JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Nov 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #3,016 of 3,142
A friend of mine is getting a 3D printer this Christmas (if he doesn't have it already). Would you mind to post the link to the piece in question? l'll take a look and, at least, l'll comment it to him :slight_smile:

Thank you for helping, I show large photo in post just before this.

I can also thumbnail photo if desired, if that is useful.

The other side of the part is not yet posted as a photo; if anyone can post a photo of the inside of this part, please do so.

The inside should be easy to 3D PRINT; it is not flat, but like a clam-shell inside sorta.

Let us know if you need more info !

Thank you again.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3,017 of 3,142
Yup!

I mean, both Denon AH-D5000, TH 900 and actually also the HD650 are technically more impressive.. With better seperation/clarity. Especially for D5K and TH 900, much much airier / clearer. But HPDX1000 just has no critical flaws. Overall detail retrieval is fantastic, they sound awesome with ALL genres (imo, although it loses to say th 900 for in some genres for instance). Just no weaknesses.

Actually I have gotten the urge lately to expand my collection a bit. I want to look into the Audio Technica headphones. But I know that technicalities for me is probably not interesting. I think TH 900 does that for me. I want something with SOUL, something UNIQUE just like the HPDX1000 is. Anyone have any recommendations ? I am a sucker for japanese wooden headphones (in case you couldn't tell), thats why Im looking at AT headphones.

Have you looked at the internals of the ZMF flagships (Eikon/Attitcus), they seem to have that tube channel like the dx1k/2k. Lucky you to have the dx1k/th900. Nice combo.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #3,018 of 3,142
Have you looked at the internals of the ZMF flagships (Eikon/Attitcus), they seem to have that tube channel like the dx1k/2k. Lucky you to have the dx1k/th900. Nice combo.

Just yesterday I ordered Stax SRS 3100 actually. What do you mean by tube channel ?

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,019 of 3,142
Just yesterday I ordered Stax SRS 3100 actually. What do you mean by tube channel ?

didn't know how to word it. The wooded tube like thing that holds the driver. They seem to be similar in that sense. Maybe that is why the ZMF and DX seem to provide that difference compared to some of the other wooden cans. Thats what i meant :p

m.jpg
ZMF_Eikon_Photo_InsideWODamping.jpg

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,020 of 3,142
@SHAMuuu ah ok, haha. Is that what JVC called the "acoustic lens" I wonder?

As for the JVCs, they continue to perplex me. If I'm being brutally honest, HD650s bore me. Where the TH 900 can be a bit fatiguing and lack mid range presence, and the Denon D5000 being a TH 900 junior with more bass, more mids, a tad bit less treble, the JVC is just a strange mix of everything I like - but I just can't get a good grasp of what exactly the JVCs are doing. And I keep going back and forth about their level fo detail. I put them on and hear stuff I've never heard in tracks before, I hear a ton of subtle details. Then I switch to TH 900 and I am immediately reminded how crisp and detailed they are - its like taking a mentos for my ears - clearly they resolve much better. So I'm not sure what I think about that.

One thing is for certain. For my tastes, HD650 is NO MATCH for JVC. The JVCs just does everything HD650 does, but better imo. Relaxed treble that never gets boring (HD650 puts me to sleep), awesome bass, the works.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,021 of 3,142
Thank you for helping, I show large photo in post just before this.

I can also thumbnail photo if desired, if that is useful.

The other side of the part is not yet posted as a photo; if anyone can post a photo of the inside of this part, please do so.

The inside should be easy to 3D PRINT; it is not flat, but like a clam-shell inside sorta.

Let us know if you need more info !

Thank you again.

l talked with my friend and he got a very basic 3D printer. What happens is he's just getting into the hobby now (the '3D printer' hobby...). As he explained to me, he will have lots of fun improving the 'basic printer' (e.g. adding parts to the basic model to turn it a more advance one), trying with different materials, and also designing (from scratch) things to print (he also knows about the software part of it).

Anyway, l'm going to let him get into the hobby and then we'll see if l can set it as a challenge for him to print the course piece. So yes, any information could be helpful. l can surely send him pictures of the outside from different angles, but not the inside. Truth is l have no idea (at all) about the printing process, but l guess there has to be measurements to take into account (e.g. the exact curvature of the piece)... The latter is something l can ask him (What would he need in order to print the piece).

In any case, if need be, he told me there are countless designs of stuff available online, and people (or websites) where one can order the specific design to be printed. So, if anybody were to figure out the design of the piece, printing it would be easy (it seems)...

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #3,022 of 3,142
@IYAshike
Not sure here exactly how 3D Printers work, as don't have one, but may be wrong thinking they work sorta like a dentist constructs a cerec tooth, which is cool.

