the color.

The LCD-2 are not in the least bit bright, IMO, and I cannot possibly imagine finding them so.  And I DO find headphones like the Senn HD800 bright.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,859 of 3,142
I just got my DX1000 back from Aphroditecu29.com with a new Zeus OCC copper 22 awg balanced cable and Furutech XLR. WOW!
The sound in general is a lot cleaner and transparent. The detial increased and the bass got tighter. The main inprovement to me is that honky sound in the midrange mainly in some voices is totaly gone.
The DX1000 was very nice before the recable job now is excellent IMO.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 22, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,860 of 3,142
Interesting! I always thought the DX1000's cable seemed pretty nice...but noW I'm tempted to maybe recable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back