JVC HARX900 Detachable Cable/Mic Mod (First attempt)
Mar 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Maaasih

New Head-Fier
Whats up guys? I'm trying to do a detachable cable & mic mod on my rx900s. Well this is my first time ever trying to mod headphones, so I have never soldered before or anything. I have used the search function and I googled cable/mic mods for the rx900s. Unfortunately,I couldn't find anything and now I need some help from you guys.
Well, I think I know what I am going to need but I'm not sure. I am planning it to look like this mod done on AD700s:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484176/dark-knight-ad700-gaming-mod-lots-of-pics

So if I'm not wrong, what I need is this:

Soldering Kit
3.5mm 4 pole to 3.5mm 4 pole cable
3.5mm 4 pole audio jack
2.5mm mic jack
wires to connect mic jack to audio jack

I know I am a TOTAL newbie to headphones and modifications. Nevertheless, I want to give it a try. So can somebody tell me If I am looking for the right things? And if so, can somebody please provide me with some links to websites where I can buy the right connectors from? I know a lot of questions but I might even have some more lol
Please let me know if I posted my questions in the wrong forum.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Can't really help you with the wiring bit, but seeing how you're new to soldering. I'd recommend you find something to practice your soldering first. As it may look easy, but it is truly hard to do when starting out.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the responses :) I ordered the Zalman clip-on mic for now but I would love to have a headset with a detachable cable/mic combo. I have some cheap headsets lying around in my room so I could use those as my test objects =B I just wanted to know if I am looking for the right connectors and where to get them from...

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I just wanted to know if I am looking for the right connectors and where to get them from...

Radio shack has most of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back