JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #4,186 of 4,826
Hey guys, I lost my V10 to that stupid boot loop issue :frowning2: so I'm wondering about any good Android EQ apps out there? I use Power amp and I like the results of that amp on the G4 I'm using right now but I really want something to increase the bass when I use Apple Music or Google Play.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #4,187 of 4,826
Both the JVC SZ1000 and SZ2000 have a max power rating of 1.5 watts. So if you just push them to 1 watt, you should be well bellow blowing them. And at 1W, those cans should be popping your nut.
I'm pretty sure my amp puts out 2.5 watts to 16ohm headphones (I think that's what the SZ impedance is) and I'll turn the amp up to like 75-80% and it ain't comparable to what I've seen and heard. Got lower freq (0-100) boosted up 12 of so DB cause I hear that's the best way to do it. Regardless of that it still ain't SUPER crazy

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,188 of 4,826
I am considering getting the sz2000 but am going to have to get it imported from Japan through ebay to the UK. Anybody know of a reliable seller etc

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4,190 of 4,826
I'm pretty sure my amp puts out 2.5 watts to 16ohm headphones (I think that's what the SZ impedance is) and I'll turn the amp up to like 75-80% and it ain't comparable to what I've seen and heard. Got lower freq (0-100) boosted up 12 of so DB cause I hear that's the best way to do it. Regardless of that it still ain't SUPER crazy

Your not the only one claiming the magni not hitting hard.

I'm gonna have to get one to test for the sake of this and the over ears basshead thread.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #4,191 of 4,826
OK pulled trigger and ordered jvc sz2000 from Japan. I hear that new pads are a must. What is the best pads to get to release the bass in these cans. A link for the UK would be great

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #4,192 of 4,826
OK pulled trigger and ordered jvc sz2000 from Japan. I hear that new pads are a must. What is the best pads to get to release the bass in these cans. A link for the UK would be great
I personally get the HM5 (I think that's what their called) off Amazon. Would've gone for the 55X/X55 ( I forget which order it is) pads that come off another pair of JVC but I didn't want to buy them off ebay because of the wait.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #4,193 of 4,826
Thanks. I've ordered hm5 pads and look forward to these bass monsters arriving!

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #4,194 of 4,826
Hi..

I am considering buying this masterpiece soon enough and I got several questions before that.

1. If using without DAC/Amp, can this monster still be able to be called bass monster? like, just plug in the cable to the headphone jack of my laptop. My laptop audio got so-called beatstudio sound system.
2. In line with no 1, what if using software EQ only, somehting like Equalizer APO. Can this headphone got power enough to be called monster?
3. If using with external DAC/Amp or Amp only, what do you think if it use with:
  1. a. Fiio E17K (Alpen 2)
  2. b. Fiio A5
  3. c. JDSLabs CmoyBB
  4. d. ifi nano iCan
  5. e. ifi micro iCan SE
or do you have any other recommendation that best suits with this SZ2000?

Thank you very much.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #4,195 of 4,826
Hi..

I am considering buying this masterpiece soon enough and I got several questions before that.

1. If using without DAC/Amp, can this monster still be able to be called bass monster? like, just plug in the cable to the headphone jack of my laptop. My laptop audio got so-called beatstudio sound system.

2. In line with no 1, what if using software EQ only, somehting like Equalizer APO. Can this headphone got power enough to be called monster?

3. If using with external DAC/Amp or Amp only, what do you think if it use with:

2. b. Fiio A5
  3. c. JDSLabs CmoyBB
  4. d. ifi nano iCan
  5. e. ifi micro iCan SE

Thank you very much.

Out of your list, I suggest the FIIO A5 and iCan SE. Without an amp there is no Bass monster.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,196 of 4,826
  Hi..

2. b. Fiio A5
  3. c. JDSLabs CmoyBB
  4. d. ifi nano iCan
  5. e. ifi micro iCan SE

Thank you very much.

I would also throw in   idsd micro Original or idsd micro BL version

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #4,197 of 4,826
Not sure if it can damage my headphones (I'm a bloody fookin noob) but turning the gain from low to high on my Magni 2 Uber REALLY adds some kick to the bass. I get the same amount of bass at half the usual volume in high gain as I do with low gain. 

(P.S. If this is causing possible damage, tell me :p

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #4,198 of 4,826
You should be fine on high gain. I use my iFi Micro iDSD on turbo for my SZ2000, which is 4w. The SZ2k likes the juice! 
basshead.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4,200 of 4,826

You should be fine on high gain. I use my iFi Micro iDSD on turbo for my SZ2000, which is 4w. The SZ2k likes the juice! 
basshead.gif

4w????????????????????? I was told its risky to go above 1.4w because thats all the headphones are meant to handle. 

There are a few people here with the iDSD that run the SZ2k with Turbo mode on. The JVC take it like a champ and bang my brain case around with the bass, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back