JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #3,556 of 4,826
What is that?

olddude posted the right item, but that store is more expensive than these guys who i used at the recommendation of fellow head fiers...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-DIY-MP3-V2-Professional-Lossless-Music-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-Support-32GB-TF-Card-Expansion/32727723202.html

This dap has crazy bass power. dang

edit: There is an eBay seller too.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #3,557 of 4,826

@vapman
Yannoe, I never noticed that vr b4 ur pic. Only the all black vr like the OP or my avi. Not bad lookin with the color contrast :)
Also, dunno if the lighting but ur plug doesn't look gold like mine or have the coiled "spring" at the end. Other than the pads of course, is all that original or modded?

those are my sz1000's! better choice for non-eq'ers or DAP without EQ!

my sz2000 have a gold plug :) 1000's have silver.

there is a pic a while back in this thread of my 1000s and 2000s next to each other but too lazy to find it and repost.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #3,559 of 4,826
Brutal, a bass switch on the Micro iDSD that when flicked on, it's so subtle that you barely (or at least not wow, that's a bass boost) know it was engaged. On a site where people make many over exaggerated observations and opinions, this one swinging the wrong way concerns me. Is this just for the JVC SZ1K and SZ2K or does this transcend other cans as well. Bummer. So does this mean that the iDSD bass boost is less than the iCAN? I ultimately will EQ but nice to get a feel for the differences and available headroom.

its actually a pretty good implementation if you know how to use it.  it just adds enough boost to the lowest region of bass that it will not bleed into the mid-bass or mids but help those headphones that needs that little push from a hardware boost after being eq'ed to the max.  Its not for the people that like to plug and play and just flick a switch to turn any headphone to basshead territory.

If the new BL adds another 1-2db without affecting the mids like the first iteration of the idsd then I'll will probably get one when the hype calms down.

Don't why they didn't add the two level of boost like they did with the ican SE, but i guess i'm not cool enough to get that answer.....

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3,560 of 4,826
  those are my sz1000's! better choice for non-eq'ers or DAP without EQ!

my sz2000 have a gold plug :) 1000's have silver.

there is a pic a while back in this thread of my 1000s and 2000s next to each other but too lazy to find it and repost.

Much blessings kind sir

I kinda like the look of the 1k better with the chrome ring though i do like them gold plugs of the 2k

can\t waittttttttt for mw 1k

*HOLY JESUS THEY ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its only been few days. From Japan to Canada

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #3,562 of 4,826
  my pair of sz2000s have faulted somewhere in the wiring, it only plays out of the left earcup. is there any fix on this or do i need to shell out another 200$ for another pair?

if you are not afraid to open it up, there is one pcb the wire from the left cup goes to, and distributes the signal to all the other drivers.
first i would check there is no damage here or to the cable.
should be fixed easily with a recable unless the problem is elsewhere.....

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #3,564 of 4,826
Anyone here know if Brainwaves angled pads will fit on the sz2000? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I wish i could find the post, but IIRC the user found the "extra thick" hm5 to be the pad to go to. I will go to these once my stock pads wear out (I used tp 2 sheets rolled up and stuffed the sides) and its comfy. I guess you could use cotton or as one other guy suggested on the extremebass head thread (pantyhose rolled up) but thats a bit extreme lols

As I recalled the  angled hm5 performed poorer than hm5 "extra thick"

but try and search for it. Anyway, i will go with them with sz1k down the road

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #3,565 of 4,826

I wish i could find the post, but IIRC the user found the "extra thick" hm5 to be the pad to go to. I will go to these once my stock pads wear out (I used tp 2 sheets rolled up and stuffed the sides) and its comfy. I guess you could use cotton or as one other guy suggested on the extremebass head thread (pantyhose rolled up) but thats a bit extreme lols

Hey thanks! Are these the extra thick ones you are referring to? http://a.co/2TkeM3g

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #3,566 of 4,826

That may have been me. I was one of various people on this thread who used HM5 extra thick pads on the JVC's to very good effect.

My advice is to get those pads if you don't already have them (link below) and put them on immediately. It makes the comfort level (and the sound quality) much better.

http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/pleather-headphone-pad

BTW, if you ever consider HM5 angled pads for the JVC, I doubt they'd work. I did the math on height vs width in mm vs inches, and found the HM5 angled pads are only 80mm wide, considerably narrower than the ~100mm width of the JVC earcups' baseplates. That's something like 5/8" too narrow; I wouldn't try it.

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #3,567 of 4,826

That may have been me. I was one of various people on this thread who used HM5 extra thick pads on the JVC's to very good effect.

My advice is to get those pads if you don't already have them (link below) and put them on immediately. It makes the comfort level (and the sound quality) much better.

BTW, if you ever consider HM5 angled pads for the JVC, I doubt they'd work. I did the math on height vs width in mm vs inches, and found the HM5 angled pads are only 80mm wide, considerably narrower than the ~100mm width of the JVC earcups' baseplates. That's something like 5/8" too narrow; I wouldn't try it.  

Did you vent the hm5 ET pads. Four little holes NESW (Never Eat Sour Worms)

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,568 of 4,826

Did you vent the hm5 ET pads. Four little holes NESW (Never Eat Sour Worms)

Vent them? You mean poke holes in the pleather? Hell, no. I wouldn't mess with those excellent pads that way. Can't help/might hurt.

If its airflow/ventilation you're after, I suppose you could try the hybrid version of the HM5's, though I've heard that increases treble & reduces bass (neither is good for the JVCs IMO).

There are some fully perforated earpads in use on some headphones, but I suspect those would be disastrous for the JVC's, since they make a true earpad/head seal impossible, which can greatly affect the bass & treble.

If a headphone is optimized/designed for perforated pads, that's one thing. But if it's not (and the JVC's clearly were not), IMO "don't go there."

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #3,569 of 4,826

Vent them? You mean poke holes in the pleather? Hell, no. I wouldn't mess with those excellent pads that way. Can't help/might hurt.

If its airflow/ventilation you're after, I suppose you could try the hybrid version of the HM5's, though I've heard that increases treble & reduces bass (neither is good for the JVCs IMO).

There are some fully perforated earpads in use on some headphones, but I suspect those would be disastrous for the JVC's, since they make a true earpad/head seal impossible, which can greatly affect the bass & treble.

If a headphone is optimized/designed for perforated pads, that's one thing. But if it's not (and the JVC's clearly were not), IMO "don't go there."

If that original poster, was you, then i believed you stated the SQ improved. Then I guess just simple pad swap, no need for extra mods.

Which is good I guess
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #3,570 of 4,826

Cool, I'll get these. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back