JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Jun 19, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #3,121 of 3,142
The thread isn't very active but just wanted to tell that original DX700/1000/2000 pads are still available.

The part number is JVC J47503-001 and they can be found on Japanese online retailers like Rakuten JP.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/e-earphone_1053

The product visual is showing some random pads, which might be confusing, but they are actually genuine DX ear pads.

2640 yen (for a single pad), which is 5280 yen, that is 49.5$ for a pair of pads. You need to go through some forwarder service like fromjapan, buyee or zenmarket to get these shipped. I paid 6900 yen including forwarder fees/shipping and international shipping (airmail small packet, EMS/DHL is too expensive for a simple pair of pads), which is 65$. Not cheap but not overly expensive.

20200609_124347_HDR.jpg
Thanks for this, many people are still owners of these fantastic phones, like myself and still very happy.

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #3,126 of 3,142
The balance... the balance!!!

What business do these headphones have keeping up with, if not outdoing, my TOTL headphones that cost 3x as much? Is it just me being crazy? Honeymoon?
I always found these pretty decent and never could give mine up. What're you comparing them to, how long have you owned both, and how're you feeding them?

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #3,127 of 3,142
I always found these pretty decent and never could give mine up. What're you comparing them to, how long have you owned both, and how're you feeding them?

I have them hooked up to a TA-ZH1ES desktop headphone amplifier, which I use for all of my phones. I haven't really done enough serious comparisons to say anything certain, it's just that they really impressed me with their inviting, spatially broad (almost triangular shape sound stage), and detailed sound, surprisingly along with a very powerful bass.

BTW, did JVC mess up with this included 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter?
IMG_8870.JPG

It only has two poles which means it only outputs mono on the left channel. Am I missing something?

May 11, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #3,129 of 3,142
One of the hinges attaching the earcup to the headband on my DX1000 broke years ago. At that time, I contacted JVC and was told they no longer have any spare hinges. So beware - these headphones aren‘t all that durable.

I thought the DX1000 was better than the HD650, but don’t compete with the HD800.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #3,131 of 3,142
Sep 16, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #3,133 of 3,142
Need to look for the template, but made some in the past.DX1000.jpg
I'm still loving these, by the way 💕

This was not a basic headband swap. They rewired the drivers with Mundorf silver-gold hookup wire, put on an iBasso SR-2 headband, and custom designed and made angled, mini-XLR socket housings, then matched the paint. And custom made new earpads, following the OEM ones I sent them. The result was as good as I could ever have hoped for.

I decided long ago that I wouldn't ever sell my DX1000s, even though my equipment and other headphones have all been upgraded since the first time I was wowed by them. So, I searched far and wide, literally for years, to find a headphone modding company that could take a shot at fixing some issues they had. Vesper did that and a tons of other mods for 4-5 of my headphones. I love all of them.

Sep 17, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3,134 of 3,142
Pondering selling mine. just don't use them much recently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back