Your friend may need the actual headphone small cover plate plastic piece. I think he photographs the various angles all around it to upload into his computer software program to fabricate a 3D replica, viewable on the screen. The image can be rotated 360 degrees & all around for the tiniest detail (with teeth on cerec, it must be like 95 to 99 % accurate). Then the plastic material is put on the printer & program "cuts" the plastic to replicate exactly.

Maybe I'm totally wrong here; but I think he needs the actual piece...measuring it instead to type into a software program seems beyond challenging.

I've seen every aspect of the cerec process...it works like I described (for teeth), and is ultra-fast from photos to the final product (@ 45 minutes) on the first run. A 2nd copy of the product (and 3rd to umpteenth copies) takes seconds (for a tiny object) as it is already in memory & just needs "cutting" time for each piece.

Others here know more about 3D printing, but maybe this helps.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3,023 of 3,142
@SHAMuuu ah ok, haha. Is that what JVC called the "acoustic lens" I wonder?

Actually the 'acoustic lens' in this headphone is the black plastic part covering the front of the driver with the holes.
The unique aspect of this headphone is that it encorporated a 2nd lens on the baffle plate, which is twisted slightly askew to create a slightly more diffused sound.
I think the theory is to prevent the sound from reaching your ears so directly, lessening the impact of the sound wave and creating a larger sense of soundstage.

Info taken from here: http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/pure/hp-dx1000_m/
Goggle translated the part about the acoustic lens:
Adopting a new structure "Acoustic Lens" *, which is an acoustic lens integrated with a baffle plate and another acoustic lens superimposed. By slightly shifting the distance between the two acoustic lenses and the hole diameter, the direct and indirect sounds are optimally tuned to realize natural sound spread and depth.

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #3,024 of 3,142
Actually the 'acoustic lens' in this headphone is the black plastic part covering the front of the driver with the holes.
The unique aspect of this headphone is that it encorporated a 2nd lens on the baffle plate, which is twisted slightly askew to create a slightly more diffused sound.
I think the theory is to prevent the sound from reaching your ears so directly, lessening the impact of the sound wave and creating a larger sense of soundstage.

Info taken from here: http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/pure/hp-dx1000_m/
Goggle translated the part about the acoustic lens:
Adopting a new structure "Acoustic Lens" *, which is an acoustic lens integrated with a baffle plate and another acoustic lens superimposed. By slightly shifting the distance between the two acoustic lenses and the hole diameter, the direct and indirect sounds are optimally tuned to realize natural sound spread and depth.

Thanks for the info there! JVC defo take some risks, but seems it paid off with the owners of the dx1k/2k. Also enjoyed their 55mm dedicated subwoofer design, though it was not as great as it could have been, showed JVC was not afraid to go into the unknown territories (which for dual dynamic (sz2k/1k)/ single dynamic, still rank 1st for bassheads). Not the most superior technically, but thank GOD we have wild wild west JVC engineers taking such leaps of faith in such designs. Now we see in the Eikon, Atticus. But, saw it here first. :D

3865083.jpg

in dreams in dreams.... gorgeous

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3,025 of 3,142
Jvc has surely Been a innovative one. Love how they started making Wood drivers instead of just using Wood housings :) I have not heard those Wood driver headphones but it is nice thinking out If The box idea.

About acoustic lens. Dx700/dx1000/dx2000 are not only headphones they use it with. They also use it on ha-rx700/rx900.

I'ts Been a while since I've had rx700 but my rx900 does send some "baby dx1000" vibes.

Of Course it is only a $50 headphone tuned More neutral than dx series but there is something... Call it a jvc sound maybe :)

Cheap jvc on ears sa400/s500 sound nothing a like. Not saying those are Bad for The Price. On The contrary. Also using carbon nanotubes on a $30 on ear headphone once again tells something about jvc's innovative qualities.

Here is a picture of rx900 acoustic lens. IMG_20171117_172630.jpg

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #3,026 of 3,142
Great info about these rx700/900's.... and just when I thought I had lost any interest in trying them out you pull this out of nowhere :D

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,027 of 3,142
Kik
Great info about these rx700/900's.... and just when I thought I had lost any interest in trying them out you pull this out of nowhere :D

Hehheh :) when I Took The picture I listened to a couple of songs with rx900. Crazy soundstage for a headphone of that price. For any Price really.... still, it is a a budget headphone so it is what it is.

rx series is good but in budget land superlux, takstar and most recently bosshifi/Msur have become The Kings of The budget headphones imo. Especially those bosshifi/Msur/kinden headphones are impressive. Also those are all Wood headphones :)

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #3,030 of 3,142
Hey guys, new owner here from Brazil. Looking for complementing my beyerdynamic T1, wanting some bass and highs not so agressive as th900. A lot of research made me buy these cans, soon they will arrive. I want to know, which song/music style do you think are made for the DX1000(like no other headphone can play these well)? And they are good for HIP HOP, RAP and EDM? Thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back