JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #3,151 of 4,826
Comfort slightly trumps SQ for me when choosing pads. In that aspect, HM5 wins hands down.

^^ That. I listen to a bunch of music, so I gotta have that comfort. I didn't notice a significant loss of quality using the HM5, but I did notice that big fluffy goodness, lol.

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,152 of 4,826

JVC's HAM line are a good headphone, usually popular among gamers due to its style and colors. The 55x specifically I believe is the top of that series of headphones. They use a 50mm driver, so they will be reproducing bass bellow 63 hertz, and there light weight so good for portability. Isolation won't be as good as the SZ line but thats not to be surprised for that price point that the HAM55X are at. Surprisingly however, the impedance is 36 ohms, so your definitely going to need an amp like the Fiio A3 or E12 to power them. JVC makes good headphones so give them a try if you want.
smile_phones.gif

sorry, was not very clear, the HA-M55X pads, with JVC SZ-2000
How does the sound change with HA-M55X
bass, midrange, treble
Is the HM5 worth buying, or are they sufficient for efficient SQ and overall sound

Comfort slightly trumps SQ for me when choosing pads. In that aspect, HM5 wins hands down.

i feel sometimes when the pads, are too far from the ear,(thickness of the pads) that some details are missed out, especially if you want a clean signal, with the SZ-2000 is that the case,
if you want the best of treble and midrange with the HM5

are the hybrids the solid choice, as some said the regular, didnt do it a lot better
as the signal, may be little closer in front, of the earpad with the hybrid's?

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #3,154 of 4,826
OH ok, well, then I am not the one to answer your question, I am still running on the stock pads and won't be getting the brainwaves HM5's anytime soon. Vapman or Hawaiibadboy might be able to answer your question though.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3,155 of 4,826
Ny opinion is that these cans are for BASS! The 55 pads transfer more slam and impact to your head then OEM pads or any of the HM5's. Sound quality is subjective but these can are not audiofile grade cans at all, and need to be EQ'd for most people under most conditions. I personally do not find the cans with the 55 pads uncomfortable at all.

However. HM5 pads offer more comfort at the expense of impact and slam. Some people claim a decent expanse of soundstage since the drivers are further from your earhole, but hey, I didn't buy these headphones for soundstage, so I personally don't care about that. These headphones EQ'd and amped give you the closest experience you can have to being at a live show, then anything else.

I will personally leave the 55x pads on because I am content with them. The other pads are more comfortable, so if you want that, go with that. There is probably no way in the world that impact and slam that you lose is going to matter to you. These things have enough to go around. I don't run EQ half as aggressive as HBB and VM and some of the other guys here, and I still come away after a good couple hours of nonstop listening feeling like I have just been waterboarded by the US Gov.

If you like Bass, have Amp, have EQ, and want to experience Insane Headshaking, then get these cans and whatever pads you want.

Aug 28, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #3,156 of 4,826
I have been considering sending a set all the way to Indonesia to have De'Mun work their magic on a SZ2000
biggrin.gif

unfortunately it isn't quite possible with these to have maximum impact and detail at the same time, so those who feel it does not provide enough definition on kicks at high bpm, might consider pads with greater distance from the drivers but will reduce overall SPL.

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3,159 of 4,826
Dawk, your freaking hilarious! I can just imagine me walking around with my JVC's on LMAO :etysmile:

Ya IEM's don't do many an good, which is why when people in the past have asked for advice on which IEM to buy, I never have a good answer because I never met one I liked. :rolleyes:

Now, the M50X will give you bass, if memory serves, its a 40mm driver I think, so you can expect some bass in the 100 hertz range for sure, but it won't knock your socks off. BTW, why do we even use that term? I can just imagine millions of people all at the same time, their socks getting flung off, with a dumbfounded look on their face like, I don't know what happened man, one minute I was mellow yellow on liquid wrench, next minute my socks were gone.

If you a re hell bent on going wired, then I would recommend these headphones. They are larger then the Kinivo's, have 40mm drivers, but should be small and light weight enough for portable on the go use. Just give it some thought, cause the M50X, while a great headphone and all, is going to have some weight and bulk to them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPR9K26

When I owned the M50 before, it was really easy to boost the bass into serious powerhouse range. They respond just as well to that type of EQ as the sz2000 in my opinion. Quantity, they just aren't up to snuf compared to the 2000 but they can rock if the song gives them good sub bass.

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #3,160 of 4,826
Also I personally use the velour pads that came with my pair (second hand). I have the HM5 pads but I dunno, they didn't seem to slam as hard.

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #3,161 of 4,826
Also I personally use the velour pads that came with my pair (second hand). I have the HM5 pads but I dunno, they didn't seem to slam as hard.

B-Dawk, your da man! I've been scratching my head wondering weather to go with the velore HM5, or the plether HM5 pads in the future. I was thinking the velore will be more comfortable on my head, but I was curious if the velore made the headphones sound worse or better. From your description, sounds like my best bet is to go with the velore pads. See, thats why I freaking love this site, people who own s*** and who know their s*** and no BS in between.

I am not the biggest or most knowledgeable audiophile by any means! But I like to learn to stuff and share what I've learned, which is exactly what I am going to do with my project post when my equalizer gets here. I have a strong appreciation for audio equipment in general, so I like stuff like receivers, amps, etc. But most recently I've been learning to have a deeper appreciation for old vintage equipment, hopefully there will be a Marrantz 2240B in my future, ya, incase you didn't know, that receiver is legend for a good reason, because it sounds freaking increadible to all who own it lol.

I came to Head-FI to learn what the best bass headphones for my budget were, thats when I learned about the JVC SZ1000-E headphones. But now I am glad I came here because I am learning more about headphones, and I get to hear a lot of great opinions here to, cause as you know, sound is quite objective, but there is one thing everybody agrees on, if the headphones hit hard, your going to know it. lol

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,162 of 4,826
I have been enjoying HA-SZ1000 for two weeks now glad i finally came around to buying a set .. and forgot to thank the person who gave me suggested EQ settings for my 2nd Gen Fiio X3 really brought out a-lot in headphones .. there my 2nd Fav cans right now ... always like modding stuff so added a little vinyl wrap carbon fiber style on headphones.. will eventually paint shiny
part of cans flat black with a few coats of matte clearcoat ...

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #3,165 of 4,826
B-Dawk, your da man! I've been scratching my head wondering weather to go with the velore HM5, or the plether HM5 pads in the future. I was thinking the velore will be more comfortable on my head, but I was curious if the velore made the headphones sound worse or better. From your description, sounds like my best bet is to go with the velore pads. See, thats why I freaking love this site, people who own s*** and who know their s*** and no BS in between.

I am not the biggest or most knowledgeable audiophile by any means! But I like to learn to stuff and share what I've learned, which is exactly what I am going to do with my project post when my equalizer gets here. I have a strong appreciation for audio equipment in general, so I like stuff like receivers, amps, etc. But most recently I've been learning to have a deeper appreciation for old vintage equipment, hopefully there will be a Marrantz 2240B in my future, ya, incase you didn't know, that receiver is legend for a good reason, because it sounds freaking increadible to all who own it lol.

I came to Head-FI to learn what the best bass headphones for my budget were, thats when I learned about the JVC SZ1000-E headphones. But now I am glad I came here because I am learning more about headphones, and I get to hear a lot of great opinions here to, cause as you know, sound is quite objective, but there is one thing everybody agrees on, if the headphones hit hard, your going to know it. lol

It's all about learning more bro! I came here because I had a dream. I would hear online about headphones like the HD650 and K701 (This was awhile back lol) and the way people described them...it was as if they were magic! So I knew on day I had to know what that felt like. I started my journey low but now I'm here with all my equipment and it's become one of my favorite hobbies.

I also always like listening to that vintage equipment though! They tend to have interesting sound signatures.

Also...at the airport hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back